Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Natasha Lyonne and Leslye Headland better redeem that next year and get Ms Sevigny her long overdue Emmy nom!

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Chloë Sevigny should have won all The awards for Big Love season 3.

She’s been wasted here and there over last decade but for sure she would be a deserving nominee this year for We Are Who We Are. Sadly The show has zero buzz.

Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

I recently watched We Are Who We Are and honestly I don’t regret it. One of the best shows of this Emmy season (hopefully it leads to more roles for Grazer and especially Seamon, who was my personal MVP).  Chloe Sevigny continues to be one of the most underrated actors working today.

The show has many flaws but it’s such a powerful and unique piece of work that it’s easy to overlook them. Seamon was absolutely brilliant in the role and definitely the MVP as you said. I wished they used Sevigny more, her character was probably the most interesting. It’s a shame it won’t be returning. There’s still so much more to tell.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m unsure what to do with For All Mankind when it comes to acting. I’ve been predicting it to be the “drama What We Do in the Shadows of this year” (buzzed about writer-y show from an Emmy nominee that airs its more acclaimed sophomore season in the second half of eligibility) but these categories are really weak. It’s hard to tell whether Michael Dorman is on the precipice of getting in or is the Harvey Guillen of his show.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m unsure what to do with For All Mankind when it comes to acting. I’ve been predicting it to be the “drama What We Do in the Shadows of this year” (buzzed about writer-y show from an Emmy nominee that airs its more acclaimed sophomore season in the second half of eligibility) but these categories are really weak. It’s hard to tell whether Michael Dorman is on the precipice of getting in or is the Harvey Guillen of his show.

Why For All Mankind, though ? There’s literally no evidence to predict the show.

The Boys also falls in that category and it got a WGA nomination.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I watched the first two eps of In Treatment, and I absolutely love Uzo in this role! Ramos (who, BTW, is so gd handsome) & Hickey were fantastic too!

Profile picture
    Paola Andrade
    Topics:

Why For All Mankind, though ? There’s literally no evidence to predict the show. The Boys also falls in that category and it got a WGA nomination.

Having seen both For All Mankind and The boys, Michael Dorman seems like the pick the Emmys would vote for, he underwent a physical transformation, had the monologues, anchored the season emotionally and had the storyline that would make for a great narrative…the problem is that I haven’t seen Apple campaigning him or the show. Amazon on the other hand is pushing The Boys harder and that might be enough to overcome the genre bias, cause it’s at least getting seen unlike FAM.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think The Boys is in with or without For All Mankind
    But that’s just me.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Prime Video is being extremely stupid submitting Anthony Starr in Lead instead of Supporting. He would have a chance of actually winning but now is only fighting for the nomonation.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Prime Video is being extremely stupid submitting Anthony Starr in Lead instead of Supporting. He would have a chance of actually winning but now is only fighting for the nomonation.

Yeah, that was VERY dumb, Williams and Menzies are VERY weak frontrunners, Starr would’ve won in a cakewalk.

Poor Aya Cash though. She was MVP of the season for me but she has no way in hell of getting in at lead or winning… in either category.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Ryan Jamaal Swain (Pose) is in the predictions center as Supporting, but I believe he will be submitted as a Guest, as he has only appeared in one episode of Season 3 so far. And it seems unlikely that he will return, considering that he wanted some time and space after the tragic murder of his sister.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Williams and Menzies are VERY weak frontrunners

And those two (and Ramos) are the only ones I’m even confident in actually being nominated.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The character she got for Hotel.. awful.

I completely blanked that she was in Hotel… I was just referring to Asylum.

That Hotel “role” was just, yikes. Sigh.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

We need the 2022 thread to open huns so Ozark vs Succession round two can happen 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We need the 2022 thread to open huns so Succession vs Succession round two can happen

Fixed it for you!

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.