Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 508 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I want to see Hugh Grant win some awards and get some recognition as a dramatic actor. Any chance this happens for The Undoing?

He can win the Globes for the name and the buzz of the show, even if Ethan Hawke is the favourite for now, and is unarguably better.
    At the Emmys I don’t see his wim happening, but he will get some nods on Globes, CC and, if no one else appears, at the Emmys as well.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think he is going to win for his role in The Undoing when there is Ethan Hawke and possibly Bryan Cranston.

I see Grant vs Hawke as Adams vs Arquette at the moment. Although it really just depends where the Globes go because the HFPA love Hugh Grant and they don’t love Ethan Hawke that much.

Cranston will 100% be excellent (it’s scientifically impossible for him not to) but I do question if he will win another Emmy so soon. He could be in the same position as Laura Linney (Emmy darling under the tape system not so much under the plurality vote).

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Film Actually
    Topics:

Forgive me if this was discussed already but, will the Hamilton actors be eligible for the Movie/Limited acting categories??

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Forgive me if this was discussed already but, will the Hamilton actors be eligible for the Movie/Limited acting categories??

One of the editors said Disney are still deciding either they want to campaign it for it film or TV awards.

If for TV then the actors should be. Spongebob & The Little Mermaid submitted actors in Limited this past season and Jesus Chris Superstar got 3 acting nominees 2 ceremonies prior.

The majority of the Tony nominated parts would be likely Emmy nominees (maybe not Soo since her category is the most competitive) and Goldsberry would be win competitive.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Australian actor Zoe Terakes has booked a recurring role opposite Nicole Kidman in Hulu’s tentpole limited series Nine Perfect Strangers. Based on Big Little Lies author Liane Moriarty’s latest book, Nine Perfect Strangers the series takes place at a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation as nine stressed city dwellers try to get on a path to a better way of living. Watching over them during this 10-day retreat is the resort’s director Masha (played by Kidman), a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies. Terakes will play Glory, a young, well-meaning disciple of Masha (Kidman), who works at the Tranquillum Wellness Center. Nine Perfect Strangers hails from David E. Kelley, Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories, Kidman’s Blossom Films and Endeavor Content. Terakes is known for their breakout role as Reb Keane in Wentworth

So, they are still casting?

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Australian actor Zoe Terakes has booked a recurring role opposite Nicole Kidman in Hulu’s tentpole limited series Nine Perfect Strangers. Based on Big Little Lies author Liane Moriarty’s latest book, Nine Perfect Strangers the series takes place at a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation as nine stressed city dwellers try to get on a path to a better way of living. Watching over them during this 10-day retreat is the resort’s director Masha (played by Kidman), a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies. Terakes will play Glory, a young, well-meaning disciple of Masha (Kidman), who works at the Tranquillum Wellness Center. Nine Perfect Strangers hails from David E. Kelley, Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories, Kidman’s Blossom Films and Endeavor Content. Terakes is known for their breakout role as Reb Keane in Wentworth So, they are still casting?

It’s very normal for casting announcements to be released during filming or even after filming.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s very normal for casting announcements to be released during filming or even after filming.

I see, hopefully they will make it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I find it very hard to see Marielle Heller missing the nomination at the Emmys. She is the likeliest of the Summer/Autumn/Winter contenders to WIN the Emmy, is in one of the most high profile shows of the year and now is helped by the fact that Impeachment won’t be returning on time.

Her performance is also just as acclaimed as Taylor-Joy’s and imo is better than hers (not to say Taylor-Joy was bad it’s just in episodes with Heller I felt she was outacted by Heller). I mean has anyone from an Autumn/Winter series ever missed at the Emmys before?

