Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

And Zendaya also had the baggage of still being on Disney Channel literally 18 months before Euphoria premiered, in a teen summer show, that only got CC for herself, that only got a second wind because of lockdown viewing. ATJ has be an indie film darling since 2016, the followup to 2x acting winning miniseries and is currently sweeping the winter awards in the most watched and popular show in YEARS. She’s in a far better position that Zendaya ever was. Right now, only Erivo & Olsen can beat ATJ imo.

Not if Chastain miraculously makes it into the eligibility date and uses her card, overdue (+HBO).

I believe Erivo and Olsen won’t have that much love to overthrow ATJ, though. Netflix really campaigns the hell out of her and is really ambitious with these two shows because for so long they’ve been shutted.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Olsen is not going to stop the Taylor-Joy train. That’s like saying Phoebe Dynevor will win over Emma Corrin.

I understand what you meant but please don’t compare Olsen to Dynevor ever again!!! That is an atrocious crime.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

“The BBC has announced the cast for SAS: Rogue Heroes, Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight’s dramatized account of how Britain’s Special Forces unit was formed in the darkest days of World War Two.

Connor Swindells (Sex Education) will play David Stirling, with Jack O’Connell (The North Water) as Paddy Mayne, Alfie Allen (Game Of Thrones) as Jock Lewes, and Sofia Boutella (Modern Love) as Eve. Dominic West (The Wire) will play Lieutenant Colonel Wrangel Clarke.

SAS: Rogue Heroes centers on Stirling, an eccentric young officer, hospitalized after a training exercise went wrong. Convinced that traditional commando units don’t work, he creates a radical plan that flies in the face of all accepted rules of modern warfare. He fights for permission to recruit the toughest, boldest, and brightest soldiers for a small undercover unit that will create mayhem behind enemy lines.”

https://deadline.com/2021/03/sas-rogue-heroes-cast-jack-oconnell-alfie-allen-dominic-west-1234709813/

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

SAS: Rogue Heroes,

This sounds like a parody.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Olsen is not going to stop the Taylor-Joy train. That’s like saying Phoebe Dynevor will win over Emma Corrin.

No because Olsen actually has the performance over Atj, while Emma is sti better than Phoebe

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

ATJ’s performance is better than Olsen’s so no.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I understand what you meant but please don’t compare Olsen to Dynevor ever again!!! That is an atrocious crime.

I wouldn’t want to compare their performances, I’m one of the biggest Bridgerton denouncers here hahaha

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ryan Murphy seems to be getting into a lot of trouble.

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1369470345590300673

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

People are ridiculous. The kid is 5 years old. Murphy has over a decade to sort out his college fund.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Natalie Portman, Lupita Nyong’o Lead Apple’s Lady in the Lake Adaptation.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/10/natalie-portman-lupita-nyongo-lady-in-the-lake-adaptation-apple/

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So after missing the Costume Designers Guild and the Art Directors Guild award, The Undoing has now missed the American Society of Cinematographers.

https://theasc.com/news/asc-announces-2021-awards-nominees

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

So after missing the Costume Designers Guild and the Art Directors Guild award, The Undoing has now missed the American Society of Cinematographers.

https://theasc.com/news/asc-announces-2021-awards-nominees

The Undoing really is shaping up to an actors only thing, huh.

Off topic but I can’t believe Watchmen is still eligible here.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Claire Foy and Paul Bettany to star in the second instalment of A Very English Scandal.

The queen is coming for her second Emmy.

