Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 526 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Which Lead Actors do you think have the best chance?

I hope

1. Olly Alexander – It’s a Sin

2. Hugh Grant – The Undoing

3. Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird

4. Paul Bettany – WandaVision

5. Anthony Mackie – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Next in line…

6. Leslie Odom jr – Hamilton

7. Lin-Manuel Miranda – Hamilton

8. Jeff Daniels – The Comey Rule

9. Ewan McGregor – Simply Halston

10. Bryan Cranston – Your Honor

Followed by

11. Chris Rock – Fargo

12. Sebastián Stan – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

13. Tahar Rahim – The Serpent

14. Paul Bettany – Uncle Frank

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I thought Olsen and Hahn were both great in WandaVision, but am I the only one who didn’t think anything of Bettany?

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Which Lead Actors do you think have the best chance? I hope 1. Olly Alexander – It’s a Sin 2. Hugh Grant – The Undoing 3. Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird 4. Paul Bettany – WandaVision 5. Anthony Mackie – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Next in line… 6. Leslie Odom jr – Hamilton 7. Lin-Manuel Miranda – Hamilton 8. Jeff Daniels – The Comey Rule 9. Ewan McGregor – Simply Halston 10. Bryan Cranston – Your Honor Followed by 11. Chris Rock – Fargo 12. Sebastián Stan – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 13. Tahar Rahim – The Serpent 14. Paul Bettany – Uncle Frank

1. Ewan McGregor, Simply Halston
    2. Paul Bettany, WandaVision
    3. Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird
    4. Lin Manuel-Miranda, Hamilton
    5. Hugh Grant, The Undoing

6. Olly Alexander, It’s a Sin
    7. Leslie Odom-Jr., Hamilton
    8. Tahar Rahim, The Serpent
    9. Bryan Cranston, Your Honor

I honestly don’t see anyone else standing a chance at a nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Fotreya
    Topics:

Which Lead Actors do you think have the best chance? I hope 1. Olly Alexander – It’s a Sin 2. Hugh Grant – The Undoing 3. Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird 4. Paul Bettany – WandaVision 5. Anthony Mackie – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Next in line… 6. Leslie Odom jr – Hamilton 7. Lin-Manuel Miranda – Hamilton 8. Jeff Daniels – The Comey Rule 9. Ewan McGregor – Simply Halston 10. Bryan Cranston – Your Honor Followed by 11. Chris Rock – Fargo 12. Sebastián Stan – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 13. Tahar Rahim – The Serpent 14. Paul Bettany – Uncle Frank

lol, Sebastian Stan??????

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Netflix delays Simply Halston, it will tell me that they’re taking lessons from HBO last year and focusing on getting their big shows in drama and limited (The Crown for Netflix/Succession for HBO and The Queen’s Gambit for Netflix/Watchmen for HBO) series wins.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I feel that the Undoing will perform pretty well. It has done pretty well at the guilds (minus writing). It will get in for Kidman, Grant, Sutherland, Directing and for Series. I just find it hard to believe that it will get snubbed in Series and Actress for Kidman.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

I just saw The Serpent, and, like, Rahim was just amazing? I haven’t seen Hawke’s show yet, but he was WAY ahead of Bettany, Alexander and especially Grant. Unless Boyega (who I also thought he was better than) goes lead or McGregor is better, I really think he should be getting away with that Emmy. Though his character is just pure evil, so there’s that going against him, but on the other hand, Margaret Thatcher is likely winning one, so I can’t see why Rahim couldn’t.

Emmys FYC: Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials); Moses Ingram and Harry Melling (The Queen's Gambit)

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I just saw The Serpent, and, like, Rahim was just amazing? I haven’t seen Hawke’s show yet, but he was WAY ahead of Bettany, Alexander and especially Grant. Unless Boyega (who I also thought he was better than) goes lead or McGregor is better, I really think he should be getting away with that Emmy. Though his character is just pure evil, so there’s that going against him, but on the other hand, Margaret Thatcher is likely winning one, so I can’t see why Rahim couldn’t.

