Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Where’s that person who kept yelling that Queen’s Gambit is weak compared to Undoing b/c the Globes liked the latter’s (previously many time award nominated) cast more?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Post Golden Globes Predictions.

Limited Series

1. I May Destroy You (HBO)
    2. The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)
    3. The Underground Railroad (Amazon)
    4. Small Axe (Amazon)
    5. It’s a Sin (HBO Max)

————————————————-

6. Wandavision (Disney+)
    7. Inventing Anna (Netflix)
    8. Genius : Aretha (NatGeo)
    9. Mare of Easttown (HBO)
    10. The Good Lord Bird (Showtime)

TV Movie

1. No Sudden Move (HBO Max)
    2. Sylvie’s Love (Amazon)
    3. Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square (Netflix)
    4. Uncle Frank (Amazon)
    5. Euphoria : Jules (HBO)

————————————————-

6. Euphoria : Rue (HBO)
    7. Doctor Who : Revolution of the Daleks (BBC America)
    8. Black Narcissus (FX)

Actor

1. Ewan McGregor, Simply Halston
    2. Olly Alexander, It’s a Sin
    3. Aaron Pierre, The Underground Railroad
    4. Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    5. Paul Bettany, Wandavision

————————————————-

6. Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird
    7. Leslie Odom-Jr., Hamilton
    8. Tahar Rahim, The Serpent
    9. Lin Manuel-Miranda, Hamilton
    10. Bryan Cranston, Your Honour

Actress

1. Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
    2. Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit
    3. Thuso Mbedu, The Underground Railroad
    4. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna
    5. Cynthia Erivo, Genius : Aretha

————————————————-

6. Elizabeth Olsen, Wandavision
    7. Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown
    8. Lydia West, It’s a Sin
    9. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    10. Tessa Thompson, Sylvie’s Love

S. Actor

1. John Boyega, Small Axe
    2. Bill Camp, The Queen’s Gambit
    3. Thomas Brodie-Sangster, The Queen’s Gambit
    4. Joel Edgerton, The Underground Railroad
    5. Courtney B. Vance, Genius : Aretha
    6. Shaun Parkes, Small Axe

————————————————-

7. Paapa Essiedu, I May Destroy You
    8. Damon Herriman, The Underground Railroad
    9. Guy Pearce, Mare of Easttown
    10. Donald Sutherland, The Undoing

S. Actress

1. Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna
    2. Marielle Heller, The Queen’s Gambit
    3. Kathryn Hahn, Wandavision
    4. Jean Smart, Mare of Easttown
    5. Amber Gray, The Underground Railroad
    6. Keeley Hawes, It’s a Sin

————————————————-

7. Weruche Opia, I May Destroy You
    8. Lily Rabe, The Underground Railroad
    9. Laverne Cox, Inventing Anna
    10. Moses Ingram, The Queen’s Gambit

Writing

1. Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You
    2. Barry Jenkins, The Underground Railroad
    3. Russell T. Davies, It’s a Sin
    4. Scott Frank, The Queen’s Gambit
    5. Alistair Siddons and Steve McQueen, Small Axe (“Mangrove”)

————————————————-

6. Bobak Esfarjani and Megan McDonnell, Wandavision (“We Interrupt This Program”)
    7. Shonda Rhimes, Inventing Anna
    8. Jac Shaeffer, Wandavision (“Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience”)
    9. Ethan Hawke and Mark Richard, The Good Lord Bird (“Last Words”)
    10. Cameron Squires, Wandavision (“Previously On”)

Directing

1. Steve McQueen, Small Axe
    2. Barry Jenkins, The Underground Railroad
    3. Scott Frank, The Queen’s Gambit
    4. Matt Shakman, Wandavision
    5. Michaela Coel and Sam Miller, I May Destroy You (“Ego Death”)
    6. Peter Hoar, It’s a Sin

————————————————-

7. David Frankel, Inventing Anna
    8. Craig Zobel, Mare of Easttown
    9. Susanne Bier, The Undoing
    10. Tom Shankland, The Serpent (“Episode 1”)

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Anya’s coming for her THINGS.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I know it’s completely dependent on The Serpent being a hit in the US (it smashed in the UK already), but if Rahim gets the Oscar nom for The Mauritanian, I definitely think he’s in. It’s not the type of performance that wins though.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Tahar Rahim could very realistically bump one of Hawke or Grant out. I feel like those two are in danger of ending up like Russell Crowe and Emma Stone as the big A listers who are in limited series over the Summer/Autumn who don’t win anything at the winter awards and are in danger of being bumped out by Spring contenders. At the moment I have Hawke out because of David E. Kelley’s record at getting actors nominated but Grant is falling behind here. I think Nicole Kidman is out.

I think at the moment Olly Alexander and Ewan McGregor have to be the frontrunners no? The former would continue the trend of young actors winning this category and his show has now started to pick up steam in the US with audiences and the industry and the latter has a baity transformative performance (a bit like Ruffalo last year although I don’t expect Simply Halston to be a very serious drama).

