Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Hopefully Miller too!

If they’re both submitted in lead I’ll be rooting for Miller to be honest. I’m confident that both of them will be great though.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The biggest mystery of this awards season is why on earth the first episode of Genius : Aretha is called “Respect” when it’s not even sung in the entire episode.

I have no plans to watch more but I do hope the other two seasons of Genius aren’t on the same quality as that episode.

I mean three nominations in lead is still pretty good going. Only Smith and Carter fared better at the Emmys. But yeah she was my MVP too.

I caught myself up in a bit of muddle there hehe!

What I meant more was that in spite of her delivering the best performance on the show, she never really came close to winning. Comparatively, Froggatt won the Golden Globe, Smith won pretty much everything and Coyle got in at BAFTA (which I do consider a “win” in a sense for any performer from that show to get in with such a strenuous voting system).

Not as if any of those performers weren’t deserving (Froggatt should have won the Emmy too!) but more that it’s somewhat disappointing to see countless standout female lead performances on television not really come close to getting the recognition they deserve due to the competitive nature of these categories in retrospect to supporting ones in the era of peak TV. I guess I feel a similar way with Keri Russell not receiving a single major award for The Americans whilst Margo Martindale was able to muster two Emmys. Hopefully the same fate isn’t afflicted on Jennifer Aniston!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I guess I feel a similar way with Keri Russell not receiving a single major award for The Americans

We classify TCA as major round here.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

As we should! They’ve awarded multiple performances that were deserving of Emmy wins (Coon, McConaughey, Russell etc..)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If they’re both submitted in lead I’ll be rooting for Miller to be honest. I’m confident that both of them will be great though.

I guess they could theoretically submit Dockery in lead but it wouldn’t be particularly great for her chances (Miller has the baitier and more sympathetic role). My guess is (assuming the show doesn’t deviate too much from the novel) that Miller goes lead and Friend and Dockery go supporting. Naomi Scott’s character also has a juicy supporting role.

Honestly as long as Miller gets nominated (provided she’s good although I’m sure she probably will be because her and Dockery can do no wrong) I’ll be content. I feel like she’s not been given the attention she deserves due to the industry not really taking her seriously enough as a thespian but she honestly kills whenever she’s given a juicy role. Just last season she elevated the material she was given in The Loudest Voice and delivered one of the performances of the year in that category (and I don’t say that just because she transformed) and a better performance than the lead of her show who was showered with awards. I thought she was great in The Girl as well!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As we should! They’ve awarded multiple performances that were deserving of Emmy wins (Coon, McConaughey, Russell etc..)

Ok admittedly I did not know that Russell had won TCA (I’m glad one of the best performances on the past decade got their dues somewhere!) but wow I just had a look at TCA’s winners in that category and their taste? King, Williams, Russell, Coon, Paulson! Iconique.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ok admittedly I did not know that Russell had won TCA (I’m glad one of the best performances on the past decade got their dues somewhere!) but wow I just had a look at TCA’s winners in that category and their taste? King, Williams, Russell, Coon, Paulson! Iconique.

Edie Falco winning for her best season of The Sopranos is iconic too they really have taste.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Keri’s win there is still so fucking awesome (and deserved). I don’t think I’ll ever stop singing her praises for her performance in that show. It’s monumental, imo, but still massively underrated. I need her to book a lead role in another series asap. Rhys got to do Perry Mason, now it’s her turn!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Edie Falco winning for her best season of The Sopranos is iconic too they really have taste.

Them awarding Maslany before it was cool!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The biggest mystery of this awards season is why on earth the first episode of Genius : Aretha is called “Respect” when it’s not even sung in the entire episode.

They didn’t get the rights for Respect nor Natural Woman.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Variety predictions: Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series: “I May Destroy You” (HBO) “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Outstanding Television Movie: “An American Pickle” (HBO Max) “Oslo” (HBO) “Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia” (Lifetime) “Sylvie’s Love” (Amazon Prime Video) “Uncle Frank” (Amazon Prime Video) Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Jeff Daniels “The Comey Rule” (Showtime) Joel Edgerton “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Hugh Grant “The Undoing” (HBO) Ethan Hawke “The Good Lord Bird” (Showtime) Lin-Manuel Miranda “Hamilton” (Disney Plus) Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Cynthia Erivo “Genius: Aretha” (National Geographic) Thuso Mbedu “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Elizabeth Olsen “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Anya Taylor-Joy “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Kate Winslet “Mare of Easttown” (HBO) Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: John Boyega “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) Bill Camp “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Brendan Gleeson “The Comey Rule” (Showtime) William Jackson Harper “The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video) Shaun Parkes “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video) Donald Sutherland “The Undoing” (HBO) Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Jessie Buckley “Fargo” (FX) Renée Elise Goldsberry “Hamilton” Kathryn Hahn “WandaVision” (Disney Plus) Marielle Heller “The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix) Phillipa Soo “Hamilton” (Disney Plus) Letitia Wright “Small Axe” (Amazon Prime Video)

Not me just realising these prediction were written by Clayton Davis 💀💀💀

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

The way Halston reviews could be a total mess, with Ryan Murphy you never know what to expect, the trailers always look phenomenal- just look at Ratched- I am actually looking forward for the reviews more than the show itself.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Halston reviews could be a total mess, with Ryan Murphy you never know what to expect, the trailers always look phenomenal- just look at Ratched- I am actually looking forward for the reviews more than the show itself.

Hollywood got nominated for 12 Emmys in spite of being universally panned so unless Halston gets a worse reception I’d say it’s looking at worst at a range of 4 to 5 nods (technicals, McGregor) and is no lower than 8th in series.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Hollywood got nominated for 12 Emmys in spite of being universally panned so unless Halston gets a worse reception I’d say it’s looking at worst at a range of 4 to 5 nods (technicals, McGregor) and is no lower than 8th in series.

I think Hollywood got a few lukewarm reviews to be fair but I see ur point.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think we’re overestimating at least one of HamiltonThe Undoing and WandaVision because of DGA. I mean most of their competition at other winter awards were either ineligible (I May Destroy You) or suffered due to the guild’s bias against foreign shows (Normal People, Small Axe, Unorthodox).

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.