Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 513 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Zahn McClamon

“Kiksuya” is the definition of a winning Guest tape and I still hate how he was forced to compete in Supporting with 12 other castmates.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Can Angel Bismarck Curiel be added to the prediction centre? He really shined during this season of Pose and I’d like to think he has some semblance of a chance considering the weakness of the Drama Supporting Actor category.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Imagine you have a cast with Wood, Newton, Hopkins, Harris, Wright and you wast all their potential with bad writting (season 3)? Seriously all of them gave awards winning performances in some moment of the first two seasons and it’s sad knowing the show awards trajetory is already finished. Not just the main cast but Katja Herbers, Louis Herthum, Zahn McClamon and Peter Mullan.

The Rinko Kikuchi erasure…

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think Wood deserved for both, she was outstanding in season 2 as well. Season 3 well, she was good but yeah, there’s not much it can be done with that script.

Honestly, I liked Season 3 more than Season 2, and Wood definitely had better material in the third season. Both were huge disappointments compared to Season 1 though.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia is criminally low in the predictions centre. He’s in a show actors are familiar with and could very well have been 7th last year. How is he below Nicco Annan, Jack Dylan Grazer, Freddie Highmore, Damson Idris, Anthony Mackie and Christopher Meloni?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

In general, with the lack of Emmy favorites, I think This is Us can bounce back and over-perform big with acting noms.

Only The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale provide for a lot of potential acting noms otherwise… unless they go for Lovecraft in a big way.

The rest of the dramas are sci-fi or not acting favorites outside of a single performance (Bridgerton, Pose, The Mandalorian, etc).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia is criminally low in the predictions centre. He’s in a show actors are familiar with and could very well have been 7th last year. How is he below Nicco Annan, Jack Dylan Grazer, Freddie Highmore, Damson Idris, Anthony Mackie and Christopher Meloni?

Makes no sense, tbh.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Why wasn’t Ozark nominated for Best Drama Series at TCA last year?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

They don’t know her.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Critics are tastless darling that’s why.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

TCA aren’t exclusively critics. 😊

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

TCA aren’t exclusively critics. 😊

I mean neither are the Critics Choice (where the show got 6 nominations)…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Critics never cared for it that much and even season 3 wasn’t as acclaimed as people make it out to be.

Profile picture
    Duelle
    Topics:

TCA seem to be more and more in lockstep with Emmy frontrunners in the last few years despite their history of being prestige-driven. I have a feeling that Ozark will show up there eventually if they maintain a good amount of buzz; they did finally break in with the Globes for S3 after all.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.