Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 516 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

When he wins supporting actor…

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

When he wins supporting actor…

And Allison Janney’s himself to a Lead win in 2022.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

The way he would be a better winner than James Gandolfini, Bryan Cranston, Jon Hamm, Matthew Rhys and Jeremy Strong.

Jesus he is so hot… I might rewatch Bridgerton just because… 👀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apparently FX are giving voters a car wash whilst promoting Snowfall?

Potential surprise?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It is such a strange race, indeed. I expect THT to make it — it airing right now is really gonna help it IMO + the audience scores are up this season — and think that Pose and TIU will return. When in doubt, go with previous nominees. Voters proved last year in these drama categories that they’re pretty lazy (not to take away from the quality of those two shows’ current installments, which are great!).

Shows rarely get nominated in series after getting dropped though. And when they do, it’s usually because they had a far better season than the previous snubbed ones. Lost S4, Homeland S4 and The Americans S6 are the only ones this century to achieve that I believe.

I’m fairly certain This is Us is out at this point. Pose has the final season narrative but I expected it to be bigger, with both critics and audiences, so I’m getting less and less certain about it.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I’m sceptical about Moss (I have her 6th) but I feel quite confident The Handmaid’s Tale making it back in. It got 10 nominations last year and it’s a lacklustre field. Plus like The Kominsky Method it’s had a solid record with SAG. I’d be very shocked if it missed. This is Us on the other hand, idk. I feel like it’s in a similar situation to Black-ish (why couldn’t it make it back into SAG this year over Better Call Saul?)

Moss not making it in would be a travesty, like think about the show what you want but she is so so good in every episode.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Shows rarely get nominated in series after getting dropped though. And when they do, it’s usually because they had a far better season than the previous snubbed ones. Lost S4, Homeland S4 and The Americans S6 are the only ones this century to achieve that I believe. I’m fairly certain This is Us is out at this point. Pose has the final season narrative but I expected it to be bigger, with both critics and audiences, so I’m getting less and less certain about it.

You’re definitely right. But several shows might have missed solely because last year as so insanely stacked. We only have three shows running from last year, The Crown, The Mandalorian and THT. I think that could help them. I also cannot see what has enough passion to make the cut ahead of them. I just don’t buy The Boys, don’t see In Treatment gaining enough steam in time, and don’t even know what else to consider. Maybe Ratched?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Time Traveler’s Wife: first kook at Theo James and Rose Leslie in Steven Moffat’s HBO adaptation. All the six episodes will be directed by David Nutter (Game of Thrones).

https://tvline.com/2021/05/18/the-time-travelers-wife-photo-theo-james-rose-leslie-hbo-adaptation/

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Time Traveler’s Wife: first kook at Theo James and Rose Leslie in Steven Moffat’s HBO adaptation. All the six episodes will be directed by David Nutter (Game of Thrones). https://tvline.com/2021/05/18/the-time-travelers-wife-photo-theo-james-rose-leslie-hbo-adaptation/

Didn’t Steven Moffat already adapt The Time Traveller’s Wife lmao:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I love Rose Leslie, but I just get bad vibes from this adaptation.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With most shows having now aired, if you could now choose 5 performers to receive their first nominations, who would they be?

Here are mine (I decided to spread the wealth by choosing one from each drama series):

Ok I haven’t seen season 3 yet but she was excellent in both of the first two seasons and the recognition of excellent performances from trans performers is long overdue!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

With most shows having now aired, if you could now choose 5 performers to receive their first nominations, who would they be?

Here are mine (I decided to spread the wealth by choosing one from each drama series):

Ok I haven’t seen season 3 yet but she was excellent in both of the first two seasons and the recognition of excellent performances from trans performers is long overdue!

The queen ofc

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The queen ofc

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Daniel Brühl
    Dominique McElliogot
    Temuera Morrison
    Hunter Schaffer
    Antony Starr

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

With most Here are mine (I decided to spread the wealth by choosing one from each drama series)

Daniel Bruhl

Mark Hamill

Pedro Pascal

Phoebe Dynevor

MJ

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.