Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

On The Underground Railroad’s Wikipedia page Thuso Mbedu, Chase W. Dillon, Aaron Pierre and Joel Edgerton are listed as main cast members.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

So, I haven’t seen TFATWS, mostly due to a disinterest, how do… any of its Emmy chances look? Would it get techs if it were to get anything? I’m not feeling limited series from it, it seems TFATWS is a bit more decisive for people, or maybe that’s just the people I follow.

Not a player outside VFX, I don’t think.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

John Boyega has been nominated in Lead literally everywhere else except for Globe (where he originally was, before the new HFPA rules moved him).

Given this less-than-competitive field, Amazon would be idiots if they don’t submit him lead again at the Emmys.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Apparently Vera Farmiga is in Halston.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah they’ve updated their Netflix page. Bill Pullman also appears to be a cast member.

Maybe this suggests we’re getting a trailer soon.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Yes and Inventing Anna’s page wasn’t updated so I guess it really won’t make eligibility.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d be surprised if Inventing Anna and <i>Sex Education </i>made eligibility considering they only recently finished or are still shooting.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

LIMITED SERIES
    MARE OF EASTTOWN
    Critics Consensus
    Grounded by a career-best Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown’s ambitions at times exceed its reach, but its central mystery is supported by such strong sense of place and character it hardly matters.

She’s peaking guys

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She’s the Cate Blanchett of this year.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Can someone explain why Courtney B. Vance is the sixth? Genius: Aretha came and went with no noise.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What did Donald Sutherland do in <i>The Undoing</i> again?

Got outperformed by Noah Jupe.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Can someone explain why Courtney B. Vance is the sixth? Genius: Aretha came and went with no noise.

Reputation, I guess. It baffles me

The entire slate just feels not bad but fine. Everyone is good but just got great. The only people from the GD top 15 I’d personally give a win to are Boyega, Parkes, Domingo, Essiedu, & Kirby. And the first two of those I’m effy on because they such category frauds.

Vance will probably still get a Guest nom though.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Boyega and Edgerton will probably be moved to Lead.

With McGregor, that category will become more competitive.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

This actually works, with Coel in the Haas position.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’m assuming so as well. Only difference I’d say is that I expect Mare of Easttown to have a lot more general appeal than Mrs. America.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.