I still need to see a couple of performances (notably Law and Daniels), but so far Rahim is definitely my second favourite performance of the category after Hawke. I didn’t think it was flawless, but it’s a weak year and he was really good.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am catching up on TQG and I am baffled by the ATJ sweep. That’s all I will say for now.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke is the only one I’d give an Emmy for right now
    Haven’t seen The Serpent.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am catching up on TQG and I am baffled by the ATJ sweep. That’s all I will say for now.

She’s great and she delivers more towards the end of the show but personally I don’t think it’s really a sweep worthy performance. Certainly nomination worthy though.

I feel that the Undoing will perform pretty well. It has done pretty well at the guilds (minus writing). It will get in for Kidman, Grant, Sutherland, Directing and for Series. I just find it hard to believe that it will get snubbed in Series and Actress for Kidman.

Of course it could get those nominations but the limited/movie field is becoming more and more competitive, it aired such a long time ago (or certainly will have by the Emmys) and it’s a show that not only is starting off in the second half of this category after the winter awards but it’s also the one with the least passion out of I May Destroy You, The Queen’s Gambit and Small Axe. Then you have the fact that more acclaimed high profile shows as its internal competition within HBO’s campaigning with I May Destroy You having more passion and support from the industry and Mare of Easttown being a more acclaimed murder mystery led by an A lister. That’s not to even mention that HBO are also campaigning It’s a Sin which whilst it might not necessarily be ahead of <i>The Undoing </i>in Series, is a show which will have more support from writers than it and is a more acclaimed and topical show.

My point is that whilst <i>The Undoing </i>can very well get in for series and actress (I have it in Actor and S. Actor and I think I will slot it into directing), it missing both those categories is not something that should be implausible or hard to believe considering the circumstances. Just last year we saw Merritt Wever miss for <i>Unbelievable </i>and the show itself under-performed in retrospect to a more acclaimed and popular Spring Netflix show after leading the Golden Globes, winning a Critics Choice award and getting in at key guilds. In the era of peak TV these things happen when a show airs in the Autumn/Summer and buzzier contenders arrive in the Spring with more recency bias to boast. With Nicole Kidman already missing the Critics Choice lineup of 6 whilst Grant, Sutherland and the show were nominated and with her having to compete against not only Anya Taylor-Joy and Michaela Col but also Thuso Mbedu, Zendaya, Elizabeth Olsen and Cynthia Erivo, it’s not implausible to think she could miss due to competition and weaker buzz.

Can I just say I love your Ruth Wilson FYC!

Tahar Rahim was excellent and I agree with your qualitative analysis. He could get nominated and I guess a win is possible (he is buzzy at the moment and the show is a humungous hit). But my only problem is that this character has no redeemable qualities whatsoever? Don’t get me wrong he plays him well but I disagree with the Margaret Thatcher analogy. In The Crown, there is an episode designed early on to make the viewer feel sorry for Margaret Thatcher and not to mention that whilst I thought Thatcher was a deplorable being, there are some who glance over her political actions in favour of her fame. There is no such episode that humanises Charles Sobhraj (apart from maybe the penultimate one but it still isn’t much) and he’s practically characterised as a monstrous serial killer.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

I thought Olsen and Hahn were both great in WandaVision, but am I the only one who didn’t think anything of Bettany?

Yeah I kinda feel this too. If there’s a lot of love for WV I can see all three getting in. But if its noms are more spotty, he’s the first one to get snubbed out of the 3.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Can I just say I love your Ruth Wilson FYC!

Thanks, His Dark Materials is a really underrated series that did the books a lot more justice than the films. Shame HBO has done little to push it.

Also, how did Wilson not get a nom for The Affair (after a GG WIN)? She and Tierney saved that show.

Emmys FYC: Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials); Moses Ingram and Harry Melling (The Queen's Gambit)

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Also, I think ATJ deserves to win, but I agree that a sweep is a bit much. There are way too many good TV performances out there for a single one to take every award.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Also, I think ATJ deserves to win, but I agree that a sweep is a bit much. There are way too many good TV performances out there for a single one to take every award.

What’s so baffling about her sweeping when every pundit predicted she will win? Lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.