Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 526 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

ATJ getting all the trashy comments here like she didn’t deserve all these awards when in fact The Queen’s Gambit is fu*king well received even had better ratings from critics and getting the popularity that no one expect. She earned it.

I hope she wins that Emmy just to see these frauds here go cry and b*tch the whole year and if she doesn’t then it’s ok. Just the amount of the trashy comments here like it’s the end of the world if she sweeps. Heck even trying desperately comparing her to some of her seniors (hilarious) and b*tching like her character it’s not complex enough. LMAO.

No need to be this loud.
    But i agree, not wanting her to win is like the new trending on this forum, and it’s just because the show became so massive. When it first premiered almost everyone praised her and said she deserved awards.
    Now that she’s winning people are mad? I don’t know.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

No need to be this loud. But i agree, not wanting her to win is like the new trending on this forum, and it’s just because the show became so massive. When it first premiered almost everyone praised her and said she deserved awards. Now that she’s winning people are mad? I don’t know.

I called it being bipolar.

I mean if she sweeps, so what? This is not like all shocking all of a sudden when in fact she’s predicted to win these awards.

And people here really care about Winslet winning an award again? She has nothing to prove. The same goes to Cate and Nicole.

This is more salty reaction that Coel didn’t win. Even though she also deserve it. Like every nominated actress in this category. But it’s not end of the world if Anya sweeps. It’s just funny how salty some posters here every time Anya wins. Lol. Her fellow actors already gave her the nod via SAG, same from the Globes and Critics Choice.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Like, don’t get me wrong T-J was good. But I find the idea of her sweeping like Michelle Williams in Fosse/Verson, Nicole Kidman in BLL or Sarah Paulson in OJ pretty gross to think about.

Echoing this, ATJ is not an actor who’s overdue of major industry recognition (Williams and Paulson) or an award veteran who gives an amazing performance on a medium she rarely performs on (Kidman and to certain degree, Winslet). In case of Kidman, I don’t think her wins were wholly deserved because there were Lange and Sarandon who made an old women show something very watchable. Now, we have ATJ who doesn’t really have narrative, but is supported by how culturally significant her show is. Her win won’t be a bad thing, but given that she was there with Blanchett and Haas at CC, I doubted that she needed to sweep all the season. That being said, ATJ gives a great performance and while I don’t think she deserves the winter sweep, at least she deserves an Emmy (before we see Mbedu).

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

But i agree, not wanting her to win is like the new trending on this forum, and it’s just because the show became so massive. When it first premiered almost everyone praised her and said she deserved awards.
    Now that she’s winning people are mad? I don’t know.

I’m ignoring the comments from the troll but this one really irked me. Here’s an extract from the review of the show I posted on these forums in November.

The other notable problem I have is with the show’s lead. Firstly, I wish to highlight Taylor-Joy’s presence as an actor. She is absolutely transfixing in every scene she’s in, which in many ways makes her perfect for the role as, especially for those not overtly interested in chess such as myself, there is a constant potential for mind-wandering in a series like this. She is also incredibly consistent across the series. From the first second she appears on screen to the last, her Beth is established and clear as a persona.
    For me, however, this is also where flaws lie. Taylor-Joy is expected to cover the evolution of Beth from child to woman and her choices for doing so lie in postural and pacing changes. But nothing beyond this. Her conviction to personality maintenance proves inflexible as nothing about her line delivery, especially in regard to tone, or facial expression changes as she ages. Further, although such personality is transparent, it is also inflexible due to Taylor-Joy’s mannered, almost model-like approach. Take any moment in which she appears and pause your screen and she will appear as if she is featuring in a magazine. Every gesture, every batted eye, every glance around (there are many) is so posed that it draws life away from what to me should be such an unusual, unpredictable life force. Particularly, when she could be demonstrating the ugliness of addiction. Yes, Beth as a character is fundamentally controlled and glamorous but that doesn’t mean she should be vacant or repetitive. In fact, on the latter, I even found in some scenes it seemed like Taylor-Joy was just going through different permutations of the same facial choices as if avoiding a pattern would inject naturalism.
    This may seem like an incredibly harsh take, and maybe it is given how much everyone else seems besotted with her, but her performance just didn’t quite click into place for me. I will be predicting her for the Globe win but I am yet to see a single realistic contender in that category that I haven’t preferred to her.

So pop that in your pipe and smoke it.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

This review is full of contradiction. LMAO.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually liked The Queen’s Gambit and I’m personally fine with Anya Taylor-Joy winning awards (I did like her performance and would nominate her). It’s just the notion of her sweeping considering the competition (Cate Blanchett! Michaela Coel! Daisy Edgar-Jones! Shira Haas!) is what makes me feel a bit perplexed.