I’d say she’s the closest thing we have to a lock in the Supporting Actress in a Limited Series/Movie category right now.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just watched the first Small axe film, masterpiece as it’s finest.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Dolly Parton movie with Baranski seems to be doing just ok with critics

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dolly_partons_christmas_on_the_square

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I find it very hard to see Marielle Heller missing at the Emmys. She is the likeliest of the Summer/Autumn/Winter contenders to WIN the Emmy, is in one of the most high profile shows of the year and now is helped by the fact that Impeachment won’t be returning on time. Her performance is also just as acclaimed as Taylor-Joy’s and imo is better than hers (not to say Taylor-Joy was bad it’s just in episodes with Heller I felt she was outacted by Heller). I mean has anyone from an Autumn/Winter series ever missed at the Emmys before? I’d say she’s the closest thing we have to a lock in the Supporting Actress in a Limited Series/Movie category right now.

i think you’re stretching. At this point, Heller may be in the race to win the Emmy (in 10 months), but there is no world in which she is the story from The Queens Gambit blowup success. That is pretty obviously Taylor Joy. The consensus is way more of “this is Taylor Joy’s star making performance and she’s fantastic- also hey! Director marielle heller acts in it and she’s good!”

Edit: let me also say I haven’t watched yet, just have noticed that the Buzz for ATJ far surpasses Heller’s, even though the latter for sure has some. And it’s not just because Taylor-Joy is the lead, T’Nia Miller received far more buzz than Victoria Pedretti earlier in the year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

i think you’re stretching. At this point, Heller may be in the race to win the Emmy (in 10 months), but there is no world in which she is the story from The Queens Gambit blowup success. That is pretty obviously Taylor Joy. The consensus is way more of “this is Taylor Joy’s star making performance and she’s fantastic- also hey! Director marielle heller acts in it and she’s good!”

Okay a lock was a bit of a stretch (I may admit I am a bit more passionate about her performance than others) but out of all the shows that have been released thus far I’d say she’s the early frontrunner (simply because she has the performance with the most buzz). And looking at the nominees in this category this past decade only once has a supporting actress from a Limited Series/Movie from the first half of eligibility missed at the Emmys and that was in 2017 with the two punch of Feud and Big Little Lies. I think it’s safe to say the competition is far weaker than it was in 2017 in the supporting actress category so I really don’t see how she misses the nomination. Especially with Impeachment out of the race.

Also tell me where I said she had more buzz than Taylor-Joy? I never said she had more buzz than Taylor-Joy. That would be absurd.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Her performance is also just as acclaimed as Taylor-Joy’s

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Edit: let me also say I haven’t watched yet, just have noticed that the Buzz for ATJ far surpasses Heller’s, even though the latter for sure has some. And it’s not just because Taylor-Joy is the lead, T’Nia Miller received far more buzz than Victoria Pedretti earlier in the year.

Like I said I didn’t say the buzz for Heller was greater than ATJ’s (I mean in what world is that possible) but I’m talking about the fact that she’s being received with just as good reviews as Taylor-Joy with the industry and critics.

Look at the fact for example that Michael McKean singles out Heller in his review of The Queen’s Gambit.

https://twitter.com/MJMcKean/status/1321842092256108544

Or the fact that critics themselves are raving about Heller’s performance as much as they are about her directing.

https://twitter.com/BenTTravers/status/1321523563581501440

I’d say out of the Summer/Autumn/Winter Limited Series supporting ladies she’s the likeliest to show up at the precursors.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That doesn’t necessarily mean I’m saying she has more buzz than Taylor-Joy. It’s just that she is receiving just as much critical (and arguably industry) acclaim as her. Acclaim and buzz aren’t the same thing. Yvonne Strahovski has one of the most acclaimed performances of the year in Stateless yet she has less buzz than people like Nicole Kidman who have more divisive performances.

And still even though I said she has a performance just as acclaimed as Taylor-Joy’s it doesn’t mean I was saying she had a performance more acclaimed than Taylor-Joy’s. Look at it this way. Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern received almost a fair share of acclaim for Big Little Lies season 1 but Kidman still had the buzzier performance. Same with Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams for Fosse/Verdon. Both had their fair share of acclaim but Williams had the buzzier performance.

EDIT: I noticed you might have misread my original post because I was talking about her nomination chances and not her win chances. My apologies I have edited the post to make it a bit clearer now.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.