Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 526 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If WandaVision can’t win a DGA award when it’s at its peak over The Queen’s Gambit (which aired around 6 months ago) then how on earth is it possible for the show to win over The Queen’s Gambit or Elizabeth Olsen to beat Anya Taylor-Joy lol?

As long as its winning series, The Queen’s Gambit is taking directing at the Emmys. Just like Big Little Lies.

It was never winning against The Queens Gambit
    Wandavision nod will be it’s reward,. no one is stopping TQG and ATJ, at least no one from the ones we already know

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit definitely deserved those directing and production design guild wins considering the shows that were nominated with it. It was the writing and acting I had issues with.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point could <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>be set to break the John Adams record? Or is it going to face a hard time with the competition below the line?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At this point could <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>be set to break the John Adams record? Or is it going to face a hard time with the competition below the line?

It will battle The Crown on several categories right?

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Scott Frank coming for the directing Emmy that he was denied for Godless.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Globe/PGA/WGA/DGA 2010+
    Queen’s Gambit
    Chernobyl
    Game Change

Queen and Game also won a lead Sag.

Previous decade only had Angels in America which took both Sags.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It will battle The Crown on several categories right?

And also Bridgerton that might take some awards like Costume.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Globe/PGA/WGA/DGA 2010+
    Queen’s Gambit
    Chernobyl
    Game Change

Queen and Game also won a lead Sag.

Hypothetically, I wonder what would’ve won if The Queen’s Gambit and Chernobyl were released in the same cycle. I think they both would’ve beaten all of the other Series winners of the last decade (yes, including Big Little Lies and OJ).

For Your Consideration:

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Honestly, I think Wandavision being nominated for limited series (which I think it could do) and Olsen being nominated alongside Anya is their reward. Anyone’s opinions on Bettany and Hahn getting in still?

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I think Chernobyl and OJ would’ve won in any year they were undeniable.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Honestly, I think Wandavision being nominated for limited series (which I think it could do) and Olsen being nominated alongside Anya is their reward. Anyone’s opinions on Bettany and Hahn getting in still?

Hahn is getting in and she may win. Six slots, weak field and she was a fan favorite. Agatha All Along was a hit on Spotify.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

And people are wondering why TQG/Anya sweeping? Lol.

Answer:

https://twitter.com/awards_watch/status/1381052730819571715?s=19

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I think Chernobyl and OJ would’ve won in any year they were undeniable.

I mean clearly TQG is undeniable too 💀 look at the run it’s on. And obviously there are different factors to weigh up, including the cultural/political moods of each year.

And people are wondering why TQG/Anya sweeping? Lol.

Answer:

https://twitter.com/awards_watch/status/1381052730819571715?s=19

The people wondering why Anya is sweeping weren’t debating the popularity of the show with the industry, which is clearly evident to everyone. They just didn’t think the performance was worthy (everyone has personal opinions).

For Your Consideration:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think they’re both in
    Lead actor is dry and Hahn has kind of an overdue narrative and for what ive been hearing shes campaigning as hell, also Agatha all along

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Perhaps I’m starting to go over the top with supporting actor but is Donald Sutherland really that safe?

Boyega and Camp are locked but considering how The Queen’s Gambit is the frontrunner and I May Destroy You is a top series contender who is to say that the actors branch don’t just check off Brodie-Sangster, Melling and Essiedu? Then you have the possibility that <i>The Underground Railroad</i> hits and William Jackson Harper is riding off goodwill for The Good Place and Joel Egerton is a big name and both are in baity roles. Peter Mullan too (although I don’t know how baity his role is). Then you have SAG nominee Daveed Diggs and Shaun Parkes who has been widely declared as the standout of the first instalment of Small Axe and has essentially won all but one of the critics and British awards he’s been up for (the one loss being to David Tennant for an undeniable transformative and buzzy performance).

I will be surprised if The Undoing is completely shut out but it’s starting to feel like only one of Grant and Sutherland are getting in. And I can’t tell which is stronger.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 526 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.