Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 494 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t remember the last time I was excited about supporting drama actor, maybe 2014?

I’m going to get a lot of hate for saying this but he should have won that year.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No one is going 7/7 here.

Tbh no show is nominated in all seven categories this year so that would be impossible hehe.

But I get your sentiment. The only one I can see really “sweeping” is WandaVision (I still maintain that Bettany can’t win without Olsen) but even then, I don’t see it overcoming a vote-split in writing so easily.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Tbh no show is nominated in all seven categories this year so that would be impossible hehe. But I get your sentiment. The only one I can see really “sweeping” is WandaVision (I still maintain that Bettany can’t win without Olsen) but even then, I don’t see it overcoming a vote-split in writing so easily.

Oh, sorry, I meant no one is gonna predict all 7 categories correctly! 😅

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh, sorry, I meant no one is gonna predict all 7 categories correctly! 😅

Actually quick change of heart I already give up lol. The way I have switched through three predicted winners for actress since the nominations were announced 💀💀💀. Maybe I should just predict Olsen on the eve before the ceremony just for the lols.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I always lose interest in awards when the nominations are out.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

I just finished watching Mare of Easttown. It should win all the awards.

Kate Winslet is phenomenal. I mean we all knew that already but this role? Amazing!
    Jean Smart is incredible (in this and also in Hacks), her back and forth with Winslet was (needed) comedy gold. Julianne Nicholson was also great. What a show.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Well everything you can say has been said pretty much.

Here’s how Cynthia Erivo can still win:

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Here’s how Cynthia Erivo can still win:

When she actually wins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I always lose interest in awards when the nominations are out.

I’ve started feeling that more lately than I usually do actually. I guess part of it must be to do with the pandemic.

Normally it would feel like things quickly fly by (it definitely felt like that in 2019 when within the blink of an eye we went from July to September Fleabag went and sent Barry‘s chances of winning to oblivion) but with life being less busy (even with things picking up again), it’s just felt stagnant?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It feels like the nominations came out ages ago.
    It’s weird, i felt the same way at the Oscars, i was vividly on the movie threads and then they came out and i only appeared again on award day.

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

So who’s winning lead actor? I see multiple negatives for all and very few positives.
    Bettany: only one in a series nominee, however the women got far more acclaim than him.

Grant: movie star, showing his dramatic chops in recent years, however his series crashed and burned in nominations.

McGregor: well respected veteran actor, however seems like a name check with very few people watching his series.

Miranda: created a cultural phenomenon, however nominated against a more acclaimed costar.

Odom Jr.: Won Tony for the role, fresh off an Oscar nomination, however, nominated alongside someone with much bigger star power in general than he is, if voters are lazy, they might want to vote for Miranda over him.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

So who’s winning lead actor? I see multiple negatives for all and very few positives. Bettany: only one in a series nominee, however the women got far more acclaim than him. Grant: movie star, showing his dramatic chops in recent years, however his series crashed and burned in nominations. McGregor: well respected veteran actor, however seems like a name check with very few people watching his series. Miranda: created a cultural phenomenon, however nominated against a more acclaimed costar. Odom Jr.: Won Tony for the role, fresh off an Oscar nomination, however, nominated alongside someone with much bigger star power in general than he is, if voters are lazy, they might want to vote for Miranda over him.

This could have been so freaking easy.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

So who’s winning lead actor?

Who knows, I’m going with Ewan McGregor for now, but i might default to Leslie Odom Jr.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This could have been so freaking easy.

DON’T REMIND ME 😭

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

So who’s winning lead actor? 

I have Bettany because WV did so good but I feel they could all win except for Miranda.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.