Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus had a strong narrative, was on her final season and had a hell of a performance and even she couldn’t win against someone who went onto win Golden Globe and Critics Choice awards (before any comes for me I know O’Connor didn’t win SAG and his performance didn’t have as much passion as PWB’s had) in the series sweeper with an “only chance” narrative. JLD was arguably much stronger than Porter is this year.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’ve said this before, but again Lead Actors who won multiple times for the same role this century James Gandolfini – Sopranos (2000, 2001 and 2003) James Spader – Practice/Boston Legal (2004, 2005 and 2007) Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2014) All of them for multiple winners/nominees in Drama Series. Boston Legal was nominated only once for Series, but it was an spin off of Practice, one of the favorite shows of the Academy. If Sterling K. Brown couldn’t do it for a stronger show with actors, I doubt Porter wins again. Josh O’Connor has this in the bag. Not just because the show is winning Series and his performance was stellar, but also because he’s a rising star who will get Oscars nominations in the next 3/4 years. The only competition for him IMO would be Starr if he gets nominated, because it would be a sign of strength and passion getting nominated for a genre show in which he plays a maniac. I don’t think he is getting nominated, so Josh O’Connor will probably win by a landslide.

I’m predicting O’Connor, but Brown lost after This Is Us underperformed a ton in the nominations for Season 2 and he split votes with Ventimiglia, who arguably had the buzzier season. It’s not a great comparison.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And 0-time Bafta and 0-time Sag winner josh will remain a 0-time emmy winner.

Like how Elisabeth Moss was a 0-time BAFTA nominee and also 0-time SAG winner and lost in 2017 for that reason 💀💀💀…

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Did someone mention SAG?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m predicting O’Connor, but Brown lost after This Is Us underperformed a ton in the nominations for Season 2 and he split votes with Ventimiglia, who arguably had the buzzier season. It’s not a great comparison.

It really isn’t and Josh doesn’t have a “final chance” narrative at all, this isn’t used or mentioned anywhere in the trades like it was for Claire Foy (it was the base of her campaign which really isn’t the case here).

And y’all are getting ahead of yourselves saying things like he will be nominated at the Oscars in 3 years as if it’s a done deal 💀 Not sure why y’all are so tense everytime someone mentions the possibility of him losing.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m just here for the nonsensical fighting because we all know both of them are losing to Rege Jean Page honeys, it’s bound to happen.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What overperformance? It missed casting, supporting actress, lead actress, supporting actor. It was actually an underperformance.

They did say underperformed tho

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Count me among those thinking that Billy Porter has a better chance than Josh O’Connor at the moment. It’s a showy role and he’s won before so we know voters are at least aware of Pose. That final season was one big long Emmy reel for him.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Count me among those thinking that Billy Porter has a better chance than Josh O’Connor at the moment. It’s a showy role and he’s won before so we know voters are at least aware of Pose. That final season was one big long Emmy reel for him.

And they aren’t aware of 39-time Emmy nominee and next Drama series winner The Crown?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m just here for the nonsensical fighting because we all know both of them are losing to Rege Jean Page honeys, it’s bound to happen.

Please don’t ever stop with these posts.😂

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson and Lizzie Moss’ Actors on Actors interview.

https://youtu.be/1JjqYnbQJtU

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson and Lizzie Moss’ Actors on Actors interview. https://youtu.be/1JjqYnbQJtU

Now I have an incentive to find a way to quickly see all of The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 to watch this perfect pairing of two iconic thespians lol!

I just love how Anderson and Moss continue to do long-running television series in this peak TV era in order to fulfil their own creative wishes even as their peers in similar career situations jump to film or limited series.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, you def can’t watch if you haven’t seen the season since they show a spoiler-y clip like 5 minutes in. 💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah, you def can’t watch if you haven’t seen the season since they show a spoiler-y clip like 5 minutes in. 💀

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.