Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 510 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

So I guess we know that Camp is clearly the strongest of TQG’s men in the hunt for a nomination.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

It’s probably unlikely, but could Camp end up being ineligible at the Emmys? I believe he needs 5% screentime, which would roughly translate to 19-20 minutes. IMDb has him listed for four episodes, which surprised me since I thought he appeared in less.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

It’s probably unlikely, but could Camp end up being ineligible at the Emmys? I believe he needs 5% screentime, which would roughly translate to 19-20 minutes. IMDb has him listed for four episodes, which surprised me since I thought he appeared in less.

He’s effectively only in one episode. He has a wordless appearance in the second watching Beth leave, and then appears in a few brief flashbacks in two other episodes.

Profile picture
    Praise the Lourd
    Topics:

Actress 1. Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You 2. Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Cynthia Erivo, Genius : Aretha 4. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna 5. Thuso Mbedu, The Underground Railroad 6. Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown 7. Lydia West, It’s a Sin 8. Melissa McCarthy, Nine Perfect Strangers 9. Elizabeth Olsen, Wandavision 10. Nicole Kidman, Nine Perfect Strangers

I think Elizabeth Olsen will be much higher on the list, disney is gonna probably try a “make up” award strategy for Sorry For Your Loss.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He does need 5% screen time but I think he makes it (although I haven’t timed him on a stop watch). There are various (although brief) flashbacks that Taylor-Joy’s character has of him in episodes (hence why the has 4 episode credits) that should help him and he appears in the beginning of the second episode. He also may benefit from congruent screen time like John Leguizamo did (i.e. he needs to be in a scene even in the background to be eligible).

Someone whose eligibility I am questioning though is Neil Patrick Harris in It’s a Sin. I’ve timed him and whilst I’ve may have missed some congruent screen time he only appears in 4.5% of the show. It does seem like HBO Max are campaigning Harris (as evidenced by his presence on that Sundance panel) but I do wonder if he also benefits from congruent screen time or if HBO Max are trying to sneakily get away with pushing him for a nomination.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Supporting actress is a complete mystery. I’m guessing Marielle Heller,Weruche Opia and Noma Dumezweni are the only likely fall contenders.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Post Globe, WGA and SAG nominations predictions. Limited Series 1. The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix) 2. I May Destroy You (HBO) 3. Small Axe (Amazon) 4. It’s a Sin (HBO Max) 5. The Underground Railroad (Amazon) 6. Wandavision (Disney+) 7. Mare of Easttown (HBO) 8. Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) 9. Inventing Anna (Netflix) 10. The Serpent (Netflix) Actress 1. Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You 2. Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Cynthia Erivo, Genius : Aretha 4. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna 5. Thuso Mbedu, The Underground Railroad 6. Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown 7. Lydia West, It’s a Sin 8. Melissa McCarthy, Nine Perfect Strangers 9. Elizabeth Olsen, Wandavision 10. Nicole Kidman, Nine Perfect Strangers Actor 1. Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird 2. Ewan McGregor, Halston 3. Olly Alexander, It’s a Sin 4. Hugh Grant, The Undoing 5. Paul Bettany, Wandavision 6. Leslie Odom-Jr., Hamilton 7. Lin Manuel-Miranda, Hamilton 8. Tahar Rahim, The Serpent 9. Bryan Cranson, Your Honour 10. Jeff Daniels, The Comey Rule Supporting <b>Actress </b> 1. Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna 2. Marielle Heller, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Jean Smart, Mare of Easttown 4. Keeley Hawes, It’s a Sin 5. Weruche Opia, I May Destroy You 6. Amber Gray, The Underground Railroad 7. Jenna Coleman, The Serpent 8. Kathryn Hahn, Wandavision 9. Laverne Cox, Inventing Anna 10. Krysta Rodriguez, Halston Supporting Actor 1. John Boyega, Small Axe 2. Bill Camp, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Thomas Brodie-Sangster, The Queen’s Gambit 4. Shaun Parkes, Small Axe 5. Donald Sutherland, The Undoing 6. Paapa Essiedu, I May Destroy You 7. Joshua Caleb Johnson, The Good Lord Bird 8. Neil Patrick Harris, It’s a Sin 9. Joel Edgerton, The Underground Railroad 10. Callum Scott-Howells, It’s a Sin Writing 1. Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You 2. Scott Frank, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Russell T. Davies, It’s a Sin 4. Alistair Siddons and Steve McQueen, Small Axe (“Mangrove”) 5. Barry Jenkins, The Underground Railroad 6. Jac Shaeffer, Wandavision (“Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience”) 7. Bobak Esfarjani and Megan McDonnell, Wandavision (“We Interrupt This Program”) 8. Brad Ingelsby, Mare of Easttown 9. Mark Richard and Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird (“Last Words”) 10. Shonda Rhimes, Inventing Anna Directing 1. Steve McQueen, Small Axe 2. Scott Frank, The Queen’s Gambit 3. Barry Jenkins, The Underground Railroad 4. Matt Shakman, Wandavision 5. Michaela Coel and Sam Miller, I May Destroy You (“Ego Death”) 6. Peter Hoar, It’s a Sin 7. Gavin O’Connor, Mare of Easttown 8. David Frankel, Inventing Anna 9. Jonathan Levine, Nine Perfect Strangers 10. Tom Shankland, The Serpent (“Episode 1”)

