Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 10)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 553 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Imagine if I May Destroy You win Best Writing, The Queen’s Gambit win Best Actress, and Mare of Easttown win Best Limited Series. Michaela, Anya and Kate (as an executive producer) would win an Emmy 🙌🏼

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Actress. I think the winner is between Anya and Kate with Anya having an advantage for being in a sweeping phenomenon. Kate has recency bias but how strong she really is against such an undeniable frontrunner is a question mark. Michaela is iffy cause, while she scored important noms, her sweep was only on her terrian (BAFTA) without Anya competition. Also, they can award her in other categories so no urgency to do it in Actress. Olsen is a wildcard because of Wanda overperformance though we know that nom overperformance doesn’t guarantee wins and many overpeformers went home empty or almost empty handed.

So I’d say Anya wins, with Kate next in line.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Does anyone have Bettany winning but not Olsen? I thought about predicting him but then I put myself in a voter shoe and it would just feel extremely wrong to vote for Bettany and not vote for Olsen as well.

Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

Does anyone have Bettany winning but not Olsen? I thought about predicting him but then I put myself in a voter shoe and it would just feel extremely wrong to vote for Bettany and not vote for Olsen as well.

From my point of view, the academy LOVED WandaVision, so I don’t see why he isn’t the front runner in actor when they clearly didn’t care for Grant or McGregor’s shows and the Hamilton’s will split.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I guess they compartmentalize categories. It’s who they think is the best in the category as opposed to how actors rank on the show itself. Yes, WV is the Olsen show but would Bettany win w/o Olsen be so different from Hahn’s win w/o Olsen? Not really, no. yet she is predicted without any But’s.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

From my point of view, the academy LOVED WandaVision, so I don’t see why he isn’t the front runner in actor when they clearly didn’t care for Grant or McGregor’s shows and the Hamilton’s will split.

I think the Hamilton leads will be able to overcome the split. If they can’t and Bettany does indeed win, we better prepare ourselves for a WandaVision sweep.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I guess they compartmentalize categories. It’s who they think is the best in the category as opposed to how actors rank on the show itself. Yes, WV is the Olsen show but would Bettany win w/o Olsen be so different from Hahn’s win w/o Olsen? Not really, no. yet she is predicted without any But’s.

But that’s exactly what I mean. Can they really say Bettany is the outstanding actor out of the nominees and not say the same about Olsen? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone ever praising solely his acting, while Hahn at least has a bunch of people backing her up.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kathryn Hahn’s buzz is independent of the show’s and whilst I did not take to her performance myself, many saw her as the standout of WandaVision. Her winning without Olsen would be quite different to Bettany winning without Olsen.

I have Bettany in second. On the one hand he does have a career resurgence narrative but on the other this isn’t a performance that seems to have so much passion (or at least as much as his co-star’s). I guess he feels similar to Jeremy Irons last year? If he wins then I think Olsen is much closer to winning actress than we think. And if Olsen wins then I think WandaVision is taking series.

Mark Ruffalo winning as the sole nominee for his show last year proves that you don’t need to be in a series nominee or in a strong contender overall to win. I’ve currently defaulted to Ewan McGregor in my predictions on the basis that he has the baitiest performance in contention and that Halston has 5 nominations overall so we know that this show at least has some visibility in the academy. I have Leslie Odom-Jr. in third. He still seems to have a lot of leftover goodwill from the film awards and is a tempting choice here considering how well Hamilton did. I don’t think Lin Manuel-Miranda will receive many voters and I think The Undoing‘s under-performance overall (and failure to get Donald Sutherland in) suggests that Grant could have very well been close to ending up like Hawke.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Wandavision will win something, but i think it will be Hahn.
    I’m predicting McGregor to win and Paul in second.

But I’ll never count this Hamilton robbery out of competition, watch it winning Actor, Supp. Actor, Supp Actress and Directing.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Kathryn Hahn’s buzz is independent of the show’s and whilst I did not take to her performance myself, many saw her as the standout of WandaVision. Her winning without Olsen would be quite different to Bettany winning without Olsen. I have Bettany in second. On the one hand he does have a career resurgence narrative but on the other this isn’t a performance that seems to have so much passion (or at least as much as his co-star’s). I guess he feels similar to Jeremy Irons last year? If he wins then I think Olsen is much closer to winning actress than we think. And if Olsen wins then I think WandaVision is taking series. Mark Ruffalo winning as the sole nominee for his show last year proves that you don’t need to be in a series nominee or in a strong contender overall to win. I’ve currently defaulted to Ewan McGregor in my predictions on the basis that he has the baitiest performance in contention and that Halston has 5 nominations overall so we know that this show at least has some visibility in the academy. I have Leslie Odom-Jr. in third. He still seems to have a lot of leftover goodwill from the film awards and is a tempting choice here considering how well Hamilton did. I don’t think Lin Manuel-Miranda will receive many voters and I think The Undoing‘s under-performance overall (and failure to get Donald Sutherland in) suggests that Grant could have very well been close to ending up like Hawke.

Obviously Hamilton dominated at the Tonys, but it’s worth remembering that Odom Jr. overcame the vote split at the Tonys and beat the incredibly overdue Danny Burstein, who was arguably stronger competition than Bettany and McGregor are at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Y’all… the Television Academy clearly loved Disney+‘s Hamilton and had no problem nominating almost the entire cast over traditional tv performances. They will have no problem giving them a bunch of wins as well.

I unfortunately think Hamilton will dominate, probably taking Lead Actor, Supp Actor and Supp Actress.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Lead Actor is between McGregor and Grant, actually. It takes a lot of passion to be the only above the line nomination of a show. McGregor was able to overcome the mixed/negative reception of Halston, a show that also got other 4 nominations.
    Both actors are overdue for recognition, especially Hugh Grant, an industry icon.

Vote splitting will be too hard for LMM and Odom Jr. Some voters could argue that Leslie Odom Jr. has the better performance, and others could just namecheck Lin Manuel Miranda, who is the face of Hamilton.

I feel like Paul Bettany doesn’t have much passion and he’s just there because he’s the Lead of WandaVision. He wasn’t the stand out of the show.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hate it here
    Hawke should be winning in a cake walk, I’ll never recover.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think Lead Actor is between McGregor and Grant, actually. It takes a lot of passion to be the only above the line nomination of a show. McGregor was able to overcome the mixed/negative reception of Halston, a show that also got other 4 nominations. Both actors are overdue for recognition, especially Hugh Grant, an industry icon. Vote splitting will be too hard for LMM and Odom Jr. Some voters could argue that Leslie Odom Jr. has the better performance, and others could just namecheck Lin Manuel Miranda, who is the face of Hamilton. I feel like Paul Bettany doesn’t have much passion and he’s just there because he’s the Lead of WandaVision. He wasn’t the stand out of the show.

I just don’t get the argument that vote-splitting is going to be a massive problem for Hamilton when it didn’t matter at the Tonys and when Odom Jr. has become higher-profile and more respected since then.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yeah, don’t count out Leslie Odom Jr. too soon, they will reward Hamilton somewhere and it won’t be only in the variety categories.
    If you are not predicting him, then you should be predicting Diggs.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.