Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do people who think Perry Mason is being overestimated also think Lithgow is?

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/emmys-2021-drama-predictions-part-9/page/11/#post-1204308441

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/emmys-2021-drama-predictions-part-9/page/11/#post-1204308441

Thanks! This really seems like a great argument for Fagbenle, Sullivan, and Hartley making it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My favorite Colman ep is still “War.” 💀

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Also, lone nominees in Supporting Actor -, Drama are usually passion picks like Andre Braugher from Men of Certain Age and Jon Voight for Ray Donovan in 2014 (and the show was strong with actors). They’re the only ones in the category in the past years.

Matthew Rhys also don’t fall in the trend of lone nominees in Lead Actor. They’re usually previous nominees for the role and from shows that were nominated in Drama Series in the past, like Michael C. Hall for that shitty final season of Dexter and Hugh Laurie for House. Also previous winners (Sterling K. Brown and Billy Porter).

Bloodline is the only recent show to get Lead Actor/Supporting Actor paired for its first season without a Series nomination.
    So, it doesn’t make sense to predict only Rhys or Lithgow, but rather both of them and Series. It’s either that or nothing.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

They were also under a different voting system.

I don’t think so. The voting system to choose the nominations was the same as it is today — by popular choice.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Thought I’d do one for supporting actress as well.

Supporting Actress in a Drama Nominees since 2015

– 22 performances previously nominated
    – 35 performances that were either individually nominated at SAG or their shows were nominated in one of the drama categories at SAG
    – 10 Golden Globe nominated performances
    – 13 performances in the drama series winner

The following eligible performers this year fit this “criteria”:

– Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    – Adjoa Andoh, Bridgerton
    – Marion Bailey, The Crown
    – Madeleine Brewer, The Handmaid’s Tale
    – Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    – Jamie Chung, Lovecraft Country
    – Nicola Coughlan, Bridgerton
    – Erin Doherty, The Crown
    – Ann Dowd, The Handmaid’s Tale
    – Aunjanue Ellis, Lovecraft Country
    – Emerald Fennell, The Crown
    – Abbey Lee, Lovecraft Country
    – Chrissy Metz, This is Us
    – Wunmi Mosaku, Lovecraft Country
    – Cynthia Nixon, Ratched
    – Yvonne Strahovski, The Handmaid’s Tale
    – Polly Walker, Bridgerton
    – Susan Kelechi Watson, This is Us
    – Samira Wiley, The Handmaid’s Tale

No Golden Globe supporting actress nominee has missed which bodes very well for 2 time Emmy winner and 5 time nominee Cynthia Nixon’s chances. Like the supporting actor category, performers who fit none of these criteria but were only nominated at Critics Choice tend to perform poorly (e.g. Cynthia Erivo, Audra McDonald, Helen McRory, Margo Martindale etc). The only exception to this being Constance Zimmer who won at Critics Choice and was in a show that was a Program of the Year nominee at TCA (every POTY nominee there since 2014 has gotten at least one actor nominated at the Emmys even including The Leftovers).

This category is arguably “the drama series bellwether category” lmao. Since 2015 each drama series winner has landed at least one supporting actress nomination (Succession 1, GoT 4 in 2019, GoT 1 in 2018, THT 2 in 2017, GoT 3 in 2016 and GoT 2 in 2015). The fact The Crown s2 got Kirby in probably says how close it was to winning drama series (along with its actress, directing and casting wins) and the fact Stranger Things missed for Ryder and Ozark missed for McTeer probably says how far off both of them were from winning drama series.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

When a 2nd bridgerton brother happens 💀

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

Paulson should submit I don’t know, barely remember anything from Ratched, but I guess “The Dance” is okay. 

I think she should submit the episode Got No Strings (6) which has the puppet show. it’s a very good acting

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

I finished the final season of Pose, and it was definitely the best season, even with some temporal defects and lack of time for some characters (Lulu and Angel), it really deserves some nominations, Rodriguez gave a beautiful performance at the end, Porter dominated the season but I don’t see winning again, but Mother Elektra (Jackson) deserves the nomination, too bad she has to compete with Gillian Anderson

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Rodriguez gave a beautiful performance at the end, Porter dominated the season but I don’t see winning again,

I would really like to see MJ get a nom this year she’s been consistent for so long.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

I think Moss should go with either ‘Home’ or ‘Testimony’. Leaning more towards the latter.

I agree. Considering she submitted Testimony for directing I can see her submitting it for acting as well. However, imo, she should submit Home because it shows more range and is my personal favorite performance from her this season. That being said, Vows would be an excellent submission too because THAT one scene alone towards the end is enough in my books for her to win (not saying she will though).

I can’t wait for Olivia Colman to submit a random episode again. Watch how she submits something like “The Balmoral Test” or “The Hereditary Principle” lmao.

Not The Balmoral Principle please Olivia 💀💀. Anything other than 1,2,6, and 9 please.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I agree. Considering she submitted Testimony for directing I can see her submitting it for acting as well. However, imo, she should submit Home because it shows more range and is my personal favorite performance from her this season

I am a big Moss apologist who watches most of her interviews and they’ve been heavily slanted towards talking about directing (generally, but also herself). There’s more narrative around her being submitted for Testimony, I think.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just saw episode 1 of The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 and I already want Moss and Grace to get nominated.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

As they should

Anthony Anderson steals Emmy

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I just saw episode 1 of The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 and I already want Moss and Grace to get nominated.

Lollll, then you aren’t prepared for what Moss is about to deliver. The premiere is NOTHING compared to the rest of the season. Also, take an antidepressant before episode 3; it’s prob better.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.