Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating Noah Jupe? Riley says he MIGHT get more to do in the finale because of the way the fifth episode is set up so if he does have something to do in the finale and the finale isn’t panned then he could slip in. After all he has a similar level on name recognition to Anya Taylor-Joy.

This category seems so empty right now, he could easily get in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This category seems so empty right now, he could easily get in.

In fact even though Riley hinted she doesn’t have that much to do material wise I wouldn’t be surprised to see Noma Dumezweni get in. Critics have said she gives a scene-stealing performance.

At this rate I won’t even be surprised if we see someone like Cate Blanchett slip in for Stateless simply because she’s Blanchett (like Edie Falco for The Menendez Murders). If Impeachment doesn’t return on time that category is so weak that Jessie Buckley and Marielle Heller might as well be the frontrunners (as much as the naysayers are trying to hate on the latter already).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In fact even though Riley hinted she doesn’t have that much to do material wise I wouldn’t be surprised to see Noma Dumezweni get in. Critics have said she gives a scene-stealing performance. At this rate I won’t even be surprised if we see someone like Cate Blanchett slip in for Stateless simply because she’s Blanchett (like Edie Falco for The Menendez Murders). If Impeachment doesn’t return on time that category is so weak that Jessie Buckley and Marielle Heller might as well be the frontrunners (as much as the naysayers are trying to hate on the latter already).

Cate Blanchett for Stateless? She has like two lines, if she slips in is for her name and only that.

Jessie Buckley is THE name of this season of Fargo so she’s getting in, also IMO (Good wife vibes). There’s also players for IMDY and The Queen’s Gambit, and, if they gave the supporting players in the undoing more time, there’s room for them too.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Pls not Blanchett..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pls not Blanchett..

You have a very weird obsession with whatever I post. You often come round targeting me for things that you later endorse other people for doing. It’s very alarming and I’d recommend you stop or seek some help before you set up a thread asking people to hate on GD forum members again.

Anyway I’m not predicting Blanchett to happen lmao but I was saying it’s something I’m not ruling out if the field ends up being incredibly weak. We saw how Edie Falco slipped in for <i>The Menendez Murders</i>…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett for Stateless? She has like two lines, if she slips in is for her name and only that. Jessie Buckley is THE name of this season of Fargo so she’s getting in, also IMO (Good wife vibes). There’s also players for IMDY and The Queen’s Gambit, and, if they gave the supporting players in the undoing more time, there’s room for them too.

Like I said I don’t see her happening but she’s such a big name that if voters for example ignore something like they did with Howards End and Twin Peaks I could see her slip in like Edie Falco did in 2018 on name alone.

That being said I think if we have a situation where the only non 2020 limited series that airs is <i>The Underground Railroad </i>then I’d say we’d have a lineup of:

– Michaela Coel
    – Nicole Kidman
    – Thuso Mbdeu
    – Amanda Peet
    – Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

– Michaela Coel – Nicole Kidman – Thuso Mbdeu – Amanda Peet – Anya Taylor-Joy

As they should, let’s hope for more submissions so we can have six nominees and cynthia erivo also joins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oops I forgot about Meryl.

Meryl might knock out one of Mbedu and Peet.

I won’t consider Olsen, Mara, Wright, Harris or Strahovski (even though she should be in the top 3) until I see their winter awards performance or the performance of their shows with audiences and critics.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Meryl is really a lock tho? Even the Emmys seems to be preferring new people over Meryl over and over again.

I dare to say she was like, no. 5 in the supporting this year, and if the reception of this movie are trash (like, let’s be honest, a lot of meryl movies recently), she can be left out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Meryl is really a lock tho? Even the Emmys seems to be preferring new people over Meryl over and over again. I dare to say she was like, no. 5 in the supporting this year, and if the reception of this movie are trash (like, let’s be honest, a lot of meryl movies recently), she can be left out.

Yes of course. I’m not saying she’s getting in but Meryl Streep should never be underestimated. If she delivers a Jackman or Dern in The Tale level performance she might actually win. The Limited/Movie categories are totally different from the drama ones (which is why I don’t buy the naysayers thinking Nine <i>Perfect Strangers </i>will be released whilst The Undoing is in contention because the Big Little Lies/The Morning Show comparisons are incomparable).

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

You have a very weird obsession with whatever I post. You often come round targeting me for things that you later endorse other people for doing. It’s very alarming and I’d recommend you stop or seek some help before you set up a thread asking people to hate on GD forum members again.

Chile not you almost copy pasting something countless people have said to you.

Funny you talk about obsession when that’s the second time you bring up a more than a year old thread which doesn’t even exist now.

You just threw a fit over poor hopelessstar’s prediction/comment earlier but whatever. That is not new nor the shades. So this sudden self righteous anger isn’t fooling anyone.

I guess it’s pointless to argue anyway since you have been a little too prickly with me for whatever reason. It’s tiring to see you take every little light remark as a hostile attack and try to drag me which is rich when you’ve literally accused me of racism over a statement you misread.

Anyway, this thread is not for such petty stuff so I’ll leave it at that.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is Goldderby a fight ring? I can’t even haha, I took a look earlier at the Oscar categories and people were murdering each other everywhere.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It can be sometimes lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You just threw a fit over poor hopelessstar’s prediction/comment earlier but whatever.

I literally just said calm down it’s only October. We shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions so quickly lol. Then again hopelestar always says everything will be forgotten including shows that have won major Emmys.

Anyway I find it ironic that I’m throwing a “fit” when you literally took issue with something I said in the unpopular opinions thread and have written a post in which the semantics correlate to some sort of petty attack.

Anyway I won’t go further and I hope we can end this here. This is the Movie/Limited predictions thread not the Drama predictions thread lol.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Undoing has now risen to 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. Just before the premiere it was at 64%…

The show has episodic reviews, I hope it benefits from them like Succession did, but it can be tricky like Westworld, whose dropped like 10% because of the rejection the finale had over there.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.