Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s also funny seeing GD all of a sudden treat BAFTA as a relevant precursor.

It’s why Josh O’Connor got nominated for supporting actor last year wbk.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

It’s also funny seeing GD all of a sudden treat BAFTA as a relevant precursor. Poor Corrin and Anderson I guess lol.

Charlie Cooper coming to stomp all over Sudeikis

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I really do think Corrin is like a 90% lock for the win. Even MJ, if nominated, would have a tremendous uphill climb.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I really do think Corrin is like a 90% lock for the win. Even MJ, if nominated, would have a tremendous uphill climb.

My heart says MJ but my head says Corrin.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

You know someone’s arguing just for the sake of it when they claim Zendaya or Comer had more awards success than Corrin. It’s just a waste of time to put energy in a conversation like that. It’s also funny seeing GD all of a sudden treat BAFTA as a relevant precursor. Poor Corrin and Anderson I guess lol.

This is so funny tbh. Zendaya literally only has an Emmy and that Satellite award, that no one gives a damn. She wasn’t even nominated for either a GG or SAG. And Comer only has the Emmy and BAFTA. I mean, Corrin won both GG and CC and was nominated for both SAG and Satellite (if that counts). And in September, she’ll more than likely win the Emmy, so I really don’t see how the other two have more awards success. That argument was really random and just clueless.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

This is so funny tbh. Zendaya literally only has an Emmy and that Satellite award, that no one gives a damn. She wasn’t even nominated for either a GG or SAG. And Comer only has the Emmy and BAFTA. I mean, Corrin won both GG and CC and was nominated for both SAG and Satellite (if that counts). And in September, she’ll more than likely win the Emmy, so I really don’t see how the other two have more awards success. That argument was really random and just clueless.

No, it was not, you all choose to focus on what is serving to your narrative. I explained in a difference sentence that Zendaya had other pros versus Corrin outside of awards success like screen time, but you cannot say anything solid to that, right? I included her in that specific sentence by mistake. Comer does have a better awards track so far since I am pretty sure Corrin is gonna miss TCA, if she makes it there, I will see her as a real force.

And I brought Bafta only because Wolfali and I were talking about passion. And yes, I think that Corrin lacks the passion Comer and Foy had, and her Bafta snub is one of many proofs of my words, not my only argument.

Even after all that, I said that Corrin might still win and that I may predict her, so why is all the fuss?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Corrin already has a Globe, a Critics Choice and a solo SAG nomination, Zendaya didn’t manage to get any of that for Euphoria, only a Critica Choice nod and that’s it, she missed SAG twice now.

To say Zendaya had more award success going into the Emmys is just false, I’d argue Comer didn’t have that much of an advantage on Corrin either but that’s another thing.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I would argue Comer had more passion but Corrin has had a much better precursors run and clearer path to victory (which is also helped because she plays Diana).

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Corrin already has a Globe, a Critics Choice and a solo SAG nomination, Zendaya didn’t manage to get any of that for Euphoria, only a Critica Choice nod and that’s it, she missed SAG twice now.

Correct, and I already clarified that literally 3 times. Still, Zendaya had plenty of other advantages.

Zendaya had 3 very strong tapes, but she also had a lot of screen time in the rest of the episodes even when they were about other characters, she was the lead in all of them, 8 out of 8, it is more, she won the Emmy for an episode focused on Barbie Ferreira’s Kat.

Corrin has screen time in 5 out of 10 episodes, if we are being generous. She is a lead in only 3 episodes and this is a fact. She is supporting in 2. And she is non-existing in 5.

Zendaya also had the versatility narrative, which Corrin does not have. And a much bigger passions among the fandom.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

No, it was not, you all choose to focus on what is serving to your narrative. I explained in a difference sentence that Zendaya had other pros versus Corrin outside of awards success like screen time, but you cannot say anything solid to that, right? I included her in that specific sentence by mistake. Comer does have a better awards track so far since I am pretty sure Corrin is gonna miss TCA, if she makes it there, I will see her as a real force.

And I brought Bafta only because Wolfali and I were talking about passion. And yes, I think that Corrin lacks the passion Comer and Foy had, and her Bafta snub is one of many proofs of my words, not my only argument.

Even after all that, I said that Corrin might still win and that I may predict her, so why is all the fuss?

When she won the Emmy, Comer didn’t have neither a GG or SAG noms. She literally only had a BAFTA, two TCA noms and a CC nom. I really don’t see how thats a better awards success than someone going into the Emmys with GG and CC wins and a SAG nom. And please, you’re putting way too much attention on TCA. They might indicate how much passion you have but they mean zero to the Emmys. 3 of their 7 Drama individual nominees, last year, literally failed to get nominated. I do agree completely that Comer had more passion, but I completely disagree that she had more awards success.

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

How much of a role would outside pressure have on the race if Rodriguez got in (ie. regarding the historic nature of her nomination and how the public responds to it)?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

How much of a role would outside pressure have on the race if Rodriguez got in (ie. regarding the historic nature of her nomination and how the public responds to it)?

I have no idea, but you can bet there will be pressure
    GLAAD will probably threat voters with a knife, as they should

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

So Zendaya, Hunter Schafer and Colman Domingo aren’t eligible, but Laura Weedman was ? I saw her name on the ballot for Guest Actress.

One day I’ll fully understand all these Emmy rules.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So Zendaya, Hunter Schafer and Colman Domingo aren’t eligible, but Laura Weedman was ? I saw her name on the ballot for Guest Actress. One day I’ll fully understand all these Emmy rules.

The academy haa classified the Euphoria specials as “hanging episodes” like they did with The Handmaid’s Tale season 2 which I personally find to be a wrongful definition of these episodes considering they were ordered long after the show’s first season finished AIRING.

But yeah because of that those who are regular cast members are ineligible whilst those who are guest stars aren’t. A bit like how Bradley Whitford was eligible for The Handmaid’s Tale in guest (in spite of appearing in 2 out of 3 of the show’s hanging episodes lmao) whilst Alexis Bledel wasn’t.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

So Zendaya, Hunter Schafer and Colman Domingo aren’t eligible, but Laura Weedman was ? I saw her name on the ballot for Guest Actress.

One day I’ll fully understand all these Emmy rules.

The Euphoria specials are being counted as hanging episodes, just like The Handmaid’s Tale in 2019, which means that they consider guest actors people who were in less than a half of the episodes of the full season (the 8 episodes of S1 + 2 specials).

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.