Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Erivo’s campaign has started

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

IIs this a potential contender to win TV movie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4WWzXKQ3S/

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

IIs this a potential contender to win TV movie? https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4WWzXKQ3S/

As far as I know, tv musicals and plays compete at variety special. I may be wrong though.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Unless they take more liberties than the book material, The Underground Railroad is unlikely to have a male lead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If that’s the case then it does look like we’re headed for a top 6 of Alexander, Bettany, Grant, Hawke, McGregor and Rahim.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Having just finished It’s a Sin, I now definitely WANT Keeley Hawes to be nominated, but I’m less convinced that she will. Her performance in the last episode is absolutely phenomenal, completely win-worthy. With the nominees I’ve personally seen up until now, I’m rooting for her to take it.

However, because her role is largely unremarkable and removed from the main plot until that last episode, I worry that viewers who haven’t seen the series in its entirety (or at all) won’t know to vote for her. A bit of a Pelphrey/Paulson/Mbatha-Raw situation where it all hinges on voters having seen pretty much the whole season. She does benefit from the fact that it was an all-at-once drop and only five episodes, so it’s much easier for viewers than the three aforementioned shows.

Normally I wouldn’t be overthinking about this, but the last time Hawes was in contention for a fairly limited role in a buzzy British series, she didn’t end up making it. And at that time she had it easier, featuring in the first half of the season. I’ll wait to see how big IaS can manage to get, and how much of a splash Mare of Easttown, The Underground Railroad, and Nine Perfect Strangers make, but while I am much more excited about her now, I think she’s on the bubble.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Erivo’s campaign has started

And Genius has got Disney money behind it now, and she has the benefit of being before J-HUD.

Get ready y’all, she’s coming.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I have similar fears about Hawes. It’s a phenomenal performance and one that’s undeniable for the nod… but if voters see the episode.

I do think what helps her is that like you said It’s a Sin is a much shorter show than those you’ve mentioned and has dropped all at once in February. Which should give some time for those Emmy voters who haven’t binged (we know some already have) to see the finale.

What does hurt her is not only what you said Heptapod about the possibility that people like Jean Smart (Mare of Easttown) and Amber Gray (The Underground Railroad) might end up being ahead of her (I’m sure Nine Perfect Strangers will miss eligibility) and getting more buzz whilst some voters still leave the last episode of It’s a Sin unwatched. There is also the possibility of Lydia West (who has the most buzz and acclaim of all the cast members) going supporting which would hurt Hawes’ chances at a nomination and a win.

She could get snubbed but I think if she gets nominated (and West is snubbed somehow or goes lead) then she’s probably top 3 for the win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the moment I’d say the win in each category is between:

Series: I May Destroy You vs The Queen’s Gambit
    Actor: Olly Alexander vs Ewan McGregor
    Actress: Michaela Coel vs Anya Taylor-Joy
    S. Actor: John Boyega vs Aaron Pierre
    S. Actress: Anna Chlumsky vs Kathryn Hahn vs Keeley Hawes/Lydia West
    Writing: I May Destroy You vs I May Destroy You
    Directing: Small Axe vs The Queen’s Gambit

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

AHS10 still of Frances Conroy in the new FX on Hulu ad

Conroy

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

“It’s a Sin” should literally win all the Emmys it is eligible for. Utterly brilliant.

Profile picture
    namarang
    Topics:

Women’s Industry Network Opens Registration for Collision Repair Student Scholarship Walk Fundraiser

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ngl I can’t wait to see the nicknames Thatcher comes up with this year’s Emmy contenders. Dancing Emma, Horrible O’Connor, Prime Minister Gillian, Doctor Aduba, Prodigy Anya, Coach Sudeikis, Drunk Cuoco, Great Fanning, Sexy Alexander, Designer McGregor, Cackling Hahn…

…the potential is there lol.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I found this article quite cool about WandaVision and how you can watch it without being all in on the MCU

If any of you are interested and see it but don’t wanna see the movies.

Yes, You Can Enjoy WandaVision, Even if You Don’t Watch Marvel Movies

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Landed on Marvel TikTok a few days ago and it’s full of fans complaining about the “New Fans” / “Wanda Fans”, (seen WandaVision but nothing else).

So not surprised to see more people / general audiences are watching it without the seeing the past 25(ish) films.

That’s kinda the beauty of streaming shows, even if it’s IP heavily, general audiences usually take to them pretty easy, just look at The Mandalorian, Hannibal, High School Musical (The Musical The Series), Cobra Kai, Love Victor, What We Do in the Shadows, Watchmen etc.

Weren’t the Netflix shows (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage etc), watched liked that as well?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.