Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 508 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hope T’Nia Miller make it next year, just a nod and i would be over the moon

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>Black Narcissus </i>starts off at 64 on Metacritic.

I’ve been lowkey wondering with only Jessie Buckley on their hands if FX might run a posthumous campaign for Rigg.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/black-narcissus

Out of the contenders whose shows have been released (or have been seen by critics) I’d say in terms of chances the race is like this:

1. Marielle Heller
    2. Jessie Buckley
    3. Weruche Opia
    4. Noma Dumezweni
    5. Lily Rabe
    6. Moses Ingram
    7. T’Nia Miller
    8. Diana Rigg (but this could change if FX campaign for her hard to get a posthumous nom)
    9. Cate Blanchett
    10. Asher Keddie

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

J. Smith-Cameron has praised both Noah Jupe and Hugh Grant’s performances in The Undoing and dubs Grant “tremendous”.

I think it’s fair to say that regardless of what anyone thinks this show is being WATCHED by actors.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Topics:

Just watched the first Small axe film, masterpiece as it’s finest.

I had been wondering about Small Axe’s awards chances. I’m supposing that the five individual films will be campaigned in the TV movie category?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I had been wondering about Small Axe’s awards chances. I’m supposing that the five individual films will be campaigned in the TV movie category?

No because the second film (Lovers Rock) is 69 minutes long so just misses eligibility in the TV movie category. Same with the fourth film (Alex Wheatle) which is 64 minutes long.

I do think if Mangrove and Red, White and Blue (both eligible for TV movie) are submitted individually that they are locks in the category and that John Boyega could slip into the barren Actor field with the buzz he’s been receiving. The only thing stopping me from going overboard is that even though Mangrove is absolutely phenomenal it didn’t do well with viewers in the UK (if I’m not mistaken it only got 1 million viewers on the flagship “network/broadcast” show). It really should win. One of the most important pieces of television I’ve seen in a long time (along with I May Destroy You).

Considering how she was more supporting than lead in Mangrove I’d say there’s a small chance Wright goes supporting and if she does watch out for her surprising with a nomination in what looks like it is a weak field.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hey it’s no secret that I go on about how I think The Undoing is being underestimated by people on this forum but what drugs is Graham Norton taking? On the most recent episode of the show he first says he predicts Amy Adams will “finally win an Oscar for <i>Hillbilly Elegy</i>” and then he dubs The Undoing the drama of the year that is the only one everyone is talking about.

I mean I know I’ve been going on about how The Undoing is very popular both in the US and internationally (aka it’s HBO’s most high profile show of the year) but has the man seen I May Destroy YouUnorthodoxNormal PeopleThe Crown or The Queen’s Gambit???

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Out of the contenders whose shows have been released (or have been seen by critics) I’d say in terms of chances the race is like this: 1. Marielle Heller 2. Jessie Buckley 3. Weruche Opia 4. Noma Dumezweni 5. Lily Rabe 6. Moses Ingram 7. T’Nia Miller 8. Diana Rigg (but this could change if FX campaign for her hard to get a posthumous nom) 9. Cate Blanchett 10. Asher Keddie

Say it if I’m wrong but the only show that people talked about its supporting female cast was The Haunting of Bly Manor. Other than some mentions of Marielle Heller, I’ve seen zero people talking about women on this list. Though Netflix not making Bly Manor an awards priority complicates things.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Say it if I’m wrong but the only show that people talked about its supporting female cast was The Haunting of Bly Manor. Other than some mentions of Marielle Heller, I’ve seen zero people talking about women on this list. Though Netflix not making Bly Manor an awards priority complicates things.

On the industry I’ve seen some praise for Jessie Buckley as well, the rest is the rest.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t sense any buzz for Buckley (for Fargo).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First look at Halston (shooting of episode 6).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

McGregor is coming

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix could very well win both Drama Series and Limited Series this year. Not only do they have a strong contender with The Queen’s Gambit but they might also have Inventing AnnaHalston and Anatomy of a Scandal. And in Drama The Crown might end up sweeping everything.

In fact Netflix could very well dominate Actress and S. Actress and get three Actresses in (Garner, Taylor-Joy and Sienna Miller). And I think if Miller is eligible she might end up winning like Williams did (under awarded actor in their first industry wide seen showy performance) over Garner (who could end up being this year’s Patricia Arquette except with only one project eligible this cycle).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Television Academy, please increase the number of Actors on this category from 5 to at least 6, it’s the most competitive category of the whole thing.

And we are still stuck with 5

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Television Academy, please increase the number of Actors on this category from 5 to at least 6, it’s the most competitive category of the whole thing.

And we are still stuck with 5

I do think that the TV Academy may need to rethink all the Limited Series categories somewhat if the streaming service-driven explosive growth in the genre’s relative importance in the TV landscape continues.

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

Uncle Frank and Sylvie’s Love are officially branded as TV Movies from Amazon Prime.
    Source: FYC Amazon Prime

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You | Euphoria Special | genera+ion |

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.