Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 526 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Wow, I was expecting a much worse metascore for Aretha.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s weird as well because these reviews aren’t raves and do seem to suggest a lot of criticisms around the storytelling and casting of some of the non Erivo and Vance performers.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I mean, it does only have six reviews right now doesn’t it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean, it does only have six reviews right now doesn’t it?

Well the previous season only had 10 reviews so take from that what you will. It has started off better than I was anticipating as someone predicting the show to be shut out above the line.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

@9, I noticed you mentioned Camp earlier. I tried counting his screentime when the SAG nominations dropped, but I’m not confident in my amateurish calculations. I’d appreciate it you could try it, since it appears that he needs around 8 minutes to qualify.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Alright.

Riley do you know when the Mare of Easttown embargo is lifting?

No, they have not sent out any episodes yet.

Profile picture
    DayneOfStarfall
    Topics:

Based on the early reviews for the first episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I think it’s safe to say that WandaVision isn’t going to have problems competing for votes with it in the main categories. A lot of the reviews compare it unfavorably to WandaVision and state that it just doesn’t break the mold in comparison.

However, I still think it’s very reasonable to assume that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be competitive in the Creative Arts categories like The Mandolorian was.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No, they have not sent out any episodes yet.

Interesting! The reviews for The Undoing came out a full two weeks before the show premiered and we’re around four weeks from <i>Mare of Easttown </i>premiering. So if HBO don’t send out episodes soon, then I wonder if they will push it back to the Autumn like they did with <i>The Undoing</i>?

Based on the early reviews for the first episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I think it’s safe to say that WandaVision isn’t going to have problems competing for votes with it in the main categories. A lot of the reviews compare it unfavorably to WandaVision and state that it just doesn’t break the mold in comparison. However, I still think it’s very reasonable to assume that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be competitive in the Creative Arts categories like The Mandolorian was.

I don’t think Wandavision‘s problem would be competing with <i>Falcon </i>for votes but more that with <i>Falcon and the Winter Soldier </i>airing now and then <i>Loki </i>airing in June, Emmy voters might forget about the show and see it as “one of those Marvel shows that aired this year”.

That being said with a DGA nom already under its belt being a sign of strength, I do think Wandavision will do well at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Russell T. Davies was on THR TV’s Top 5 podcast recently and praised WandaVision for (I’m paraphrasing) “being an exceptional portrait of mourning, convincing him that Olsen isn’t a terrible actress and being surprised it came from a Marvel show of all places”.

(He also compared it’s writing to I May Destroy You and I Hate Suzie).

WandaVision seems fine and not tainted by the “marvel-ness” of it. Similar to how Black Panther still chugged along towards the Oscars despite Infinity War & Ant-Man 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve slotted Moses Ingram in. Limited Series frontrunners tend to manage to perform quite well in the supporting categories (look at Watchmen, OJ Simpson or Versace) and we know actors like <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>from Bill Camp’s nomination at SAG. She’s a rising star who is going to be in Frances McDormand and Joel Cohen’s Macbeth this year and she also has the advantage that she plays her character throughout the entire show (from when she’s around eleven to thirty).

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

i think this is limited but i could be wrong

BAFTA-Nominated ‘Rocks’ Actor Bukky Bakray to Star in BBC and Netflix Drama ‘You Don’t Know Me’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Variety

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

She’s staying booked and busy, you love to see it.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I’ve slotted Moses Ingram in. Limited Series frontrunners tend to manage to perform quite well in the supporting categories (look at Watchmen, OJ Simpson or Versace) and we know actors like <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>from Bill Camp’s nomination at SAG. She’s a rising star who is going to be in Frances McDormand and Joel Cohen’s Macbeth this year and she also has the advantage that she plays her character throughout the entire show (from when she’s around eleven to thirty).

Wait she was meant to be 11? 💀

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s time for the annual if could nominate any 5 performers for the first time this season who have been in a limited series/movie you’ve seen, who would you pick?

Here’s mine from what I’ve seen so far. I invite you all to pick who you would like to see nominated for the first time for acting this year.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Seeing this Keeley Hawes gif reminds me of how much I hated Bodyguard. So much potential, a great actress and a great character, and they did what they did so they could throw the “woman have to die to develop the male character” bullshit. What a wasted opportunity.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.