Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hunter Schafer is coming for her writing nod
    First trans woman to be nominated for writing lets go.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Euphoria specials are being counted as hanging episodes, just like The Handmaid’s Tale in 2019, which means that they consider guest actors people who were in less than a half of the episodes of the full season (the 8 episodes of S1 + 2 specials).

Which is still so weird to me since those specials weren’t part of S1, or even ordered as part S1. (Literally it even announced until a year after S1 finished airing).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I feel like Pedro Pascal will sneak in and i will laugh my ass of by how sick that is going to be.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I feel like Pedro Pascal will sneak in and i will laugh my ass of by how sick that is going to be.

Comic Book Fans: Where the F*ck is Starr…

Star Wars Fanboys/girls: YESS!! Star Wars is BACK!! After the bad movies TLJ and TROS.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Comic Book Fans: Where the F*ck is Starr…

Star Wars Fanboys/girls: YESS!! Star Wars is BACK!! After the bad movies TLJ and TROS.

Comic book fans would be right
    Starr >

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Comic book fans would be right Starr >

He is for my nr 1 for Goldderby TV Award Lead Actor

Billy Porter nr 2

Rege Jean-Page place 3.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

OTE

I wish he was elligible for Voice-Over, because I think he genuinely gives a good performance with only his voice, but he also appears in the series…

Mando really is a weird character to award huh

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Starr is phenomenal but sadly it’s not happening.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Starr is phenomenal but sadly it’s not happening.

We never know…

But yeah, I’m only predicting him and Cash because I just dgaf anymore, Drama is depressing.

Cash should really get in though, she>>>>>>>>>Moore’s cameo this season and whatever Dynevor was doing in Bridgerton

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I never say never with the Emmys unless it’s something completely, 100% out of line. They every year never fail to surprise me so y’all, don’t discard anyone, especially if this person is in a likely series nominee.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

I think too much encouraging of  Comic/Superhero genre Seris in emmy’s might actually decreases the quality of the awards. I mean a few phenomenal seris might work but should be limited to creative emmy’s or at least a straight seris nomination(if craft is really good). Cuz in the upcoming years I feel this genre not only breaks in all (comedy/drama/limited) categories, but actually dominates (due to the fanbase). While it might end up like CC Super Awards. What say???

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think too much encouraging of Comic/Superhero genre Seris in emmy’s might actually decreases the quality of the awards. I mean a few phenomenal seris might work but should be limited to creative emmy’s or at least a straight seris nomination(if craft is really good). Cuz in the upcoming years I feel this genre not only breaks in all (comedy/drama/limited) categories, but actually dominates (due to the fanbase). While it might end up like CC Super Awards. What say???

If a show is deserving of nominations, it deserves those nominations, regardless of genre. If it isn’t deserving, it doesn’t deserve them, regardless of genre.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Sure, but Majors and Mosaku missing would be a pretty major underperformance.

I really don’t see Mosaku missing when she’s also on Loki in the airing period.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I think too much encouraging of  Comic/Superhero genre Seris in emmy’s might actually decreases the quality of the awards. I mean a few phenomenal seris might work but should be limited to creative emmy’s or at least a straight seris nomination(if craft is really good). Cuz in the upcoming years I feel this genre not only breaks in all (comedy/drama/limited) categories, but actually dominates (due to the fanbase). While it might end up like CC Super Awards. What say???

I think there is a distinct possibility of genre (fantasy, superhero, comic book, sci fi) overall dominating, but I don’t necessarily think superhero shows will in particular. They skew too young overall (Disney has the youngest viewership of all the streamers).

In my ideal headcanon I would just expand out the number of show categories to something like this:

Best Episodic Drama

Best Serialised Drama

Best Genre Show

Best Comedy

Best Limited Series (with stronger criteria)

Best Non-Theatrical Movie Release

…though not necessarily the acting categories. The whole TV landscape has changed since the Emmys were incepted. I do think the almost complete exclusion of episodic is a shame. It is completely different skillset to create 20+ episodes a season than to do six episodes in nine months or something.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think there is a distinct possibility of genre (fantasy, superhero, comic book, sci fi) overall dominating, but I don’t necessarily think superhero shows will in particular. They skew too young overall (Disney has the youngest viewership of all the streamers). In my ideal headcanon I would just expand out the number of show categories to something like this: Best Episodic Drama Best Serialised Drama Best Genre Show Best Comedy Best Limited Series (with stronger criteria) Best Non-Theatrical Movie Release …though not necessarily the acting categories. The whole TV landscape has changed since the Emmys were incepted.

Why should genre shows be separate?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.