Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 513 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

S. Actor is an absolute mess. Aside from Menzies, Whitford and Williams, I literally have no confidence in predicting this category.

I’m feeling more and more confident about Fagbenle. It’s largely a hope-diction on my part because I thought he was deserving of the win last year (thankfully season 4 finally starts over here next week lol!) but this category is practically empty, his star has risen quite a bit since the show was last on air and his show is one voters are familiar with.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

I still don’t buy In Treatment outside of Aduba. I guess Ramos could happen due to his individual buzz, but I doubt that helps him here (though I’d totally be here for his nom because he’s excellent). No one is talking about IT; it’s almost as though it wasn’t airing. Please, Emmy voters, nominate O-T Fagbenle!

I think Hickey might happen, he got a nod out of nowhere for The Big C Hereafter and seems to be a well-respected actor with even a Tony win.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

S. Actor is an absolute mess. Aside from Menzies, Whitford and Williams, I literally have no confidence in predicting this category. I’m feeling more and more confident about Fagbenle. It’s largely a hope-diction on my part because I thought he was deserving of the win last year (thankfully season 4 finally starts over here next week lol!) but this category is practically empty, his star has risen quite a bit since the show was last on air and his show is one voters are familiar with.

I don’t know who to replace?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m feeling more and more confident about Fagbenle. It’s largely a hope-diction on my part because I thought he was deserving of the win last year (thankfully season 4 finally starts over here next week lol!) but this category is practically empty, his star has risen quite a bit since the show was last on air and his show is one voters are familiar with.

Disappointed that Black Widow didn’t end up coming out in early May because of the rumors/theories are true, he’s got a very juicy role in that and it’d help boost him a LOT.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Sad. Maybe you should try understanding it this time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In Treatment is a big question mark for me, I’m predicting Hickey, Ramos and Aduba, but i can see all missing, even Aduba.
    This show barely scratched the surface and it’s not like Mrs America or Fosse/Verdon when you have the industry and the beauty of it all to back you up

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

the whole thing with the 2019 drama actress race was that Russel, Foy, and Oh all had so much individual buzz that a lot of us just assumed it was Moss’s to lose since there there didn’t seem to be a consensus second place (looking back on it, I wonder who ended up being second to Foy). The only nominee who didn’t seem to stand a chance was Wood.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(looking back on it, I wonder who ended up being second to Foy).

My guess is it was Russell.

The Handmaid’s Tale led the nominations round of voting in actors branch support (followed by The Crown) but the fact that Russell had so much individual buzz going for her, won TCA and also had a last chance narrative like Foy did tells me she was probably next in line. With how well The Americans did at the guilds and winter awards with The Crown and Game of Thrones ineligible and The Handmaid’s Tale eligible as well as how well it did on Emmys night it was probably third in Drama Series.

Oh obviously did go onto sweep the winter awards but I remember that shortly after the Emmys, it felt like Killing Eve had a surge in popularity and Oh had a surge in buzz. She was hosting the Globes and her overdue narrative obviously only grew stronger. It was like she was almost everywhere whilst Russell’s individual buzz had plateaued quite a bit following the Emmys. I do think Oh was probably 3rd though considering how last year when both The Handmaid’s Tale and Killing Eve delivered underwhelming third seasons, she slipped in over Moss.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The only nominee who didn’t seem to stand a chance was Wood.

This hurts

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Evan Rachel Wood is an incredibly under appreciated thespian (her performance in Kajillionaire last year was incredible) and was worthy of the win in season 1 (her performance in “The Bicameral Mind” is a masterclass) along with Foy and Moss but her nomination for season 2 was so undeserving and that character was treated so poorly by the show’s writing team.

Jodie Comer should have taken the last slot instead for Killing Eve season 1. Imagine how iconic a line-up of Comer, Foy, Maslany, Moss, Oh and Russell would have been?

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

ERW was amazing in season 1 of Westworld but the material she got for the second one was not it.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Wood deserved for both, she was outstanding in season 2 as well.
    Season 3 well, she was good but yeah, there’s not much it can be done with that script.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m just glad the best performance on the show won 

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Imagine you have a cast with Wood, Newton, Hopkins, Harris, Wright and you wast all their potential with bad writting (season 3)? 💀

Seriously all of them gave awards winning performances in some moment of the first two seasons and it’s sad knowing the show awards trajetory is already finished. Not just the main cast but Katja Herbers, Louis Herthum, Zahn McClamon and Peter Mullan.

The first season is almost perfect IMO and just a miracle where season 4 have the same quality of debut season to bring the show back to life.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.