Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s also the main push of the FX/Hulu/NatGeo family this year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, did anyone here watch the other seasons of Genius? Are they good?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, did anyone here watch the other seasons of Genius? Are they good?

I did
    Einstein is ok, Picasso is saved by a talented cast but it’s not that great.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Oddly confident in Genuis‘ quality this time around, Lori-Parks has a less then impressive track record in film, but her theatre work is outstanding. And this is clearly a project she’s passionate about to serve as showrunner, EP and headwriter.

Let’s not forget Chernobyl was the lovechild of the writer Scary Movie 4, Hangover II and Snow White’s Huntsmen.

(Plus it’s got Disney money behind it now and a more visible platform on next day Hulu)

Emmys FYC: Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien”, Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie”, Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live”, Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn”

“Dickinson”, “P-Valley”, “Pose” & “Superstore” in all categories

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Yay for WandaVision!!!

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Of course this may change if Inventing Anna or Scenes From a Marriage magically make eligibility or something like Simply Halston actually ends up being acclaimed but I’m feeling fairly confident at this moment in time that we’re headed for a lineup of I May Destroy YouThe Queen’s Gambit, <i>The Underground </i><i>Railroad </i>and Wandavision. That is barring any shock twists along this season.

I think the last spot will probably end up being a fight between Genius : ArethaIt’s a SinMare of EasttownSmall Axe and The Undoing. I don’t think The Serpent will be a Series player (I think it could be a very big acting, directing and technicals player). Same with Halston. I also am not considering The Good Lord Bird in Series anymore after it missed PGA today.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

The DGA nom was pretty impressive for Wanda. I think it’ll do pretty well

hopefully Olsen saves us from Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sadly the only person I think can stop Taylor-Joy is Erivo.

That is if Anya wins over Michaela at SAG as expected.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Olsen is not going to stop the Taylor-Joy train. That’s like saying Phoebe Dynevor will win over Emma Corrin.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Critics’ Choice and Golden Globes are more known to public than the guilds are, and all nominated Small Axe. Imagine the backlash Academy would receive if they snub Small Axe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point I think even if I May Destroy You somehow magics a Series win that Taylor-Joy is not going to lose.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

The DGA nom was pretty impressive for Wanda. I think it’ll do pretty well hopefully Olsen saves us from Taylor-Joy

What’s wrong with Anya winning it? She was fuc*ing magnificent in The Queen’s Gambit! There was no expectation that this show will go on as Netflix’s most successful mini series of all time. All her wins so far = well deserved.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Both were inspired choices. I don’t see where this Anya Taylor Joy/The Queen’s Gambit hate is coming from. This is literally the only place I see people complaining about them. The show was a cultural hit, made chessboard’ sales arise and the book became a best seller instantly. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, with people dying and losing their loved ones. The Queen’s Gambit was incredibly fun and entertaining and satisfying and it’s perfectly fine and understandable that people are voting for TQG instead of I May Destroy You, a great show, but a dark comedy with touching subjects, which usually triggers some people. And we’re in a pandemic. I May Destroy You won’t be the first nor the last show to be in this kinda of situation. Like I said before, The Wire, possibly the greatest TV show of all time, has only two nominations. Plus: Anya has been seen as a soon to be star since The Witch. They’re now confirming this status and I doubt they will hesitate. Just like they did with Zendaya.

They hate Anya/The Queen’s Gambit because some posters here got exposed for being fraud with their so called predictions. LMAO. Imagine a mini series about chess owning the awards season so far. LMAO!

Instead of making a prediction, it is more about personal biases and agenda. And it’s laughable.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Both were inspired choices. I don’t see where this Anya Taylor Joy/The Queen’s Gambit hate is coming from. This is literally the only place I see people complaining about them.

The show was a cultural hit, made chessboard’ sales arise and the book became a best seller instantly. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, with people dying and losing their loved ones. The Queen’s Gambit was incredibly fun and entertaining and satisfying and it’s perfectly fine and understandable that people are voting for TQG instead of I May Destroy You, a great show, but a dark comedy with touching subjects, which usually triggers some people. And we’re in a pandemic.

I May Destroy You won’t be the first nor the last show to be in this kinda of situation. Like I said before, The Wire, possibly the greatest TV show of all time, has only two nominations.

Plus: Anya has been seen as a soon to be star since The Witch. They’re now confirming this status and I doubt they will hesitate. Just like they did with Zendaya.

And Zendaya also had the baggage of still being on Disney Channel literally 18 months before Euphoria premiered, in a teen summer show, that only got CC for herself, that only got a second wind because of lockdown viewing.

ATJ has be an indie film darling since 2016, the followup to 2x acting winning miniseries and is currently sweeping the winter awards in the most watched and popular show in YEARS. She’s in a far better position that Zendaya ever was.

Right now, only Erivo & Olsen can beat ATJ imo.

Emmys FYC: Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien”, Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie”, Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live”, Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn”

“Dickinson”, “P-Valley”, “Pose” & “Superstore” in all categories

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Amazon has a new seasonal anthology horror series called THEM from producer Lena Waithe on April 9. The trailer looks so good!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.