Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The reviews barely mention the supporting actresses (and the one they mention the most will be ineligible, I believe?) and they are relatively not known actresses (except Rabe but she doesn’t have much awards luck) so I think it’s possible TUR doesn’t get any nominations there, or maybe just one.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Limited Series
    1- The Queen’s Gambit
    2- The Underground Railroad
    3- I May Destroy You
    4- Mare of Easttown
    5- WandaVision

6- Small Axe
    7- The Undoing
    8- It’s a Sin

Actress – Limited Series
    1- Anya Taylor Joy – The Queen’s Gambit
    2- Kate Winslet – Mare of Easttown
    3- Michaela Coel – I May Destroy You
    4- Thuso Mbedu – The Underground Railroad
    5- Elisabeth Olsen – WandaVison

6- Cynthia Erivo – Genius
    7- Nicole Kidman – The Undoing
    8- Tessa Thompson – Sylvie’s Love

Actor – Limited Series
    1- Ewan McGregor – Halston
    2- Joel Edgerton – The Underground Railroad
    3- Lin Manuel Miranda – Hamilton
    4- Leslie Odom Jr. – Hamilton
    5- Paul Bettany – WandaVision

6- Hugh Grant – The Undoing
    7- Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird
    8- Andrew Scott – Oslo

Supporting Actress – Limited Series
    1- Kathryn Hahn – WandaVision
    2- Weruche Opia – I May Destroy You
    3- Marielle Heller – The Queen’s Gambit
    4- Moses Ingram – The Queen’s Gambit
    5- Jean Smart – Mare of Easttown
    6- Krysta Rodriguez – Halston

7- Keely Hawes – It’s a Sin
    8- Letitia Wright – Small Axe
    9- Isla Johnston – The Queen’s Gambit
    10- Cailee Spaeny – Mare of Easttown

Supporting Actor – Limited Series
    1- John Boyega – Small Axe
    2- Bill Camp – The Queen’s Gambit
    3- Daveed Diggs – Hamilton
    4- Shaun Parkes – Small Axe
    5- Chase W. Dillon – The Underground Railroad
    6- William Jackson Harper – The Underground Railroad

7- Aaron Pierre – The Underground Railroad
    8- Donald Sutherland – The Undoing
    9- Brendan Gleeson – The Comey Rule
    10- Thomas Brodie Sangster – The Queen’s Gambit

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I agree about the TUR supporting actresses. I’m keeping in Rabe right now just cause I want to be predicting someone from TUR in that category, but I’ll wait until I see the show to really land on who (or no one at all). Feels like a situation where we’ll see a Marsha Stephanie Blake-type nod.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think it’s still The Queens Gambit to lose.
    10 episodes of 70 minutes doesn’t scream audience hit to me, but I guess it could be.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At least I think those 4 are safe for a nod

The Queens Gambit, Mare of Easttown, I May Destroy You and The Underground Railroad with no special order.

The last spot is tricky, for me could be Small Axe, Wandavision or even Halston if it gets decent reviews.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I am dumping Anya Taylor Joy for Michaela, the Emmys have become too unpredictable,over the last few years they have passed presumed frontrunners for actors with more passion and buzz. Michael Coel, even a year later after her show premiered,still has so much passion and buzz, people are still talking about the show( Anya has alot of buzz too, I mean she swept the winter awards.)  Look at Zendaya over Aniston and Linney, Uzo ( much to my delight) over Jean and Toni,every Regina king win ( apart from Watchmen, that was the most buzzed performance of last year, she won the emmy the minute the show premiered) IMDY just got a Peabody nomination, I feel like the writing is on the wall. If both weruache and Pappa make it in, then I’ll even predict it for series. I think TUR may have the directing Emmy on lock. Ego death not winning an Emmy for writing in a limited series would be unforgivable.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Hahn is happening? Like…at all? Also, I still don’t buy her getting in, if Olsen gets snubbed.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The thing is that they can reward Michaela for her writing, while Anya is only in actress, i can see they spreading the wealth.

But i do agree that Anya is not the undeniable frontrunner as she once was.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So The Underground Railroad is our third lock in Series.

Can’t wait to watch!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Hahn is happening? Like…at all? Also, I still don’t buy her getting in, if Olsen gets snubbed.

The category is wide open. I think Krysta Rodriguez could rise up and become the frontrunner in no time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The field is wide af, she is a beloved television actress who has only one emmy nomination, leaving some to think that she has an overdue narrative for recognition.

Doesn’t hurt she was a fan favorite and well, that song.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Halston ends up being a top 4 contender (which it will if the reviews are decent) then I think Krysta Rodriguez has a strong chance of being a top contender (provided she has enough to do as we’ve been led to by the promo and what’s been said in interviews).

I think Kathryn Hahn is like Laura Linney last year where she’s the safest to be nominated and can win but she’s not “locked” for the win. It just depends on who gets nominated in the category with her. I think Keeley Hawes and Moses Ingram (if they go all out for The Queen’s Gambit) both stand a strong chance at being competitive if they’re nominated as well.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Michaela isn’t upsetting when The Queen’s Gambit has been sweeping 💀

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:
    1. I May Destroy You
    2. Mare of Easttown
    3. The Queen’s Gambit
    4. The Underground Railroad
    5. WandaVision

Unless Halston upsets the race, this will very much be the lineup.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

In general there are so many award-worthy and Emmy caliber miniseries and performances this year that I doubt there is room for a Marvel series to be taken seriously.

I mean it could happen, but it’s hard to imagine Emmy voters going for comic book material with comedic elements when The Queen’s Gambit, Small Axe, I May Destroy You, The Underground Railroad, Mare of Easttown, It’s A Sin, The Good Lord Bird, Fargo and Genius: Aretha are all there contending.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.