Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The Serpent has 511 points today. 500 points was the barrier I was looking for in order to call it a genuine international hit. It keeps on growing which is really impressive, despite minimal promotion.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Serpent has 511 points today. 500 points was the barrier I was looking for in order to call it a genuine international hit. It keeps on growing which is really impressive, despite minimal promotion.

I need that Jenna Coleman nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Serpent was the 68th most popular series on IMDB in the past week. This week (the site always updates on Monday), it is in third place.

Source: https://www.imdb.com/chart/tvmeter/?ref_=nv_tvv_mptv

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Not sure if the voters will go for a dark serial killer story at this point.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I read that TFAWS can go to Drama? What do you think?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I read that TFAWS can go to Drama? What do you think?

Where did you read that? So far, those involved said it would be a limited series.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Well, Andrew Cunanan would like to have a word with you

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Based on what we heard from HBO about Euphoria, I am now more skeptical about Doctor Who being on the movie ballot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Doctor Who is ineligible for TV movie (which on a literal basis it should be considering it’s an individual episode of a long-running sci-fi drama) then are we even getting 5 nominees in that category.

Just merge TV Movie with Limited Series already!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Just merge TV Movie with Limited Series already!

That should never be an option, just strike out television movies completely which don’t exist in the age of streaming. It is arbitrary of studios to decide whether a film will compete for film or television awards, see Sylvie’s Love, Hamilton.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Who cares about the TV movie category anymore.
    They should just scratch it

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

If Doctor Who is ineligible for TV movie (which on a literal basis it should be considering it’s an individual episode of a long-running sci-fi drama) then are we even getting 5 nominees in that category

Amazon alone is submitting at least ten, which is half the number that you need to trigger a fifth nominee. It does seem like HBO Max will not be running An American Pickle though and I bet that HBO submits Coastal Elites for variety special instead if it submits it at all.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a SinThe UndoingI May Destroy YouSmall AxeThe Underground Railroad, The Good Lord Bird and Mare of Easttown don’t exactly have cheery premises either.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Amazon alone is submitting at least ten, which is half the number that you need to trigger a fifth nominee. It does seem like HBO Max will not be running An American Pickle though and I bet that HBO submits Coastal Elites for variety special instead if it submits it at all.

Last year also had 11 total submissions from Lifetime, Hallmark, Freeform & Disney Channel. There should enough of those + the Amazon films to trigger 5 noms.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Who cares about the TV movie category anymore.
    They should just scratch it

The irony that the beginning of last decade Movie & Limited were merged because of the lack of miniseries, now 10 years and it’s the exact opposite.

American Horror Story & Netflix, ha power.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.