Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

IMO they should just focus on Drama this year. They threaten cancelling themselves out with more than the 2 contenders in Actress they already have.

Yes, maybe they’ll release a series focused on a male actor alone like IKTMIT because they knew no one there would stop King. That’s why netflix keeps losing by the way, they just keep putting 3 hundred people and different series at the same year.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Is inventing Anna done with filming?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Undoing is now at 76%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_undoing/s01

It will get that fresh certified, and for awhile it was at the rotten area, how things change.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is inventing Anna done with filming?

It had done half its filming before the pandemic and resumed filming around a month ago. I think unless there’s another shutdown it’s getting in on time.

That’s why netflix keeps losing by the way, they just keep putting 3 hundred people and different series at the same year.

This is partly why I think The Crown will do very we’ll next year if Netflix are clever and decide not to release Ozark. They can easily get Series, Actress, Supporting, Writing and Directing wins in that scenario.

The Undoing is now at 76% https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_undoing/s01

I’m not rooting for The Undoing (I enjoyed the first episode and I love Nicole Kidman but there are like three people I can list who I preferred performance wise in this category this year) but the way people are rooting for it to fail on here is funny. If the finale ends up being acclaimed (not expecting it too considering how much Kelley messes up writing finales) then it would be hilarious if it did end up sweeping (although even if its the best episode of TV on HBO this year I won’t be rooting for it over <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>which is a masterpiece).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Genius: Aretha is written by a new writer, not the writer from the first two seasons. This might result the show to be more critically acclaimed.

I liked the first episode of The Undoing way more than LFE. I think the level of critical acclaim it received is mostly due to not having social commentary or topicality. I’m not expecting many shows to air this upcoming spring. That level of competition might be enough for The Undoing to sneak in.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Genius: Aretha is written by a new writer, not the writer from the first two seasons. This might result the show to be more critically acclaimed.

I can easily see this season being the most acclaimed one (even if it’s not that hard), I’m sure they deserve it

I liked the first episode of The Undoing way more than LFE

Obviously none of them is a Big Little Lies, but based on just the first episode, I prefer the Undoing one, LFE took it’s time to get to the point.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Obviously none of them is a Big Little Lies, but based on just the first episode, I prefer the Undoing one, LFE took it’s time to get to the point.

In terms of openers (for me although I liked each of the shows that finished in the end) :

BLL s1 > BLL s2 > The Undoing > The Morning Show > Little Fires Everywhere

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I keep forgetting The Morning Show. Such a unmemorable show, LFE is way better anyway.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Its funny how every show by both of them is always compared to Big Little Lies, I’ve seen everywhere, even in The Morning Show, which has the most dinsticnt premise of all the new ones.

Big Little Lies is such a hit

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some more celebrities/people in the industry have praised The Undoing including :

– Kylie Minogue
    – Gwyneth Paltrow
    – Laura Dern
    – Andie McDowell
    – Isla Fisher
    – Shailene Woodley

Of course you can say some of them are only praising the show because they’re friends with Kidman or Grant but it’s still support for the show. They weren’t this loud in their support with BLL s2.

It doesn’t mean its guaranteed awards nominations but it might tell us the mood on the ground.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yep, said it, there she goes with the certified series

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_undoing/s01

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman will start shooting The Northman in november. This pretty much means Nine Perfect Strangers will be done shooting, I’m pretty sure it is coming this season.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman will start shooting The Northman in november. This pretty much means Nine Perfect Strangers will be done shooting, I’m pretty sure it is coming this season.

I’m pretty sure this will be released after May as she won’t allow herself to be submitted twice and Hulu thinks the same too.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Clearly this wasn’t a problem for Reese Witherspoon… and Hulu is not going to let go of potential noms to let an HBO show breathe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Clearly this wasn’t a problem for Reese Witherspoon…

This argument made sense but I’m finding it really flawed now.

Reese Witherspoon was the co-lead to two bigger and showier performances from two bigger names (Aniston and Kidman) in both her shows. Sure Hello Sunshine produced both Big Little Lies and The Morning Show but unlike The Undoing and Nine Perfect Strangers the shows didn’t share more than the star and the co-producer in common (Kidman’s shows share the principal production company, the star and the writer).

So the thing is Kidman is not the co female lead on either of her shows and she’s a much bigger threat awards wise than Reese ever was for either show. Her show, herself and Grant will get in at the Globes and because of how populist SAG is and how much they love loud theatrical performances she is a threat to win there which could boost her chances (even though I don’t see her winning the Emmy).

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.