Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I still think it’s early and things might change a lot, but for now

Actress

1. Globes – Taylor-Joy (Blanchett)
    2. Critics – Coel (Anya)
    3. SAG – Kidman (Erivo, if she makes in time, if not then Blanchett)

Actor

1. Globes – Ruffalo (Hawke)
    2. Critics – Hawke (Grant)
    3. SAG – Grant (Ruffalo)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Undoing has now gone from 66% on Rotten Tomatoes (critics score) to 73%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_undoing/s01

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just watched the first episode of The Undoing and it was good, it was not perfect but I can easily see it being a crowd pleasure and the awards pushing it, similar to the Euphoria situation.

Nicole was a tour de force, and Grant is supporting right? Because of what happened this episode I don’t think he will be present all the time.l, and I’m excited to see more Sutherland.

Also, I just seen this and the ratings of the show topped the Lovecraft Country premiere

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-undoing-premiere-tv-ratings-1234815932/

In another note, the Latino detective was such an eye candy HAHA, and again, I’m sorry for my English, not my native tongue, but I hope that you all can understand it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well we know Michelle Pfeiffer may be biased because she’s married to David E. Kelley but both her and Kerry Washington (along with Barbara Streisand who posted on her story about the show) have praised The Undoing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG1gSHVJrs_/

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Well we know Michelle Pfeiffer may be biased because she’s married to David E. Kelley but both her and Kerry Washington (along with Barbara Streisand who posted on her story about the show) have praised The Undoing. https://www.instagram.com/p/CG1gSHVJrs_/

Yep, the show is gaining momentum, only another big little lies situation could hurt it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yep, the show is gaining momentum, only another big little lies situation could hurt it.

And I doubt a Big Little Lies s2 situation comes along here. The key supporting ensemble members (Sutherland, Jupe), the other supporting ensemble members (Rabe, Dumzweni) as well as Bier and Kelley seem to be campaigning a tonne for it with Grant and Kidman.

Kidman won’t be winning her second but I’d be very surprised if this even ended up like The Morning Show or Little Fires Everywhere. It seems to already be a big hit and the amount of praise I’ve seen for Grant and Bier and the amount of times people have said “Kidman is one of the greatest actors we’ve ever had” in interviews. I think it will do well in noms (apart from writing) and that HBO might delay Mare of Easttown to focus on this and I May Destroy You (after all they have two Dramas they could put on instead and campaign for at the Emmys considering how Perry Mason and Lovecraft aren’t sure things).

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Well we know Michelle Pfeiffer may be biased because she’s married to David E. Kelley

in others news, Sarah Paulson is a big fan of Hollywood and Dax Shepard tweeted about The Good Place. Moreso, Reese Witherspoon allegedly loved Truth Be Told.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If there’s 6 slots next year, then maybe Nicole has a better chance.

But is way too early for this, remember the Unbelievable duo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But is way too early for this, remember the Unbelievable duo.

This is true. And this applies to every contender really.

To be honest it’s way too early to say whether anything is in or out. Ethan Hawke and Kidman could easily end up like Emma Stone and Russell Crowe depending on the competition.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This is true. And this applies to every contender really. To be honest it’s way too early to say whether anything is in or out. Ethan Hawke and Kidman could easily end up like Emma Stone and Russell Crowe depending on the competition.

Totally agree, we have no Regina King this year.

T

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Totally agree, we have no Regina King this year.

I’d say the closest we have to a Regina King is Taylor-Joy but neither her performance nor The Queen’s Gambit are on the same level of buzz as King’s and Watchmen (or at least yet).

What really will decide whether Kidman and/or Coel can get in is if HBO release Mare of Easttown. Because if they don’t I think both can easily get in. Right now none of the Spring contenders are locks (apart from maybe Beanie Feldstein if she airs on time). Genius could easily end up like Fargo did this year and air without any buzz and with less acclaim (although I know that didn’t hurt Picasso but that was in a weak year) and be faced with the possibility of a shut out outside of CC and below the line Emmy categories.

I can already feel Netflix screwing over Taylor-Joy’s chances already though by releasing Inventing Anna.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

But even talking about the Unbelievable duo makes me sad, dear lord.

The way they put Octavia Spencer there and not even one of the two made it.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Genius could easily end up like Fargo did this year and air without any buzz and with less acclaim

I think Genius will do better than Fargo, Fargo came off of three strong seasons, Genius is coming off of a panned one, and Erivo alone could bring the buzz that Fargo ain’t having, and if Respect goes big or go small, it will be good for Genius.

What really will decide whether Kidman and/or Coel can get in is if HBO release Mare of Easttown

For sure they are releasing something at spring, this year we had The Plot Against America and I Know This Much is True, the year before that they had Chernobyl, wich became a global event. The only question is what series they are releasing at that time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But even talking about the Unbelievable duo makes me sad, dear lord. The way they put Octavia Spencer there and not even one of the two made it.

This is what mean. Really we can only start to say Kidman, Coel and Taylor-Joy are in danger once we know what Netflix and HBO will be airing in the Spring. Right now they seem to be the clear frontrunners in terms of shows and performances that have aired so far.

But yeah bad news for all three of them if Winslet, Chastain, Garner etc arrive on time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For sure they are releasing something at spring, this year we had The Plot Against America and I Know This Much is True, the year before that they had Chernobyl, wich became a global event. The only question is what series they are releasing at that time.

IMO they should just focus on Drama this year. They threaten cancelling themselves out with more than the 2 contenders in Actress they already have.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.