Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Halston FYC:

https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie/halston

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix has just moved up Dolly Parton’s movie as a priority,

Lol this is probably WINNING TV Movie at this point lmao.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Netflix has just moved up Dolly Parton’s movie as a priority.
    https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie

OUTSTANDING CHOREOGRAPHY FOR SCRIPTED PROGRAMMING

DEBBIE ALLEN

Deserved just for the opening scene of Jenifer Lewis and her gays vogueing in the hair salon.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Halston FYC: https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie/halston

best thing about this is Kelly Bishop mentioned. I had no idea that she was in it.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

this century’s Globe/PGA/WGA/DGA/sag/ace winners
    Queen’s Gambit
    Angels in America

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

best thing about this is Kelly Bishop mentioned. I had no idea that she was in it.

A few months back there were photos of her and Ewan on location on Twitter, if you’re interested!

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Can Isla Johnston be added in the prediction center? I feel like she has a shot of happening considering how big TQG is.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Several contenders have been added to the limited series section of our Emmy predictions center. Scroll to the bottom of each category since they currently have 100/1 odds and nobody predicting them yet.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba rolling in to take supporting actress for the second year in a row.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

With the addition of Aaron Pierre and the fact that I’m (FINALLY) watching IMDY and realizing that Paapa Essiedu is fantastic, I’m getting closer and closer to booting Sutherland. However, that would leave me only predicting The Undoing in directing. It did very well at precursors, so I’m wary of under-predicting it, and I understand the CC stat for Sutherland, but I really feel like no one gives a crap anymore. What do you guys think?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I went with Aduba based on the episode/character descriptions.

Mirren and Freeman potentially.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Solos serves flop just like Modern Love etc. Those episodic anthologies don’t do well.

With the addition of Aaron Pierre and the fact that I’m (FINALLY) watching IMDY and realizing that Paapa Essiedu is fantastic, I’m getting closer and closer to booting Sutherland. However, that would leave me only predicting The Undoing in directing. It did very well at precursors, so I’m wary of under-predicting it, and I understand the CC stat for Sutherland, but I really feel like no one gives a crap anymore. What do you guys think?

In contrary I think it’s underestimated and Kidman is also closer to the nom than not.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m really unsure what to do here. On the one hand Sutherland has CC, The Undoing has 2 SAG nominations and David E. Kelley (like Ryan Murphy) has a solid track record with getting actors nominated. But then The Undoing feels like it aired so long ago, didn’t do that well outside SAG, DGA and PGA and is not a strong series contender.

I am keeping Sutherland in for now and have Aaron Pierre and Shaun Parkes (the latter of whom has won almost every award he has been nominated for so far and is in the first Small Axe instalment) as the coattails.

I think Sutherland could pull a Toni Colette and get in whilst his show under-performs and all his co-stars get snubbed and I’m not sure which of the non Bill Camp men can coattail from The Queen’s Gambit. And whilst I feel very confident in Weruche Opia making it in, I have a feeling Essiedu could miss out as his strong material only comes later on in the show and he’s not as prominent in it as much as Opia is.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The supporting cast of Bly Manor is far more deserving than The Queen’s Gambit.

I just saw The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, which illustrated your point further. Harry Melling was absolutely fantastic in it, which shocked me after seeing how nondescript and average his performance was in The Queen’s Gambit. That show is full of stock characters.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

So, out of the eligible shows for this year’s Emmy, those are the ones that won something during this award season:

The Queen’s Gambit:
    – PGA
    – WGA
    – DGA
    – SAG (Actress)
    – Make-Up & Hairstyling Guild
    – Art Directors Guild
    – 3x Sound Editing Guild
    – Cinema Audio Society
    – Costumes Guild
    – ACE Eddie Awards
    – 2x Golden Globe (Miniserie & Actress)

Small Axe:
    – Golden Globe (Supp. Actor)
    – Critics Choice (Actor)

The Undoing:
    – Critics Choice (Supp Actor)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.