The real question will be where Amazon submits John Boyega because I feel pretty confident about him winning.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>Scenes From a</i> Marriage, Hacks (the new Jean Smart sitcom) and Succession are in HBO’s latest “coming soon” trailer released today.

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Where’s that person who kept yelling that Queen’s Gambit is weak compared to Undoing b/c the Globes liked the latter’s (previously many time award nominated) cast more?

That person would be me. And I never once said The Queen’s Gambit couldn’t win Limited series, only presented alternative scenarios where another show could (it’s a novel concept called “debate”). And I always had Anya Taylor-Joy as the favorite to win the Globe.

Jesus, you Queen’s Gambit cultists are so insecure.LOL! Be happy that an organisation of 87 foreign “journalists” susceptible to bribes and currently lacking in serious credibility and black members gave your favorite show a trophy, instead of playing “I told you so”, when I never actually said your favorite show couldn’t win with this corrupt and disproportionately recognised awards body. I still don’t think the Globes victories will have any decisive effect on the Emmys outcome (especially with the Globes currently credibility problems). But congrats to Taylor-Joy and The Queen’s Gambit I guess. And I’m genuiney happy for Taylor-Joy as I think in her Globes group, she was a deserving winner (even if winning a Globe feels more meaningless than ever thanks to recent revelations. Seriously, who are these HFPA people and why are their opinions on who to award given so much value?). I think she will have her work cut out to defeat Elizabeth Olsen for the Emmy and other shows where they are both eligible,but that is something for future discussions.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

<i>Scenes From a</i> Marriage, Hacks (the new Jean Smart sitcom) and Succession are in HBO’s latest “coming soon” trailer released today.

I think the trailer is for the rest of 2021 not for spring only. HBO is not going to suddenly announce a spring date for Scenes From A Marriage. It will probably debut on summer or fall.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Jane Fonda shouted out IMDY in her Globes speech. The industry is sooo behind this show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who are you guys predicting for Limited/Movie Actor?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Tentatively Ewan McGregor. He seems like he’s at a point in his career where it would make sense for him to win an Emmy, and none of the other contenders really feel like winners. This current lineup feels like one ripe for someone with a ton of buzz or acclaim to suddenly drop in, but unless there’s a show that’s totally not on our radar, it doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen.

Alexander has potential, and he would fit what this category has usually been trending towards, but while there’s hype around It’s a Sin, there doesn’t seem to be quite as much directed towards him specifically (at least not on the same level as Jerome, Ahmed, or Criss).

I think the typical winners in the Limited lead categories will swap this year, with Taylor-Joy being that hot young star slot.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Post Golden Globes Predictions. Limited Series 1. I May Destroy You (HBO) 2. The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix) 3. The Underground Railroad (Amazon) 4. Small Axe (Amazon) 5. It’s a Sin (HBO Max) ————————————————- 6. Wandavision (Disney+)

That’s exactly why I think WandaVision should switch to comedy.

Actor 1. Ewan McGregor, Simply Halston 2. Olly Alexander, It’s a Sin 3. Aaron Pierre, The Underground Railroad 4. Hugh Grant, The Undoing 5. Paul Bettany, Wandavision ————————————————- 6. Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird

You are forgetting The Good Lord Bird‘s AFI citation, that guarantees a major nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I have McGregor too. The only thing I am worried about him winning is the Ryan Murphy of it all. He’s good at getting nominations but the quality of his work has dropped quite significantly and critics aren’t really kind to him. Was Darren Criss the last actor to win for one of his projects? I guess McGregor could pull a Ruffalo (which is what I am prediction).

And I totally agree about Olly Alexander. He has gotten some attention and would probably be the likeliest of the It’s a Sin cast to win (he has the weakest category) but he’s gotten less attention than both Lydia West and Keeley Hawes have for this. He feels like the Daisy Edgar-Jones of this show except unlike her, he will get nominated. I guess he could win if McGregor flops? Idk.

I think the problem in this category is that there doesn’t really seem to be anyone to fall back upon.  McGregor is still unseen, Alexander is weaker than his co-stars,  a performance like Rahim’s has never won an Emmy, it feels like Grant and Hawke are finished for the win if Ruffalo is sweeping and Bettany isn’t winning in a million years.

John Boyega should go lead.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Indira Varma (Game of Thrones, Rome) in the cast of Obi-Wan Kenobi: https://deadline.com/2021/03/obi-wan-kenobi-series-star-wars-game-of-thrones-indira-varma-disney-plus-1234704207/

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Was Darren Criss the last actor to win for one of his projects?

Porter was the last one in 2019.

But his projects get consistent wins every other year.

Full Murphy wins

2010 – Jane Lynch and Neil Patrick Harris (Glee)
    2011 – Gwyneth Paltrow (Glee)
    2012 – Jessica Lange (Murder House)
    2013 – James Cromwell (Asylum)
    2014 – Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates (Coven)
    2016 – Courtney B. Vance, Sarah Paulson and Sterling K. Brown (O.J)
    2018 – Darren Criss (Versace)
    2019 – Billy Porter (Pose)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.