Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Paola Andrade
    Topics:

A bunch of people just got added to supporting actor and still no Michael Dorman, the disrespect!

In all honestly, is there a reason for this? He has been mentioned and requested multiple times on this forum, I know at least Chris skims through the comments, and yesterday we got confirmation he is indeed eligible, so what’s the hold up? One more name couldn’t possibly hurt anyone. For all mankind as a whole keeps being left out (no one has been added in supporting actress either), even though it’s been rising up in the Best Drama category. Meanwhile things with zero traction like The Bite appear in almost every acting category…it’s just a bit frustrating. What am I missing here? Why the lack of love?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Moss isn’t win competitive this year, even most of the stans are saying that. Deserving or not the buzz is just not there. It’s like when people rallied for Claire Danes in later seasons of Homeland. I’m sure Moss will get in but the show isn’t winning a main ceremony award any time soon, they’ve hopped off the train. Like I’ve said I think Corrin’s big threat is if Rodriguez gets the nomination.

The buzz is there, actually. It’s just that the TV academy rarely — very rarely — goes back to the well, especially if there’s a gap between your last win and your potential succeeding one. I also have no idea whether voters have watched S4 of THT, unfortunately. All of that makes it pretty easy to say that she is very likely not winning. But to say she has no buzz is just incorrect. Everyone who actually watched S4 agrees that this was her best season, which is saying a lot.

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

The buzz is there, actually. It’s just that the TV academy rarely — very rarely — goes back to the well, especially if there’s gap between your last win and your potential succeeding one. I also have no idea whether voters have watched S4 of THT, unfortunately. All of that makes it pretty easy to say that she is very likely not winning. But to say she has no buzz is just incorrect.

I agree with you 100% …Adding to that I think voters will have watched it…It has been no.2 on Nielsen Series Viewership ratings for the past 2 weeks and in the top 10 since episode 2..

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Predicting Euphoria in writing and directing cause why the hell not.

I’m low-key expecting Euphoria to be another THT 2019 and quietly rack those noms (I’ve currently got it at 7 noms, spoilers in two more).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I agree with you 100% …Adding to that I think voters will have watched it…It has been no.2 on Nielsen Series Viewership ratings for the past 2 weeks and in the top 10 since episode 2..

That’s true, but are Emmy voters among those people? I don’t know. :/ After last year’s mess, I am just preparing myself for something weird to happen again.

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

At the Emmys, I think Corrin already has the Emmy in her hands, but at the Gold Derby Awards Moss has my vote.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

I like almost every character on Succession to varying degrees EXCEPT Kendall lol, but I know I’m in the minority there. Shiv and Tom forever! (Separately lol)

Yesssss!! I just found Kendall tooo annoying in season 2. Like even when he wasn’t doing anything, he really got on my nerves. I just can’t put my finger on the reason. Shiv is literally my favourite character. Even when she made the wrong choices, I found myself rooting for her all the way along.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

A bunch of people just got added to supporting actor and still no Michael Dorman, the disrespect!

In all honestly, is there a reason for this? He has been mentioned and requested multiple times on this forum, I know at least Chris skims through the comments, and yesterday we got confirmation he is indeed eligible, so what’s the hold up? One more name couldn’t possibly hurt anyone. For all mankind as a whole keeps being left out (no one has been added in supporting actress either), even though it’s been rising up in the Best Drama category. Meanwhile things with zero traction like The Bite appear in almost every acting category…it’s just a bit frustrating. What am I missing here? Why the lack of love?

Also, no Isla Johnston, from the Limited Series frontrunner. Netflix said 3 months ago that she would be submitted and now she’s on the ballot. A bunch of people from shows that I’ve never heard of have been added before her.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

At the Emmys, I think Corrin already has the Emmy in her hands, but at the Gold Derby Awards Moss has my vote.

We’ll be campaigning hard for Moss.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Also, no Isla Johnston, from the Limited Series frontrunner. Netflix said 3 months ago that she would be submitted and now she’s on the ballot. A bunch of people from shows that I’ve never heard of have been added before her.

I think Johnston is such a good young actress but has she done any publicity or promo at all compared to previous young performers that got nominated? I think I’ve seen her in a commercial since (and she’s in an upcoming Apple show) and that’s it.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

No love for Roman Roy?

Anyways adding to the unlikable character/antagonist thing: It’s acting. They’re fictional characters. If the actors play a villain so you root against them they are doing a good job.

Ann Dowd, Alexander Skarsgard etc. won for awful characters because they did a good job portraying them. Supporting their great acting doesn’t mean you support what their characters do lol

I’d vote for Josh O’Connor any day. Especially if you saw Season 3 as well. The transformation. 2 versions of the same character both done perfectly.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Johnston is such a good young actress but has she done any publicity or promo at all compared to previous young performers that got nominated? I think I’ve seen her in a commercial since (and she’s in an upcoming Apple show) and that’s it.

She’s in the Series frontrunner, a juggernaut that won literally everywhere. If the Academy goes all in on the show it’s not impossible for her to coattail considering she played Beth Harmon in two episodes. It could be like Jovan Adepo/Louis Gossett Jr.

I’m not 100% sure it’s going to happen, but she has more chance than some random actors from Them or flops like Coastal Elites. Netflix submitted her and announced in advance, and she still hasn’t been added.

This is not the thread to discuss this anyway.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

There isn’t really any logic in predicting Hartley to get nominated after all those snubs, but I’m still doing it. I would argue his category is even weaker than the one in 2019 (I mean most of us are doing 2 actors for in treatment when that’s completely buzzless and ITH tanked, so I’m not sure how high that goodwill for Ramos is) and there isn’t really a show like GoT that can take multiple slots here (The Crown can do it in Supporting Actress but not here). So I don’t see Hartley being less likely than Fagbenle for example. I also think Kevin has become most people’s favorite character (or at least close to that) and that wasn’t really the case for s3 so that could help. But I also wouldn’t surprised if Dunne happens over him, he is a respected veteran and had a baity centric episode (it’s also a character they somehow like considering Angarano guest nom in 2019). It would be sad though if Susan Kelechi Watson really becomes the only cast member without a nomination, unless…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know whether the In Treatment supporting actors are happening. What even is there going in their favour anymore?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I don’t know whether the In Treatment supporting actors are happening. What even is there going in their favour anymore?

Baity material and a pretty empty field. I guess their competition is mostly Fagbenle and Hartley at this point?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.