Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Let’s hope that next year we’ll have a six-pack field

Coel will probably be shut out, Taylor-Joy and Kidman for me are at 80%, Kidman is a household name, she will get in just like Octavia Spencer did, Taylor-Joy seems to be the Shira Haas of this season.

But plenty of time to go yet, I hope Cynthia gets nominated and i’m rooting for her win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5anWrBFPmY This is coming for TV Movie nomination for saving 2020.

Inb4 Queen Baranski gets double nominations next year for this and The Gilded Age and comes for the Emmy Colman and Aniston are fighting for.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Coel will probably be shut out

I don’t know why there is a consensus that Coel will not be nominated when she gave one of the best performances and scripts of this year. So many industry people have praised I May Destroy You and I just don’t believe that awards will ignore the show.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I can’t count the number of people in the industry who randomly name dropped I May Destroy You in interviews. Just this week the creator of Emily In Paris called it today’s Sex And The City.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I love Coel, i think she’s unstoppable on IMDY, she for sure deserve all the awards, i just don’t know if the show will be on the voters minds for so long.

But i sure hope so.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s an HBO Max movie and it’s actually called Let Them All Talk. Lucas Hedges, Dianne Wiest and Candice Bergen co-star.

Oh, thank you

If this goes well, she could end up being a Hugh Jackman of this season, but with chances of actually winning.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Ok The Queen’s Gambit is excellent and Anya Taylor Joy is outstanding! She deserves the Emmy easily!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Critics Consensus

It’s moves aren’t always perfect, but between Anya Taylor-Joy’s magnetic performance, incredibly realized period details, and emotionally intelligent writing, The Queen’s Gambit is an absolute win.

What a win.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Not sure whether the project will be eligible this year but Michelle Williams exits HBO’s Scenes From A Marriage and Jessica Chastain joins instead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not sure whether the project will be eligible this year but Michelle Williams exits HBO’s Scenes From A Marriage and Jessica Chastain joins instead.

Well they have said they’re quarantining the cast together whilst filming so I think it will probably be ready for next year’s Emmys.

The question is whether HBO will air it in time for the Emmys. I am assuming The Undoing and I May Destroy You are their Winter pushes and Mare of Easton is their main Emmys push (à la The Night Of –> Big Little Lies).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

If it airs in time, Chastain would seem to be really set. With Williams I was tentative if she could take another limited actress Emmy home so soon after her last one, but Chastain is in the perfect under-rewarded but very respected position (like Williams was in 2019).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Why did Michelle left? So strange

Anyway, Chastain is a great actress and deserves to be with a great team again.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If it airs in time, Chastain would seem to be really set. With Williams I was tentative if she could take another limited actress Emmy home so soon after her last one, but Chastain is in the perfect under-rewarded but very respected position (like Williams was in 2019).

I agree. Unless the source material changes too much Chastain seems to have super baity material on her way. Question is whether Mare of Easttown and Impeachment come along (Feldstein might sweep like Paulson and Criss).

Noooooooooo. Poor White Michelle.

She made a historic awards sweep and delivered one of the best Emmy winning performances ever that will probably go down in history. I’m sure she’s fine.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m watching Queen’s Gambit today, i’m so amazed by it, the cinematography is top notch and Anya is giving it all to the role, the writing is also excellent with all the puzzles about chest and the character’s life.

Personally is already my favorite along with The Good Lord Bird and I May Destroy You.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.