Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This Romeo and Juliet thing, is it a movie? Is it a special?
    I don’t know, can Josh and Jessie be nominated here?

Started off as filmed play but re-edited into a narrative feature, will probably be TV movie.

It’s not impossible for O’Connor to be nominated for it, similar to Ann Dowd for Leftovers.

Emmys FYC: Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien”, Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie”, Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live”, Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn”

“Dickinson”, “P-Valley”, “Pose” & “Superstore” in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Started off as filmed play but re-edited into a narrative feature, will probably be TV movie.

It’s not impossible for O’Connor to be nominated for it, similar to Ann Dowd for Leftovers.

I will watch it anyways, i sense some real acting coming from those two.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This Romeo and Juliet thing, is it a movie? Is it a special? I don’t know, can Josh and Jessie be nominated here?

No one knows where it is eligible but if it’s less than 75 minutes it automatically has to go to Variety Special.

Buckley and O’Connor should be eligible for the limited acting categories regardless. Jessie Buckley is someone who I have been following as a performer for a while, I really hope she breaks through with major American awards soon. She should have been Oscar nominated for both Wild Rose and <i>I’m Thinking of Ending Things</i>. That being said I don’t see her getting into Limited/Movie actress (she’s great though!)

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Buckley was also by far the best thing about Fargo Season 4, but unfortunately she was ignored at the winter awards.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I can’t believe how downhill Fargo has gone 💀 it used to be called the best show of the year on multiple occasions and was a huge awards player and now it’s irrelevant.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I need The Lost Daughter to be a player at the Oscars next year so Buckley can get nominated.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Sooooo Kate Winslet actually gives the best female performance of the year in Mare of Easttown. An absolute knock out of a performance. If this was a movie she would have the Oscar in the bag!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

actually gives the best female performance of the year.

It’s literally only April…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s literally only April.

And it’s only been one episode..

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Regards to last page, Jessie Buckley totally deserves more recognition.
    She is the best thing about Fargo S4, but she’s not happening, and neither for this film with so many competition.

I hope the future brings her more good projects.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is in talks to board Disney+’s Samuel L. Jackson-led Marvel series, Secret Invasion.

https://tvline.com/2021/04/19/marvel-secret-invasion-olivia-colman-in-talks-samuel-l-jackson-nick-fury/

Get that Disney coin Colman! (Seriously tho good move to get the cash gigs from streaming like The Crown and this so she can have flexibility to build her CV with the prestige but lower paying films.) Reading that this is 6 episodes limited which is likely to lead into Captain Marvel 2 – it has a big enough cast to appear in CM2 actually: SLJ, Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir…

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

And it’s only been one episode..

I’ve seen the first 3 episodes

It’s literally only April…

I meant the whole past year

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mare of Easttown debuts across all HBO platforms with 1 million viewers

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke joins the cast of Marvel’s Secret Invasion at Disney+.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.