EDIT: Just realised that if it comes for the 2022 Emmys she’s going to be competing in an Emmy race with Olivia Colman!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

1st Day Prediction Centre Odds

SERIES

01. The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix) (12/1)
    02. Small Axe (Prime Video) (15/1)
    03. I May Destroy You (HBO) (16/1)
    04. WandaVision (Disney+) (22/1)
    05. The Underground Railroad (Prime Video) (25/1)

06. The Undoing (HBO) (52/1)
    07. Genius: Aretha (National Geographic) (64/1)
    08. It’s a Sin (HBO Max (89/1)
    09. Mare of Easttown (HBO) (100/1)
    10. Inventing Anna (Netflix) (100/1)

MOVIE

01. Euphoria Special (HBO) (14/1)
    02. Sylvie’s Love (Prime Video) (14/1)
    03. Uncle Frank (Prime Video) (16/1)
    04. Christmas on the Square (Netflix) (22/1
    05. What the Constitution Means to Me (Prime Video) (33/1)

06. The Mahalia Jackson Story (Lifetime) (37/1)
    07. Doctor Who (BBC America) (80/1)
    08. Black Narcissus (FX) (100/1)
    09. Clouds (Disney+) (100/1)
    10. An American Pickle (HBO Max) (100/1)

ACTOR

01. Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird (13/1)
    02. Hugh Grant – The Undoing (14/1)
    03. Lin-Manuel Miranda – Hamilton (22/1)
    04. Jeff Daniels – The Comey Rule (25/1)
    05. Paul Bettany – WandaVision (28/1)

06. Leslie Odom, Jr. – Hamilton (30/1)
    07. Bryan Cranston – Your Honor (75/1)
    08. Chris Rock – Fargo (92/1)
    09. Olly Alexander – It’s a Sin (100/1)
    10. Ewan McGregor – Simply Halston (100/1)
    11. Tahar Rahim – The Serpent (100/1)
    12. Paul Bettany – Uncle Frank (100/1)

ACTRESS

01. Anya Taylor-Joy – The Queen’s Gambit (12/1)
    02. Michaela Coel – I May Destroy You (16/1)
    03. Cynthia Erivo – Genius: Aretha (18/1)
    04. Nicole Kidman – The Undoing (25/1)
    05. Elizabeth Olsen – WandaVision (25/1)

06. Zendaya – Euphoria Special (30/1)
    07. Kate Winslet – Mare of Easttown (60/1)
    08. Thuso Mbedu – The Underground Railroad (100/1)
    09. Julia Garner –Inventing Anna (100/1)
    10. Lydia West – It’s a Sin (100/1)
    11. Tessa Thompson – Sylvie’s Love (100/1)
    12. Kate Mara – A Teacher (100/1)

SUP. ACTOR

01. John Boyega – Small Axe (13/1)
    02. Brendan Gleeson – The Comey Rule (18/1)
    03. Donald Sutherland – The Undoing (18/1)
    04. Bill Camp – The Queen’s Gambit (22/1)
    05. Daveed Diggs – Hamilton (25/1)
    06. Courtney B. Vance –Genius: Aretha (54/1)

07. Glynn Turman – Fargo (89/1)
    08. William Jackson Harper – The Underground Railroad (100/1)
    09. Shaun Parkes – Small Axe (100/1)
    10. Neil Patrick Harris – It’s a Sin (100)
    11. Joel Edgerton – The Underground Railroad (100/1)
    12. Malachi Kirby – Small Axe (100/1)

SUP. ACTRESS

01. Marielle Heller – The Queen’s Gambit (14/1)
    02. Letitia Wright – Small Axe (16/1)
    03. Kathryn Hahn – WandaVision (18/1)
    04. Renee Elise Goldsberry – Hamilton (30/1)
    05. Jessie Buckley – Fargo (37/1)
    06. Phillipa Soo – Hamilton (46/1)

07. Holly Hunter – The Comey Rule (75/1)
    08. Teyonah Parris – WandaVision (87/1)
    09. Amber Gray – The Underground Railroad (100/1)
    10. Weruche Opia – I May Destroy You (100/1)
    11. Keeley Hawes – It’s a Sin (100/1)
    12. Lily Rabe – The Underground Railroad (100/1)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Olly Alexander and Ewan McGregor being behind the likes of Jeff Daniels and Chris Rock for shows that flopped at the winter awards feels weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.