Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Watched the fourth episode of Pose last night. Porter is winning the Emmy.

And you haven’t even seen the finale…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think he is winning again too but I’m waiting for the noms to be sure.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think he is winning again too but I’m waiting for the noms to be sure.

Well, he’s not getting snubbed.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Well, he’s not getting snubbed.

Of course not, but I think his chances of winning increase if MJ and/or Dominique also get in this time around. It would demonstrate voters did care about Pose.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

He is incredible but I just don’t see a swelling of support for him. He feels like a default frontrunner rather than an actual one. And those have always lost in recent years.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Of course not, but I think his chances of winning increase if MJ and/or Dominique also get in this time around. It would demonstrate voters did care about Pose.

I agree with this. My prediction is not only based on Porter’s performance-of-the-year work but also upon my assumption that Rodriguez is finally making it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am sorry, I read “nom” not “noms.” I thought you were talking only about him.💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Porter is incredible on Pose (haven’t seen season 3 yet though) but I’m still not entirely convinced that if Rodriguez makes it in (which I am predicting) that he wins. Just last year Ted Danson and Ramy Youssef were both touted as upsets because of the passion for their work in a race with a default frontrunner and because both their shows performed well in acting nominations but both still lost to Eugene Levy with a last chance narrative in the comedy series of the year.

Granted Josh O’Connor isn’t an overdue veteran like Eugene Levy was but he did win at both the Globes and Critics Choice and still got in at SAG whilst Levy failed to break in for the fifth season of Schitt’s when O’Hara broke in and the show got nominated in ensemble. Likewise he also has a last chance narrative. He’s not a “frontrunner by default” when he arguably overcame tougher competition at the winter awards.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Dominique Jackson

Winners

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Would it be completely unreasonable to consider Elliot Page as potential for Best Actor? Page has had a newsworthy year, is a former Oscar nominee and is next to Rege-Jean Page on the ballot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Would it be completely unreasonable to consider Elliot Page as potential for Best Actor? Page has had a newsworthy year, is a former Oscar nominee and is next to Rege-Jean Page on the ballot.

The Umbrella Academy isn’t exactly a prestigious show and Netflix aren’t campaigning for it actively so I doubt they happen.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I love Porter and he is miles ahead of O’Connor to me but i did hate how they focused on him soooooo much on Prey Tell on the last season and not enough on the others.
    You have a full ensemble of beautiful trans women and the cis man gets the most material? He was more shown than Blanca and Elektra. Hated that Lulu for example, got like 5 minutes to develop her character and Prey Tell got 7 episodes.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That’s one of my main complaints about the final season and I’m glad someone agrees. That said, Billy knocked it out of the park like never before.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’ve said this before, but again

Lead Actors who won multiple times for the same role this century

James Gandolfini – Sopranos (2000, 2001 and 2003)
    James Spader – Practice/Boston Legal (2004, 2005 and 2007)
    Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2014)

All of them for multiple winners/nominees in Drama Series. Boston Legal was nominated only once for Series, but it was an spin off of Practice, one of the favorite shows of the Academy.

If Sterling K. Brown couldn’t do it for a stronger show with actors, I doubt Porter wins again.

Josh O’Connor has this in the bag. Not just because the show is winning Series and his performance was stellar, but also because he’s a rising star who will get Oscars nominations in the next 3/4 years.
    The only competition for him IMO would be Starr if he gets nominated, because it would be a sign of strength and passion getting nominated for a genre show in which he plays a maniac. I don’t think he is getting nominated, so Josh O’Connor will probably win by a landslide.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.