Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, take an antidepressant before episode 3; it’s prob better.

💀💀💀

Lollll, then you aren’t prepared for what Moss is about to deliver. The premiere is NOTHING compared to the rest of the season.

I’m so excited! It’s such a shame that it’s airing here weekly lmao. I mean it always does but we usually tend to be behind the show’s US airing by one or two weeks not ten lol 💀💀💀.

Season 3 was not the last thing I saw Moss in before this season started and honestly it feels so good to see an actor grow in their craft? Moss obviously was excellent last season and she’s one of the most versatile performers and most skilful performers today but I caught up with Top of the Lake and saw Shirley last year (both excellent win worthy performances from Moss) and seeing someone constantly challenge themselves to strengthen their craft feels so satisfying.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson is doing Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson is doing Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow

Me: I feel more and more confident in my predicted line-up of Aduba, Colman, Corrin, Moore, Moss and Rodriguez!

Sarah Paulson:

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Mandy Moore is the one who would likely miss of that lineup. Then again, I am still not convinced that Ratched will be embraced. The actress race is so weird.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anything other than 1,2,6, and 9 please.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

When she submits “Fairytale.” 💀💀

Her Fleabag ep submission is still the funniest thing ever.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I remember it was so weird lmao. Why would you submit a tape where you had like one line of dialogue lol? People thought she wanted Alex Borstein to win hehe.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

When she submits “Fairytale.” 💀 Her Fleabag ep submission is still the funniest thing ever.

Josh and Olivia has a pretty decent scene in Fairytale. Wouldn’t be the worst choice imo. I’d say submitting Terra Nulius would be the worst case scenario. She has very little to do in that episode (save for the final bit with Diana- unless I’m getting my episodes mixed)..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The worst choice for Olivia imo would be The Hereditary Principle. Isn’t her only purpose in the episode to help HBC to find a book lmao?

It’s so weird that she’s so bad at submitting tapes considering how she’s won three BAFTA TV awards under a tape system lmao.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m sure Olivia will submit one of her better eps this year. I would argue that she didn’t really have a proper tape in S3, but she has quite a few in S4. What is interesting, though, is that she has completely taken a back seat to Emma Corrin in terms of buzz and publicity. I sometimes forget she’s in the running. Just me?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sure Olivia will submit one of her better eps this year. I would argue that she didn’t really have a proper tape in S3, but she has quite a few in S4. What is interesting, though, is that she has completely taken a back seat to Emma Corrin in terms of buzz and publicity. I sometimes forget she’s in the running. Just me?

When the season premiered it felt like there was a lot of buzz for Anderson, Colman and Corrin (and each of them seemed to have “buzzy tapes” with “The Balmoral Test”/”48:1″/”War”, “Fagan” and “Fairytale”/”Terra Nullius”) and that seemed to be what Netflix was initially pushing for in their marketing of the show. But I feel like since Corrin and O’Connor have moved up to lead that the narrative has shifted and Netflix have been focusing on Anderson, Corrin and O’Connor being the MVPs of the season and trying to ensure them wins whilst also getting Fennell and Menzies etc nominations. Bonham Carter and Colman feel like they’ve fallen into the wayside completely in buzz and campaigning which is ironic because they were the two big “pushes” for the show last season lol.

I also think part of it has to do with the fact that Colman seems to be a bit like Frances McDormand in the sense that she doesn’t really seem to like campaigning at all or even care about the awards process at all and seems to enjoy seeing newcomers receive well deserved recognition. Which is something I actually respect quite a bit lol.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, that definitely sums it up pretty well. It’s quite surprising — and also not — that things can change so quickly from one season to the next.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess it’s not Peter Morgan’s fault that history wrote itself lol. I anticipate a similar thing will happen with the next cast but almost in reverse (Debicki will have the bulk of the buzz and attention for season 5 but Manville, Scott and Staunton will receive more attention for season 6).

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I also think part of it has to do with the fact that Colman seems to be a bit like Frances McDormand in the sense that she doesn’t really seem to like campaigning at all or even care about the awards process at all and seems to enjoy seeing newcomers and rising stars receive well deserved recognition. Which is something I actually respect quite a bit lol

Colman sort of strikes me as someone who is happy to help a show or production meet it’s awards goals but now has an Oscar and is not that fussed if she wins or not

Corrin’s had publicity from before the jump. If you go back and look she’s had about four UK magazine covers – including Vogue, I think – before her season even started. I struggle to think when I have seen that before for a newcomer.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

It’s a real shame because Olivia should be winning this year, I thought she was outstanding this season. Corrin was amazing too, but she’s not a lead, and shouldn’t be winning the lead emmy over Colman.

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.