ur leaving letitia wright out for small axe?

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Elizabeth Olsen will be much higher on the list, disney is gonna probably try a “make up” award strategy for Sorry For Your Loss.

I guess this is possible but the competition in that category is so tough! And with a lot off these performers delivering more conventional actors bait type performances it’s going to be a hard path for Olsen. A lot of shows will need to flop imo.

Supporting actress is a complete mystery. I’m guessing Marielle Heller,Weruche Opia and Noma Dumezweni are the only likely fall contenders.

Yeah Buckley and Wright seem DOA. I don’t know whether Dumezweni will make it to the Emmys (although she should because even though I didn’t like The <i>Undoing </i>she WAS outstanding).

I think Chlumsky is fairly safe as long as <i>Inventing Anna </i>doesn’t tank and that if Alexander is winning or It’s a Sin gets into Limited Series that Hawes should be a safe bet for supporting actress (you’ll know what I mean when you see the show). I can see either of those two ladies become win competitive

Moses Ingram I suppose is a possibility if The Queen’s Gambit really over-performs and Jean Smart should never be ignored. I am not buying Lily Rabe for either of her shows. If The Serpent does well Jenna Coleman should be a contender. Time will tell with Nine Perfect Strangers. Krysta Rodriguez is playing Liza Minnelli in Halston.

ur leaving letitia wright out for small axe?

She missed SAG, Globe and CC nominations and it doesn’t help that people now think she’s a crazy religious transphobe anti vaxxer.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

SAG loves Julia Garner and now Shonda Rhimes produced Bridgerton. I can’t imagine the reaction once Inventing Anna comes out.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

G+S Mini/Film – Grant, Hawke, Ruffalo

Blanchett, Kidman, Taylor-Joy

Rankings amongst miniseries/movies on critics’ T10 lists: #2 Queen’s Gambit, #4 Mrs America, #5 Good Lord Bird, n/a Undoing, n/a I Know This Much is True

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Supporting actress is a complete mystery. I’m guessing Marielle Heller,Weruche Opia and Noma Dumezweni are the only likely fall contenders.

I think none are happening.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

2022 is a bloodbath Renée Zellweger To Star In NBC True-Crime Limited Series ‘The Thing About Pam’ From Blumhouse

Well her last miniseries was a complete flop.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Well her last miniseries was a complete flop.

What/If was destined to be a flop
    This one looks a lot more bait-y

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What/If was destined to be a flop This one looks a lot more bait-y

That is true it looks a lot more baity but it is also on NBC.

I love Renee and I think she’s an underrated actor but I am sceptical. She’s a big name for NBC but also can an NBC miniseries stand a chance at all at the Emmys? Law and Order : The Menendez Murders was essentially filler.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.