Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 510 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Also yes Blanchett was phenomenal in Mrs. America and whilst I’m rooting for her at SAG I don’t feel sorry for her not winning anything. After all she already has two acting Oscars and a film career that doesn’t seem to be anywhere near dying out which not many people can say they have.

This!

Cate Blanchett has the world on her hand, if she wins great, if she loses I won’t cry about it, recognising new talent is always great.

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

Amanda Peet is a force of nature in Dirty John. I really hope she gets at least a globe nom. She’s overdue.

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

I disagree. Blanchett was amazing as Phyllis Schlafly and deserves to win over Nicole Kidman in The Undoing any day of the week.

The fact that this is being said when Kidman has only had two out of six episodes of her show screened to the public, actually shows how much of a threat she is already being seen as. She really did something in episode 2. She is carrying this show solo right now, and still has 4 more episodes to impact on viewers.

With Big Little Lies season 1, I don’t think people really started to percieve Kidman as a huge threat to win everywhere till about the 4th episode when her storyline really started coming into focus. Things seem to be coming together much quicker for her in The Undoing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Off point and not directly related to this convo but it’s quite funny on here how other accuse some of  “downplaying people’s chances because they’re worried their favourite show or performance will lose” but then they themselves rule things out and claim there’s “no way this performer makes it in over this performer” or “this performance wins”.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

TVLine names Kidman perfomer of the week for episode 2 of The Undoing:

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1325091213792391171?s=19

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

TVLine names Kidman perfomer of the week for episode 2 of The Undoing: https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1325091213792391171?s=19

GP is in love with her performance!!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

TVLine names Kidman perfomer of the week for episode 2 of The Undoing: https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1325091213792391171?s=19

She’s coming!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One show to watch out for is The Salisbury Poisonings based on the Novichok poisoning incident in the UK. AMC have just made the episodes free to view and in the UK it was a ratings hit (with the premiere getting 10.3 million viewers) so it might get a BAFTA buzz boost if it ends up winning anything there.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

One show to watch out for is The Salisbury Poisonings based on the Novichok poisoning incident in the UK. AMC have just made the episodes free and in the UK it was a ratings hit (with the premiere getting 10.3 million viewers) so it might get a BAFTA buzz boost if it ends up winning anything there.

Looks like the new Quiz

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Looks like the new Quiz

Yes that’s a possibility (even a probability) but unlike Quiz it is socially relevant and is competing this season so it will be able to garner buzz from a potential BAFTA set of wins (which Quiz wasn’t be able to do due to the different eligibility timetables of BAFTA and the Emmys).

I mean not considering it at all in Series or acting categories (those are way too competitive) but with the way a lot of shows have had polarised reception from critics towards their writing I wouldn’t be surprised if this got a lone writing nomination. Especially considering how acclaimed the writing of the show is and how timely it is with Covid.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Year’s 2nd most rated scripted tv on imdb, & given the time gap Queen’s Gambit should fly past Outsider soon.

Maybe Netflix will finally get that series win they keep chasing?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just watched it the second episode of Undoing and Nicole Kidman is coming.

I just watched The Queen’s Gambit and let me tell you….it was GREAT.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Marielle Heller is coming for the ACS supporting ladies’ trophy.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

JLC

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.