Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 510 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Say it if I’m wrong but the only show that people talked about its supporting female cast was The Haunting of Bly Manor. Other than some mentions of Marielle Heller, I’ve seen zero people talking about women on this list. Though Netflix not making Bly Manor an awards priority complicates things.

Miller has had some mentions but with Netflix not campaigning Bly Manor I feel confident in ruling her out outside of CC.

Heller has probably had the most industry wise but Weurche Opia has been included in the same breakthrough performance lists as Daisy Edgar-Jones, Shira Haas, Paul Mescal and Emma Corrin which surprised me. Rabe has gotten attention online but I think that’s mainly from audiences rather than the industry.

Dumezweni has been universally praised (even by The Undoing pessimists) as giving a scene-stealing performance and being one of the best parts of the show. If The Undoing over-performs it wouldn’t surprise me to see her slip into the open supporting field.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

There’s a 10 minute house party scene in Lovers Rock where it’s just the character dancing and it’s the most intriguing and memorising thing I’ve seen all year.

Give McQueen all of the flowers.

I saw this and thought it was brilliantly directed.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see Lovers Rock, it has even better reviews than already great Mangrove.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see Lovers Rock, it has even better reviews than already great Mangrove.

Story wise and acting wise I found Mangrove better but Lovers Rock is phenomenal to watch and has such rawness and heart with it.

I swear if they don’t at least nominate McQueen…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Netflix just confirm The Queen’s Gambit as the biggest scripted limited series of all time on Netflix, with a record setting 62 million households have chosen to watch the series in it’s first 28 days! Furthermore, the show is ranked #1 in 63 countries. It’s gonna be a HUGE player!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

New shots from Halston

https://twitter.com/ahszone/status/1330955381267456000?s=20

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I don’ know it it’s actually true but apparently WandaVision will have episodes in the style of The Office and Modern Family. Even though it’s Marvel it sounds super Emmy baity.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’ know it it’s actually true but apparently WandaVision will have episodes in the style of The Office and Modern Family. Even though it’s Marvel it sounds super Emmy baity.

I’m very tempted to slot in Olsen at SAG. She’ll have recency bias helping her there and I feel like something that is ineligible for the Globes will pop up at SAG and this feels like it could.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The story is that WV episodes will be shot in accordance with popular filming styles for sitcoms through the ages, as the show setting goes from the 50s, through the 80s, to the 2010s. The final set will be the era of mockumentaries like Modern Family and The Office.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Letitia Wright is incredible on Mangrove. In a fair world she would win Supporting Actress by a landslide. Actually, every performance on Mangrove was excellent.

The comparison to Chicago 7 is inevitable, but this makes that look like an amateur high school production.

Does Small Axe qualify for the BAFTA Limited Series category or not?

FYC:

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Letitia Wright is incredible on Mangrove. In a fair world she would win Supporting Actress by a landslide. Actually, every performance on Mangrove was excellent. The comparison to Chicago 7 is inevitable, but this makes that look like an amateur high school production. Does Small Axe qualify for the BAFTA Limited Series category or not?

It depends how they submit it. Whether they submit it in Movie or Limited Series.

Wright was absolutely incredible and I agree it put Chicago 7 to shame. In addition to Wright, Shaun Parkes was great as the owner of the Mangrove, Malachi Kirby and Rochenda Sandall were excellent  and Alex Jennings was great as the judge (he’s very underrated and should have won guest actor for The Crown).

Fingers crossed Wright pulls through at the Emmys!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

First review of Your Honor is out, it’s a 67 but the performances were quite praised

https://theplaylist.net/your-honor-bryan-cranston-tv-review-20201123/

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

My understanding is that Amazon’s priorities are John Boyega and Letitia Wright in lead for Small Axe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My understanding is that Amazon’s priorities are John Boyega and Letitia Wright in lead for Small Axe.

That does seem to be the case but having watched Small Axe : Mangrove it really feels like it would be category fraud for Wright to go lead. She’s a top tier supporting contender.

Having read the synopsis of Small Axe : Red, White and Blue though Boyega seems to be the clear lead of that one so that doesn’t seem to be category fraud (although I won’t see it till it airs here on Sunday).

Am intrigued to see if Amazon goes the TV Movie route with Small Axe or the Limited Series route. To my understanding only Red, White and Blue and Mangrove are eligible for Movie.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Letitia was supporting, but I guess if you’re reaching then you can take her as the Lead Actress in that of the Actresses she was the lead lmfao

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.