Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba rolling in to take supporting actress for the second year in a row.

Whilst also taking home her first lead trophy

UzoTreatment

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst also taking home her first lead trophy

Is she?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The likes.. It’s so over.. https://twitter.com/anyafiles/status/1382180090096848897?s=21

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It doesn’t help that its biggest competitor is another show about slavery.

But I think Barry Jenkins will win over Scott Frank in Directing, with TQG taking Series, Actress and possibly Supporting Actor, if Boyega gets moved to Lead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But I think Barry Jenkins will win over Scott Frank in Directing,

As long as The Queen’s Gambit wins Series, Scott Frank is not losing directing. Since 2011 the only times directing and limited series haven’t matched up were in 2016 and 2020 when The Night Manager and Unorthdox won but the series winners those years had three nominations and a vote split probably occurred.

There is simply no reason for Frank to lose directing if The Queen’s Gambit is going to continue its winter awards success at the Emmys. Even under the plurality system. He’s the DGA winner and his direction is one of the most widely praised aspects of the show (even with those who weren’t that keen on other aspects of the show).

If we have a surprise passion pick this year I think it will be in Writing. I can see I May Destroy You winning there. A bit like how Black Mirror : San Junipero managed to win over Big Little Lies due to there being so much passion for it and the passion around the writing of Big Little Lies not being as strong as the passion for the direction and performances (a bit like The Queen’s Gambit this year).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Whoopi Goldberg (The Stand) is in the predictions center as Lead Actress, but the FYC CBS website states that she will be Supporting.

https://www.viacomcbsfyc.com/paramount-plus/the-stand/

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

The first episode of Mare of Easttown is a solid, if formulaic, HBO detective drama.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is in talks to board Disney+’s Samuel L. Jackson-led Marvel series, Secret Invasion.

https://tvline.com/2021/04/19/marvel-secret-invasion-olivia-colman-in-talks-samuel-l-jackson-nick-fury/

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

JLD bout to be nominated for another Emmy

https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/1384220755232231425?s=21

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Elizabeth Olsen (WandaVision) and Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen’s Gambit) nominated at the MTV Movie/TV Awards 2021. (On the Drama side, Emma Corrin was also nominated)

Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

While i dont think WandaVision can win Major awards, i think its getting a lot of nominations. Like Mandalorian

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Teyonah Parris will miss the nomination? She feels like she’s been overshadowed in buzz by Hahn, Olsen and Bettany (a bit like how Norbert Leo Butz was arguably overshadowed in buzz by not only Williams and Rockwell but also Qualley by the end of Fosse/Verdon).

Unless WandaVision is a top player in series (which I doubt even though I have it in my predictions) I don’t see how she can make it in.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I agree. Teyonah Parris isn’t even in the top dozen for this category.

But after how popular of a character Jimmy Woo ended up being, what we maybe DO need to prepare for is the well-respected and well-known Randall Park Barb-ing his way to a nomination…

(I’m 99% kidding. I’m not saying that that’s going to happen; I wouldn’t put him in the top dozen of his category either. It would be absolutely hilarious if it did, though.)

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This Romeo and Juliet thing, is it a movie? Is it a special?
    I don’t know, can Josh and Jessie be nominated here?

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/1384220755232231425?s=21

It showing up everywhere will be solid enough. Too tough to overcome genre bias.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.