Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 496 through 499 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m only predicting one nod for Hamilton and it’s Diggs
    I don’t see they going all in for it at all.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Manuel-Miranda can make it in.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Manuel-Miranda can make it in.

If he gets in, there’s no reason to not nominate Leslie Odom Jr too. I doubt they’re going for a all white line up and he’s the only POC in contention since Chris Rock isn’t happening.

I think both of them + Daveed Diggs are looking good.

They nominated John Legend for Jesus Christ Superstar, so it’s not like they’re against these type of performances.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If he gets in, there’s no reason to not nominate Leslie Odom Jr too. I doubt they’re going for a all white line up and he’s the only POC in contention since Chris Rock isn’t happening. I think both of them + Daveed Diggs are looking good. They nominated John Legend for Jesus Christ Superstar, so it’s not like they’re against these type of performances.

I think Odom-Jr. could still very easily miss.

If there were 6 slots I’d feel more confident in him making the cut but I can very easily see it as a Washington-Witherspoon situation. Manuel-Miranda is the FACE of Miranda. It’s his show and it’s the reason he’s so big on a mainstream and industry level right now. Whilst Odom-Jr. does deliver a performance that viewers of Hamilton prefer, he isn’t so associated with the image of the musical as much as Miranda is.

Considering how he missed in the Globes field of 5 I think he can easily miss for someone like Bettany.

I would argue Miranda is safer than Diggs on the basis that lead actor is less competitive than supporting.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 4 posts - 496 through 499 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.