Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At this point TCA is a precursor for the Emmys and not their once passion award.

I knew Mark Ruffalo would win over Paul Mescal last year the minute he was nominated there, same as Jeremy Strong over Brian Cox

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Critics never cared for it that much and even season 3 wasn’t as acclaimed as people make it out to be.

S3 has a higher score on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes than Big Little Lies s1 which got in everywhere at TCA..

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

S3 has a higher score on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes than Big Little Lies s1 which got in everywhere at TCA..

12 reviews vs 42 isn’t a good comparison.
    And Ozark didn’t start strong as BLL, in fact, the first two seasons have mediocre to good reviews, it would be needed way more than an above the line season for them to acknowledge Ozark.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Big Little Lies‘ score probably isn’t representative of all its critical and audience passion considering how the bulk of it developed following its penultimate episode and finale (which I assume weren’t provided to critics). Similar thing with Ted Lasso which wasn’t provided to critics and has a lower score than the also TCA snubbed third season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

It still isn’t that much acclaimed. Shows that start with the wrong foot with critics really need to get extremely raved to get acknowledge by these highbrow groups. And Big Little Lies had a huge snob appeal, not to mention it was about feminism and was a female lead show. Also, Ozark was literally dragged in tons of reviews for The Mosquito Coast.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ozark was literally dragged in tons of reviews for The Mosquito Coast.

Critics know nothing about tv we been knew.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Weird reading that from someone with TCA winner Regina King in their profile picture. The self-disrespect lol…

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Weird reading that from someone with TCA winner Regina King in their profile picture. The self-disrespect lol…

I’m just kidding around lmao I love the sweeps they gave American Crime Story and Watchmen.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m just kidding around lmao I love the sweeps they gave American Crime Story and Watchmen.

I know I was just teasing you darling…

This will be us to them if they snub Ms Linney again…

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

About In Treatment: Aduba, Ramos and Hickey are great and deserved nominations. But I’m only seeing critics commenting on the series, so I guess only Aduba has real chances.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Using MetaCritic’s year end critics list recap

BLL 1 – 69/125 year end lists. (55.2%)
    Ozark 3 – 8/122 year end lists. (6.5%)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Regardless of the fact that she’s getting a nomination or not (she’s not), I think Aya Cash is someone who will be big at the Emmys in the next couple of years. She was brilliant in You’re the Worst in a comedic performance and in The Boys as a ice queen lady. She’s insanely talented.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Regardless of the fact that she’s getting a nomination or not (she’s not), I think Aya Cash is someone who will be big at the Emmys in the next couple of years. She was brilliant in You’re the Worst in a comedic performance and in The Boys as a ice queen lady. She’s insanely talented.

She has a role in the upcoming American version of This Country on Fox.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

HBO just confirmed that “I Hate Suzie” has not been submitted for Emmys (only eligible for international). Pulling it out of the predictions center. This is something we were pretty certain about, but it’s good to get confirmations before making changes.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.