Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 510 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Ivan__rc
    Topics:

I don’t know if it was posted already, but Sarah Paulson said on Ellen that American Crime Story will be shooting through the summer (so probably 2022 season?) and David Denman posted on instagram that Mare of Easttown wrapped and is premiering in March.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t know if it was posted already, but Sarah Paulson said on Ellen that American Crime Story will be shooting through the summer (so probably 2022 season?) and David Denman posted on instagram that Mare of Easttown wrapped and is premiering in March.

Yeah, impeachment is out
    Good for Easttown

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

With Oscars happening in April and other awards in March, Mare of Easttown will benefit from Kate Winslet’s Oscar buzz. That puts The Undoing in risk as HBO now has two murder mystery limited series starring famous actresses.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With Oscars happening in April and other awards in March, Mare of Easttown will benefit from Kate Winslet’s Oscar buzz. That puts The Undoing in risk as HBO now has two murder mystery limited series starring famous actresses.

Yes.

Although will Kate even have Oscar buzz for Ammonite lol?

I would say it puts the show and Kidman more at risk. Grant and Sutherland are unaffected by this.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Wirh Impeachment now officially out of the race, does A Teacher become FX’s/Hulu’s main push?

FX don’t have any other limited series that have started production yet (outside of AHS) whilst Hulu only have The Sister confirmed to air (a meh-received British thriller).

Hulu also Dopesick, Nine Perfect Strangers, and The Dropout in production. The only I can see making it by the deadline is NPS since (as far as I’m aware) is the only one that’s started filming and in Australia (where covid is nearing zero cases).

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Wirh Impeachment now officially out of the race, does A Teacher become FX’s/Hulu’s main push? FX don’t have any other limited series that have started production yet (outside of AHS) whilst Hulu only have The Sister confirmed to air (a meh-received British thriller). Hulu also Dopesick, Nine Perfect Strangers, and The Dropout in production. The only I can see making it by the deadline is NPS since (as far as I’m aware) is the only one that’s started filming and in Australia (where covid is nearing zero cases).

Dopesick will finish filming in May so it’s officially for next year. There hasn’t been any news about The Dropout ever since its announcement.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hulu/Fx will probably launch something, this year alone they went full on with Mrs America and Little Fires Everywhere.

But if only A Teacher is in the play, who knows

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There hasn’t been any news about The Dropout ever since its announcement.

McKinnon said somewhere she’s set to start filming in January. Filming was only going to last for a month pre Covid so I assume it will be ready on time.

I doubt <i>Nine Perfect Strangers </i>arrives on time. Kelley is currently writing on and producing another show that is currently shooting in the UK right now for Netflix (and I think that will arrive on time) and Kidman is going to be shooting two different projects. And with post production taking longer because of the pandemic I just don’t see it getting in on time (if I’m not mistaken there are 10 episodes of Nine Perfect Strangers?). I also doubt Kelley is going to be on the ballot three times in the same category or Kidman twice.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If it didn’t look like Netflix had enough on their plate already in the Limited Series categories they now also have The Serpent which is set to air this new year’s in the UK before coming internationally on Netflix. It’s quite an expensive drama starring Jenna Coleman (Doctor WhoVictoria), Tahar Rahim (The Eddy, The Looming Tower) and Holliday Grainger (The CaptureCinderella).

The plot description is below:

Story of con-man and mass-murderer, Charles Sobhraj, who is discovered and trailed by a young embassy official in mid-70’s southeast Asia.

That means along with The Queen’s Gambit (which Netflix may end up making their number two priority out of all shows this season) Netflix also has this, HalstonInventing Anna and potentially Anatomy of a Scandal (provided all of them are acclaimed).

Regardless of its awards chances I am here for this potential Doctor Who reunion with potential Billie Piper and Michelle Gomez nominations on the Comedy side and Russell T. Davies and Jenna Coleman nominations on the Drama side.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Updates:

American Crime Story Season 3 starts production in November.

American Horror Story starts production in December.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html?m=1

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

American Horror Story starts production in December.

Does AHS make eligibility is what I wonder and if so does Bates get a name-check nom?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Does AHS make eligibility is what I wonder and if so does Bates get a name-check nom?

Bates isn’t returning because of coronavirus risks.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Bates isn’t returning because of coronavirus risks.

Source?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Genius: Aretha wrapped production, it’s coming on 2021

https://deadline.com/2020/11/genius-aretha-wraps-production-premiere-date-2021-nat-geo-1234622040/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Genius: Aretha wrapped production, it’s coming on 2021 https://deadline.com/2020/11/genius-aretha-wraps-production-premiere-date-2021-nat-geo-1234622040/

RIP Nicole Kidman’s Emmy nomination chances…

…although I am here for this possible Chewing Gum reunion with Cynthia and Michaela.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.