Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Variety predictions: Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series: “I May Destroy You” (HBO) “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Outstanding Television Movie: “An American Pickle” (HBO Max) “Oslo” (HBO) “Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia” (Lifetime) “Sylvie’s Love” (Amazon Prime Video) “Uncle Frank” (Amazon Prime Video) Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Jeff Daniels “The Comey Rule” (Showtime) Joel Edgerton “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Hugh Grant “The Undoing” (HBO) Ethan Hawke “The Good Lord Bird” (Showtime) Lin-Manuel Miranda “Hamilton” (Disney Plus) Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Cynthia Erivo “Genius: Aretha” (National Geographic) Thuso Mbedu “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Elizabeth Olsen “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Anya Taylor-Joy “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Kate Winslet “Mare of Easttown” (HBO) Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: John Boyega “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) Bill Camp “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Brendan Gleeson “The Comey Rule” (Showtime) William Jackson Harper “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Shaun Parkes “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) Donald Sutherland “The Undoing” (HBO) Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Jessie Buckley “Fargo” (FX) Renée Elise Goldsberry “Hamilton” Kathryn Hahn “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Marielle Heller “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Phillipa Soo “Hamilton” (Disney Plus) Letitia Wright “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video)

I get that it’s a weaker category, but I really doubt that Hamilton is going to get two people in for Supporting Actress while missing Supporting Actor despite Daveed Diggs getting the SAG nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also I stan Jessie Buckley to death (she should have won the Oscar for Wild Rose and received a nomination for I’m Thinking of Ending Things) and she’s excellent in Fargo but she is probably not even in the top 20 lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jeff Daniels “The Comey Rule” (Showtime)

PLEASE

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jeff Daniels needs to do something different because those three hundred political shows aren’t it anymore.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jeff Daniels needs to do something different because those three hundred political shows aren’t it anymore.

He served in Godless.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Michelle Dockery and Laura Dern (for The Tale) were so robbed that year

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

He served in Godless.

My favorite performance from him
    Emmy well deserved

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Michelle Dockery and Laura Dern (for The Tale) were so robbed that year

That show was so underrated it deserved to win directing and series too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That show was so underrated it deserved to win directing and possibly series too.

The only win I might not have given Godless ironically is Supporting Actress (I did like Wever but I preferred Light).

I refuse to give Actress in my personal awards that year to anyone other than Dern and Dockery in a tie. The fact Dockery doesn’t have an Emmy yet is appalling (fingers crossed Anatomy of a Scandal ends up being her vehicle!)

It’s such a shame that The Tale was too depressing for voters to nominate either Ellen Burstyn or Elizabeth Debicki.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The fact Dockery doesn’t have an Emmy yet is appalling

The way Kidman will probably get nominated this year for a less-than-great performance when Dockery excelled and outsold in a similar role 6 months prior only to get completely blanked is… frustrating.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Dockery was the MVP of Downton and she was like one of the least awarded cast members lol.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The way Dockery was the MVP of Downton and she was like one of the least awarded cast members lol.

I mean three nominations in lead is still pretty good going. Only Smith and Carter fared better at the Emmys. But yeah she was my MVP too.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Dockery is coming for Anatomy of a Scandal next year.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Agent007
    Topics:

That show was so underrated it deserved to win directing and series too.

I personally think that Godless is a whole lot better than The Queen’s Gambit and it should have swept like the The Queen’s Gambit is doing now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dockery is coming for Anatomy of a Scandal next year.

Hopefully Miller too!

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.