Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 306 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

anya taylor joy is the moment so idk… if she keeps the buzz, she may not be that vulnerable. Probably Anya will get a massive push from Netflix too

Yeah if she gets the buzz and Netflix basically do what HBO did with Watchmen in their campaigning for The Queen’s Gambit then she’s in and can potentially win (she’s also helped by her two movies coming out next year). Like you said she is the moment.

However I’d say she’s likely but not a lock at this stage. That Actress category is competitive and may get even more competitive (Scenes From a Marriage with Jessica Chastain finishes filming in February).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Scenes From a Marriage with Jessica Chastain finishes filming in February)

I’m sure the post-production won’t be done until May so this is probably for fall. They already have Mare of Easttown for spring. The White Lotus might also come out in spring too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sure the post-production won’t be done until May so this is probably for fall. They already have Mare of Easttown for spring. The White Lotus might also come out in spring too.

I doubt The White Lotus comes out in Spring.

Either way we already know Colman will be HBO’s priority in 2022. Her show is being eyed for a Spring 2022 release apparently (filming will take a few months and the show starts shooting in the Summer).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit could very well dominate the technicals next year even if Taylor-Joy does miss. The fact The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is skipping this season is going to open up a lot of crafts slots and I expect The Crown and The Queen’s Gambit will be the main beneficiaries of those.

I believe Sienna Miller is taking best actress for Anatomy of a Scandal.

Revenge for her snub for The Loudest Voice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

(Scenes From a Marriage with Jessica Chastain finishes filming in February).

Wow, that’s gonna be a big threat for every season it’ll be released. I really hope it’s going to be released for the next season because I want somebody else to win, but she also has another miniseries project, portraying a country singer, and I think that will start quite soon, so I think that it’s plausible to release Scenes From A Marriage at the end of this season to really add some Emmy buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really want Mare of Easttown to f*** off. I just want this to be a head to head between <i>I May Destroy You </i>and The Queen’s Gambit and I really want Coel to win the Actress and Writing Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just my thoughts, A Teacher ain’t going anywhere at the Emmys
    At the year we had I May Destroy You dealing with such care and love for how to threat abuse and rape, A Teacher is just destroying it all and I hope the Academy doesn’t even notice then.

Even if we put the show aside, the performances are not wow, they are both solid, but the others are way better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The new trailer for potential Movie nominee contender Doctor Who : Revolution of the Daleks also starring John Barrowman, Chris Noth and Harriet Walter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yFgYWAEFM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MKA2017
    Topics:

Anya IS the queens gambit, I think if she wins at the globes then she sweeps all the rest. The show has the momentum and is almost universally liked in large part due to her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Anya IS the queens gambit, I think if she wins at the globes then she sweeps all the rest. The show has the momentum and is almost universally liked in large part due to her performance.

Yep, the show without her magnific performance as Beth would miss a lot.

It’s funny cause i watched ‘The New Mutants’ today and she was so bad in it, what a good script and direction do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Gambit officially more imdb votes than Crown. Two historical fiction dramas hoping for Netflix’s first series win, only one of which has truly captured the zeitgeist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gambit officially more imdb votes than Crown. Two historical fiction dramas hoping for Netflix’s first series win, only one of which has truly captured the zeitgeist.

I’m sorry but are you saying that because The Crown has less votes on IMDB than The Queen’s Gambit that it hasn’t captured the zeitgeist.

I mean Gambit has captured the zeitgeist but this is absolutely ridiculous lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just finished The Undoing and… yeah there’s that, don’t want it to win the Globes or even be nominated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

What does “captured the zeitgeist” even mean? In the streaming era there will never be any tv series that truly penetrates mainstream culture again. Shows with high viewership are successes, yes, but the sheer structure of how television is consumed by people these days makes it very much possible for the majority to still be ignorant of something. It’s like what’s happened with music charts, you can very easily avoid having heard any of the songs on the Billboard Hot 100 that are supposedly breaking streaming records- anyone can just choose not to watch the things on Netflix’s top 10. It’s no longer the case as with cable where millions tuned in to watch tv at the same time and had to make do with whatever show was on at the time.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 306 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.