Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 5 is now open.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Well, I think we all agree that Anya is far safer than The Queen’s Gambit at its respective category. The more I think of The Underground Railroad, the more I remember how the entire award lovers were blown by Barry Jenkins’ work, Moonlight, winning the Oscar without defeating La La Land at any precursor (as far as I remember). A same project comes from a same brain and each day it is gaining more and more buzz. The difference is that this can take winter awards at the end of this unholy year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

i wouldn’t bet against a sag globe dga wga pga winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad can only win over The Queen’s Gambit if it has also international audience behind it, the latter is a global phenomenon which is hard to trump. The Queen’s Gambit is potentially vulnerable in writing due to passion behind I May Destroy You but even that is a big if.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With writing I think there is enough passion for Michaela Coel’s work for her to pull a Charlie Brooker and win over the series sweeper. Just like Big Little Lies, the passion around The Queen’s Gambit seems to be around the performances and direction rather than the writing.

With regards to The Underground Railroad I honestly cannot see how something stops The Queen’s Gambit in Series at this point. Actress too. Perhaps if you ask me in a few months time after The Underground Railroad and Mare of Easttown have premiered but I think the only person with enough passion whose show has aired that has a chance of beating Taylor-Joy is Michaela Coel. And that’s like a 0.01% chance because it would be bizarre for Taylor-Joy to sweep all the winter awards and then somehow miss the Emmy (unless you’re named Sandra Oh has that ever happened before?). I am not buying the idea that Elizabeth Olsen is anywhere even close to second.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

unless you’re named Sandra Oh has that ever happened before?

And it happened TWICE!! For two different shows, and she lost the Emmy to her co-star both times.

At this point just let her co-host SNL with Tina Fey.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Oh my god these limited series / tv movies have become so difficult!!! I remember in the old days when we had some tv movies from HBO with stellar performances + some miniseries (also from HBO), then we would choose the most famous or celebrated actors for each category and that was it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Oh my god these limited series / tv movies have become so difficult!!! I remember in the old days when we had some tv movies from HBO with stellar performances + some miniseries (also from HBO), then we would choose the most famous or celebrated actors for each category and that was it!

This field gets harder and harder every year.
    So many names

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

unless you’re named Sandra Oh has that ever happened before?

Teri Hatcher. She won GG and SAG but lost the Emmy to Huffman.

she lost the Emmy to her co-star both times.

Actually it was Blythe Danner who won the Emmy the year Sandra Oh swept winter awards. When Katherine Heigl took the Emmy, it actually was Chandra Wilson who had won SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Yes, the streaming boom has turned the limited/TV movie categories into at least arguably the most important ones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am surprised that we are not getting Scenes from a Marriage or a single movie on HBO proper.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

As I catch up on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I would actually be very supportive of a nomination for Kari Skogland. The MCU’s action scenes are rarely outright bad, but there are few that I would call exceptional, and this show really stands out in that respect. Skogland’s doing a great job.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

If McGregor ends up being next season and they don’t go all out for Hamilton, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Sebastian Stan show up.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If McGregor ends up being next season and they don’t go all out for Hamilton, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Sebastian Stan show up.

I actually think Anthony Mackie would have more chance because of the lack of POC contender in this field and because he’s the true protagonist of the show (the thing about the shield), but I’m predicting both Lin Manuel Miranda and Leslie Odom Jr.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

So, I haven’t seen TFATWS, mostly due to a disinterest, how do… any of its Emmy chances look? Would it get techs if it were to get anything? I’m not feeling limited series from it, it seems TFATWS is a bit more decisive for people, or maybe that’s just the people I follow.

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.