Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05

Episode 5 of The Queen’s Gambit should be their editing submission for sure.

The chaotic editing from Moulin Rouge!

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m so rooting for Anya to win the Globe and SAG (with Blanchett as my second push, Coel as my third and Strahovski as my fourth). She was phenomenal in The Queen’s Gambit and I had seen her in Emma but I didn’t know she was that good an actress so she caught me off guard.

Vis a vis The Undoing I think Grant and Sutherland (based on what we’ve heard about The Undoing) should be safe unless the show has a polarising finale because I feel like I’ve literally listed all the potential contenders (and even then something like Mare of Easttown could easily be delayed if there’s another lockdown like The Undoing was) in both categories and both seem to have received great reviews. Kidman on the other hand is an interesting one and I think depends on the finale. If the finale takes people by surprise and somehow the season moves up in acclaim (it really could go either way with something like this) either from audiences or critics then I’d say her chances are improved but that category is stacked af. I’m pretty certain that Apple will have Lisey’s Story even if FX doesn’t have <i>Impeachment </i>and NatGeo doesn’t have Genius (with the amount of times this show keeps shutting down and the rising French cases this could easily miss now). I also think Hulu will have The Dropout (it only was scheduled to have a two month shoot before the pandemic and they like having Spring shows so I imagine this and not Nine Perfect Strangers will be their big push) and Netflix will have <i>Inventing Anna</i>.

Point being whilst I think The Undoing is going to do better at the winter awards than people think because I have a feeling it will be an audience hit considering how much HBO is already pushing it internationally I think whilst it will do well at the Emmys à la The Morning Show it is in danger when it comes to its female lead. Same with The Queen’s Gambit and I May Destroy You which at the moment seem like the two likeliest Autumn contenders to have their actresses snatch the Globe but could easily get their shows in across the board and miss for their Leads.

In fact if there isn’t another lockdown we could literally have a lineup of Feldstein, Garner, McKinnon, Moore, Erivo and potentially one of Winslet or Chastain (one of them will miss because Landscapers has now been delayed by HBO to Spring 2022).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I doubt Scenes From A Marriage will be eligible for this year if it has just changed leads (meaning production is still a way off). It’s a prestige series with a baity premise and Chastain is a high profile actress, they will want to save her for next season when they can milk the project for what it’s worth anyway.

rubbish

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt Scenes From A Marriage will be eligible for this year if it has just changed leads (meaning production is still a way off). It’s a prestige series with a baity premise and Chastain is a high profile actress, they will want to save her for next season when they can milk the project for what it’s worth anyway.

Well it’s set to start production next month and unlike other HBO projects (The Gilded Age, The Nevers) it’s easier to film.

But I agree. I can see both this and <i>Mare of Easttown </i>move if we have another lockdown (like how The Third Day and The Undoing moved) because HBO already have two high profile series they can push anyway.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I also think Scenes From A Marriage will be for next year. They may even save Mare of Easton for summer or fall.

Predicted noms for The Queen’s Gambit:

Series
    Actress
    Writing
    Directing
    Picture Editing
    Casting
    Score
    Visual Effects (in a Supporting Role?)
    Costumes
    Cinematography
    P. Design
    Hairstyling (!!!!!!!!)
    Make-Up (Non-Prosthetic)
    Sound Editing

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Visual Effects (in a Supporting Role?)

Yep it’s definitely eligible there.

I’m predicting it right now for the following:

Series
    Actress
    S. Actor
    S. Actress
    Writing
    Directing
    Casting
    Cinematography (should win tbh)
    Music Composition
    Supporting VFX
    Period Costumes
    Period/Character Hairstyling
    Period/Character Makeup
    Sound Editing

No Picture-Editing? Episode 5 had fantastic editing.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Genius could miss the winter awards but I don’t think it will miss the Emmys tho, it should be ready by spring.

And if JHud goes big with her Aretha, then Erivo could gain some buzz on her own Aretha for this category, and I’m sure she is doing amazing.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Yep it’s definitely eligible there. I’m predicting it right now for the following: Series Actress S. Actor S. Actress Writing Directing Casting Cinematography (should win tbh) Music Composition Supporting VFX Period Costumes Period/Character Hairstyling Period/Character Makeup Sound Editing

Who are you predicting for S. Actor for The Queen’s Gambit? Cowboy Newt?

rubbish

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

HBO is really pushing The Undoing, here in Brazil they are advertising literally everywhere, and it’s not even the target market.

Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

I’m fine with Beanie sweeping the season for Impeachment. Homegirl will get what she deserves.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

It’d be iconic if 3/5 of the TV sweeps came from ACS (Paulson, Criss & Feldstein)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No Picture-Editing? Episode 5 had fantastic editing.

Okay I just saw episode 5 and I have to agree with you know. So far out of the Limited Series that have aired I’d say it would be winning Editing.

Who are you predicting for S. Actor for The Queen’s Gambit? Cowboy Newt?

Well I was predicting Camp but I have to say that I got to episode 5 and I’m questioning my own prediction of Heller. It isn’t just a Taylor-Joy vehicle but the supporting cast appear in some episodes and have lots of material in them and then disappear in others.

After seeing episode 5 I’m slotting Sangster in instead. If The Queen’s Gambit survives till the Emmys (which I think it and The Undoing might) the fact he’s a fairly well known face (just to clarify because people get confused I’m not saying he’s an A lister lol) and he’s playing an against the type role (he’s more known for his performances in The Maze Runner and Love, Actually) will help him more than previous nominee Bill Camp.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBO is really pushing The Undoing, here in Brazil they are advertising literally everywhere, and it’s not even the target market.

I agree. I think we’re underestimating it a LOT. Of course you might argue it’s different here in the UK because of Grant but it’s being pushed more than Big <i>Little Lies </i>was ever pushed here and is being pushed on the same level The Crown is right now imo (Grant and Kidman are doing the same interviews as Corrin and Anderson!) and the same level A Very English Scandal was pushed.

I think it’s locked for those three Globe noms and Kidman and/or Grant might surprise with a win at SAG.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.