Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gosh these stans literally fulfil the definition of both toxic and pretentious stans lmao.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Weren’t the Netflix shows (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage etc) watched liked that as well?

They were, obviously in a smaller degree but still.
    Some marvel fans like to appear as a superior for watching anything

I do watched every single thing they launched since iron man, but hey, i will be glad for people who come and watch one show or movie alone.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

So I think I am going to take <i>Inventing Anna </i>out of my predictions. Sure Garner has moved on to shooting Ozark but she’s JUST moved on to shooting the show. And <i>Inventing Anna </i>only had a few episodes in the can before the shutdown

I actually realised a race without Garner in Actress and Chlumsky in S. Actress makes things interesting. It opens up the latter category and unless any contenders surprise it gives us a clear top 8 in Coel, Erivo, Kidman, Mbedu, Olsen, Taylor-Joy, West and Winslet (not in that exact order though of course) in Actress.

Did netflix had a TCA day?

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Did netflix had a TCA day?

Nope. They are skipping TCA like they skipped the festival circuit for films this year.

My main concern for <i>Inventing Anna </i>is that we keep getting murmurs of it “having just started post production” and that it could be delayed till the second half of the year (some publications have reported that but it does feel like hearsay). The Serpent we know is coming in April. Simply Halston only had one episode left to shoot and they’ve shot that whilst the rest of the show was completed in post production during the lockdown so I’m sure that’s probably making the cut.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Those of you predicting It’s a Sin how are you placing Lydia West? I feel very conflicted. She’s the one who has been attracting the most buzz and attention in terms of the show’s cast but she has the most competitive category. I feel like Olly Alexander is in based on the show’s buzz and the weakness of his category and that the show possibly being top 10 in series should propel her in the top 10 of the Actress category but idk? I guess we’ll have to wait out and see how strong It’s a Sin is? It feels like she should make it in as she’d probably receive the most votes out of the cast members but who would she bump out lol?

It would completely screw Hawes’ chances and it would make me slightly mad because I prefer Hawes’ performance to hers but she should really drop down to supporting like Sarah Snook and Matt Smith did lol.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Is there any information on Amy Adams’ and Adam McKay’s Kings of America distributed by Netflix? It sounds incredibly exciting and baity, and not to mention three central female performances.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised The Untied States vs Billie Holiday and Genius : Aretha are written by the same person…

…oh dear

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Help 💀

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Billie Holliday

Who?😉

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Help 💀

Ikr. And to think the person who wrote both BH and Genius is a Pulitzer winner 💀💀💀.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I just realised The Untied States vs Billie Holiday and Genius : Aretha are written by the same person… …oh dear

I knew this months ago but didn’t want to bring it to here since black women rarely become showrunners and their shows rarely get Emmys buzz. We shouldn’t create negative buzz when we know nothing about the quality. Just because her previous work had a mixed reception doesn’t mean this will definitely be received mixed as well. Chernobyl’s writer is a great example for this.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The trailer for <i>The Serpent </i>is out.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I just realised The Untied States vs Billie Holiday and Genius : Aretha are written by the same person…

…oh dear

And 2019’s Native Son and Spike Lee’s Girl 6.

For such an acclaimed playwright, Parks’ film work has been, let’s say, less than great.

Confident in Aretha though, she / the show have got everything going in her / it’s favor. And we just saw with Chernobyl how writers with less than great film work produce outstanding television

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Legend Fonda inadvertently helping Steve McQueen get his Emmy.

https://twitter.com/Janefonda/status/1366400878933065732

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Edie Falco will play Hillary Clinton in ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story’.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.