Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

So, may I sum up, TUR perhaps becomes not only a big challenger for TQG, but also a big challenger in Supporting Actor. I mean when we all agree that Small Axe‘s buzz has gone, with the addition of the fact that Boyega is not the strongest in his own series, Edgerton seems like a real threat to win that category.

These reviews are mind-blowing. I think they’re more than just raves.

Luca, I think we all agree than Jenkins is a legend-in-making. This kind of review is not something surprising for me.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Luca, I think we all agree than Jenkins is a legend-in-making. This kind of review is not something surprising for me.

He already is a legend! I completely expected raves too because you can just trust Jenkims. He can do no wrong.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Still think The Queen’s Gambit takes it all but Barry making his way to TV and Emmys is good enough for me.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Amazon will probably move one of Edgerton/Boyega to Lead.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Not The Queen’s Gambit being snubbed by the Peabodys 💀 deservedly so. I May Destroy You, Small Axe, The Good Lord Bird, Euphoria Special: Part 1, Ted Lasso and Unorthodox are among the shows recognised.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

So happy for Thuso 🥰🥰🥰

Profile picture
    theconstantdoppelganger
    Topics:

Almost done with The Undoing and why is Noah Jupe kinda bulldozing the supporting actor competition…

Noah Jupe deserved better this awards season. Real shame HBO didn’t bother.

In other news, Underground Railroad toppling Queen’s Gambit would be so fun.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

The reviews are very strong, which I think was expected given Jenkins’ track record. This does feel like the last real bid to shake up the race.

The real unknown in all this is viewership, though, in my view. TQG has already taken on and dispatched ecstatically-reviewed rivals. TUR doesn’t need to be as popular as TQG (if that were the bar, it would probably be insurmountable), it just needs to become a solid hit and let the critical buzz (ideally) do the rest.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Darlings we need The Underground Railroad to dethrone The Queen’s Gambit.

Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Joel Edgerton will be submitted as a lead actor and not as a supporting actor.

https://digital.emagazines.com/the_underground_railroad/20210427/mobile/index.html?t=df8cee4d-d1e0-4e88-9e73-14944c62c20b&err=true&utm_campaign=testlink_the_underground_railroad&utm_source=Test&utm_medium=Test#p29

Emmy FYC: P-Valley in all categories; I May Destroy You in all categories; Sandra Oh, Steven Yeun and JK Simmons for "Invincible".

International Emmy FYC: Camila Morgado and Eduardo Moscovis in "Good Morning Veronica" (globally on Netflix). Alessandra Negrini in "Invisible City" (globally on Netflix).

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’m willing to say we have a new front runner. The only obstacle being if not enough people watch, the THR review while very complementary made a large point about how long the episodes are, and there’s 10 of them. I think it will be able to overcome this though because the industry will tune in for Barry Jenkins regardless

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Feels like as good of a time as any to post my predix. Updated to reflect The Underground Railroad reviews.

REALLY wobbly on Lily Rabe, but I’m struggling with that category so she’s more of a placeholder, at least until we see the show.

Feels weird to be predicting an Undoing shutout but with all the buzzy new shows I’m just not sure where/how it pops in.

LIMITED SERIES:
    I May Destroy You
    Mare of Easttown
    ***The Queen’s Gambit
    The Underground Railroad
    WandaVision

ACTOR:
    Paul Bettany in WandaVision
    Joel Edgerton in The Underground Railroad
    Ethan Hawke in The Good Lord Bird
    ***Ewan McGregor in Halston
    Leslie Odom Jr. in Hamilton

ACTRESS:
    Michaela Coel in I May Destroy You
    Thuso Mbedu in The Underground Railroad
    Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision
    ***Anya Taylor-Joy in The Queen’s Gambit
    Kate Winslet in Mare of Easttown

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    ***John Boyega in Small Axe
    Bill Camp in The Queen’s Gambit
    Daveed Diggs in Hamilton
    Chase W. Dillon in The Underground Railroad
    William Jackson Harper in The Underground Railroad
    Evan Peters in Mare of Easttown

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Renee Elise Goldsberry in Hamilton
    ***Kathryn Hahn in WandaVision
    Marielle Heller in The Queen’s Gambit
    Moses Ingram in The Queen’s Gambit
    Weruche Opia in I May Destroy You
    Lily Rabe in The Underground Railroad

WRITING:
    ***I May Destroy You
    It’s a Sin
    The Queen’s Gambit
    The Underground Railroad
    WandaVision

DIRECTING:
    Halston
    I May Destroy You
    ***The Queen’s Gambit
    Small Axe
    The Underground Railroad
    WandaVision

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Good Lord Bird

AFI + Peabody + Hawke getting in everywhere, I’m so happy. This show should’ve been sweeping and other people should be getting nominated like Joshua Caleb johnson.

Also, happy for TUR, Thuso just made her position spot way more comfortable now

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Railroad around the same reviews as last year’s When They See Us, which lost. And at least rn below most of a fellow project from a Best Picture winning director teaming with Amazon, Small Axe.

Queen’s Gambit still frontrunner unless they feel they are obligated to vote for the important topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.