I hope she wins that Emmy just to see these frauds here go cry and b*tch the whole year and if she doesn’t then it’s ok.   Just the amount of the trashy comments here like it’s the end of the world if she sweeps.

Darling no one cares that much.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

I actually liked The Queen’s Gambit and I’m personally fine with Anya Taylor-Joy winning awards. It’s just the notion of her sweeping considering the competition (Cate Blanchett! Michaela Coel! Daisy Edgar-Jones! Shira Haas!) is what makes me feel a bit perplexed. Darling no one cares that much.

Be honest. That’s why you and the rest who are salty about her winning on this forum and even another poster above attempting to discredit her even more, meaning all of you cared. LMAO.

And again, she’s been predicted to win these awards. So, there’s nothing to be perplexed about. Lol.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I wasn’t talking directly with you tho, i know you are one with your convicted opinions since day one.
    It’s more of a general consense now to not like her, when the consense back in November it was liking her.

So I’m not gonna smoke it 😂

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Be honest. That’s why you and the rest who are salty about her winning on this forum and even another poster above attempting to discredit her even more, meaning all of you cared. LMAO. And again, she’s been predicted to win these awards. So, there’s nothing to be perplexed about. Lol.

Did I hate The Queen’s Gambit and Taylor-Joy’s performance? Hang on let me go and take it out of the running for my personal awards nominations!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

ATJ getting all the trashy comments here like she didn’t deserve all these awards when in fact The Queen’s Gambit is fu*king well received even had better ratings from critics and getting the popularity that no one expect. She earned it. I hope she wins that Emmy just to see these frauds here go cry and b*tch the whole year and if she doesn’t then it’s ok. Just the amount of the trashy comments here like it’s the end of the world if she sweeps. Heck even trying desperately comparing her to some of her seniors (hilarious) and b*tching like her character it’s not complex enough. LMAO.

This is a bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? I think I can speak for most of us who aren’t necessarily rooting for Anya to sweep in saying that our reasoning lies not in distain for her or her performance but in believing that there are others who we simply see as more deserving of a win. Just to clarify since it seems needed, I really liked Anya’s performance and will be happy for her if she continues her sweep, while at the same time preferring other performances – and that’s ok!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is a bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think? I think I can speak for most of us who aren’t necessarily rooting for Anya to sweep in saying that our reasoning lies not in distain for her or her performance but in believing that there are others who we simply see as more deserving of a win. Just to clarify since it seems needed, I really liked Anya’s performance and will be happy for her if she continues her sweep, while at the same time preferring other performances – and that’s ok!

Exactly this.

I liked Anya’s performance and I’ve enjoyed some of her prior work in films like The Witch. In fact if you look right here you’ll see <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>is currently ranked quite highly in my personal awards. Do I think she should sweep? No because I think sweeps should be limited to people who are undeniable (the three for me this year are Emma Corrin, Josh O’Connor and Catherine O’Hara). I also think there are some other performances that are just as worthy or even better than hers (Michaela Coel’s one in I May Destroy You for example). It’s the same thing for Gillian Anderson whose body of work I practically stan to death and who I thought was nothing short of excellent in The Crown. I didn’t think she should have won the Globe over Annie Murphy. It’s the same thing I had with Schitt’s Creek sweeping last year. I was fine with the sweep because I thought the show was deserving even though I thought there were some unsung performances (like Yvonne Orji’s) that went recognised. Same with Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s trifecta sweep.

But will I be annoyed if Gillian Anderson or Anya Taylor-Joy win at the Emmys? No. Life’s too short and it’s not as if I think their performances are bad. This whole idea of “if you’re not rooting for this one person to win everything in he universe then you’re a hater” is childish and doltish.

Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

Like, don’t get me wrong T-J was good. But I find the idea of her sweeping like Michelle Williams in Fosse/Verson, Nicole Kidman in BLL or Sarah Paulson in OJ pretty gross to think about.

You thought Jennifer Aniston deserved the Emmy over Laura Linney while being unimpressed with Daniel Kaluuya”s Judas performance. There’s no bigger crime than that. Anya’s show is loved more than OJ. Bll and Fosse/Verdon. People literally think it’s an all timer so the sweep was coming no matter what.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

You thought Jennifer Aniston deserved the Emmy over Laura Linney while being unimpressed with Daniel Kaluuya”s Judas performance.

They are absolutely right about that!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both Aniston and Linney were excellent.

Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

They are absolutely right about that!

Hopless, Wolfali where’s the taste? Is this who we are now ❗❓

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.