Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I struggle to think when I have seen that before for a newcomer.

In all fairness she is giving the definitive Diana performance. It’s not often we get to see such a role played by seasoned performers never mind newcomers.  Usually newcomers tend to attract attention after or when the show is being seen not before. Killing Eve was the Sandra Oh show right up until the second season when Comer started attracting a lot of visibility and buzz bolstered by her BAFTA win and voters catching up on the show (although I wouldn’t classify Comer as a “newcomer” as such.)

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It’s a real shame because Olivia should be winning this year, I thought she was outstanding this season. Corrin was amazing too, but she’s not a lead, and shouldn’t be winning the lead emmy over Colman.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I’ve just joined The Handmaids Tale club, binged Season 1 last week and just started Season 2. Absolutely loving it. Not sure how fast i’m gonna watch the rest though as my baby boy was born 2 days ago (and i got 2 hours sleep last night lol).

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories

Mare of Easttown, Kate Winslet & Julianne Nicholson

IMDY!

Ted Lasso and The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Elisabeth Moss & OT Fagbenle

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’ve just joined The Handmaids Tale club, binged Season 1 last week and just started Season 2. Absolutely loving it. Not sure how fast i’m gonna watch the rest though as my baby boy was born 2 days ago (and i got 2 hours sleep last night lol).

OMG, finally!! Praise be! Lizzie Moss will blow your socks off in S4! And congratulations!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not sure how fast i’m gonna watch the rest though as my baby boy was born 2 days ago (and i got 2 hours sleep last night lol).

Congratulations!

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

In all fairness she is giving the definitive Diana performance.

I don’t disagree on her performance. But it was pretty boldly confident campaigning straight away by Netflix/publicists. I guess if you’re confident if you’ve got something, why  not? It’s worked.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ScottFeinberg/status/1407060123164581889

Bridgerton coming to collect it’s Best Drama Series

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Why is anyone acting like this would cause voters not to vote for The Crown?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Uff. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jun/21/bafta-winning-tv-firm-accused-of-mishandling-sexual-assault-complaint-left-bank-pictures

You know I want to scream at a wall and say how disgusting it is to hear that these types of incidents are still occurring within the industry but the upsetting truth is that the fact we’re hearing these stories shows that nothing has really changed at all. And I’m sceptical around whether much needed change will be made following this and other similar incidents in the industry recently making headlines in the UK. Sure MeToo has increased awareness around sexual misconduct and systemic abuse within the industry but it ultimately hasn’t stopped these deplorable behaviours nor has it ensured a safe working environment for creatives. It’s quite disturbing really.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Why is anyone acting like this would cause voters not to vote for The Crown?

It won’t, but we always share this type of stuff here.

Profile picture
    gardenia
    Topics:

I still have to watch the finale of The Handmaid’s Tale S4 but am I the only one who just does not understand the hype behind this season at all? I loved S1 and S2, and even though I didn’t love S3 I still enjoyed it and thought it kept getting better as it went on, with the finale being my fav of the season and giving me hope for the next. While I enjoyed “Pigs” and “Nightshade,” and thought the season reached its peak with “The Crossing,” since then it has just gotten progressively worse and worse. I’m honestly just hoping this show ends soon, it really feels like they have run out of material and I have to say S4 is my least favorite by far. I would say I am still rooting for Wiley, Grace, Fagbenle, and Brugel to get nominated (the last two are far overdue). I wouldn’t be mad with Moss,  Strahovski, Dowd, Bledel, and Brewer nominations since I’ve loved their work across the show, but I just don’t feel the passion this time around. As for Fiennes and Whitford, it would honestly be appalling at this point 💀. Maybe the finale will change my opinion on certain performances, but I just don’t see myself rooting for THT anymore. I think it’s time for it to finish its run and let newer, better shows take its place in the awards conversation.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You’re def the first person I’ve seem who likes the first few eps of this season more than the ensuing ones. Interesting take for sure!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I still have to watch the finale of The Handmaid’s Tale S4 but am I the only one who just does not understand the hype behind this season at all? I loved S1 and S2, and even though I didn’t love S3 I still enjoyed it and thought it kept getting better as it went on, with the finale being my fav of the season and giving me hope for the next. While I enjoyed “Pigs” and “Nightshade,” and thought the season reached its peak with “The Crossing,” since then it has just gotten progressively worse and worse. I’m honestly just hoping this show ends soon, it really feels like they have run out of material and I have to say S4 is my least favorite by far. I would say I am still rooting for Wiley, Grace, Fagbenle, and Brugel to get nominated (the last two are far overdue). I wouldn’t be mad with Moss, Strahovski, Dowd, Bledel, and Brewer nominations since I’ve loved their work across the show, but I just don’t feel the passion this time around. As for Fiennes and Whitford, it would honestly be appalling at this point 💀. Maybe the finale will change my opinion on certain performances, but I just don’t see myself rooting for THT anymore. I think it’s time for it to finish its run and let newer, better shows take its place in the awards conversation.

It was it’s weakest season overall indeed, the only thing that’s hanging the show on are the performances. The writing is all over the place, I felt like the finale was a total fan service and non realistic plot and the show for me is a parody of what it once was.

I would say it’s reaching Homeland levels but Homeland was never this weak.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Weakest season? What were y’all watching? 💀

JK. It’s just the first time I hear that.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.