Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This summary was added to Netflix’s Halston page:

Ewan McGregor stars as the ambitious and complex fashion icon in this limited series from Emmy winner Ryan Murphy.

So now it has a full cast list and summary. Something Inventing Anna‘s Netflix page on the other hand does not have.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

This summary was added to Netflix’s Halston page: So now it has a full cast list and summary. Something Inventing Anna‘s Netflix page on the other hand does not have.

I need a trailer now!!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

SERIES:
    1. The Queen’s Gambit
    2. I May Destroy You
    3. The Underground Railroad
    4. WandaVision
    5. Mare of Easttown
    6. Small Axe
    7. Genius: Aretha
    8. The Undoing
    9. Simply Halston
    10. It’s a Sin

ACTRESS:
    1. Anya Taylor-Joy
    2. Michaela Coel
    3. Kate Winslet
    4. Thuso Mbedu
    5. Elizabeth Olsen
    6. Cynthia Erivo
    7. Nicole Kidman
    8. Jenna Coleman
    9. Tessa Thompson
    10. Lydia West

ACTOR:
    1. Ethan Hawke
    2. Ewan McGregor
    3. Lin-Manuel Miranda
    4. Leslie Odom Jr.
    5. Paul Bettany
    6. Tahar Rahim
    7. Hugh Grant
    8. Olly Alexander
    9. Bryan Cranston
    10. Jeff Daniels

SUPP ACTRESS:
    1. Kathryn Hahn
    2. Marielle Heller
    3. Moses Ingram
    4. Renee Elise Goldsberry
    5. Phillipa Soo
    6. Weruche Opia
    7. Lily Rabe (TUR)
    8. Letitia Wright
    9. Jean Smart
    10. Keeley Hawes

SUPP ACTOR:
    1. John Boyega
    2. Bill Camp
    3. Daveed Diggs
    4. Joel Edgerton
    5. William Jackson Harper
    6. Donald Sutherland
    7. Thomas Brodie-Sangster
    8. Shaun Parkes
    9. Brendan Gleeson
    10. Evan Peters (MoE)

WRITING:
    1. The Queen’s Gambit
    2. I May Destroy You
    3. The Underground Railroad
    4. Small Axe
    5. WandaVision
    6. It’s a Sin
    7. The Good Lord Bird
    8. Mare of Easttown
    9. Simply Halston
    10. Uncle Frank

DIRECTING:
    1. The Queen’s Gambit
    2. The Underground Railroad
    3. WandaVision
    4. Small Axe
    5. I May Destroy You
    6. The Undoing
    7. Simply Halston
    8. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    9. Mare of Easttown
    10. It’s a Sin

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

7. Lily Rabe (TUN)

For a minute I really thought that you were talking about the Ariana Grande song.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think my Ariana Grande fan brain must have autofilled that acronym because The Underground Nailroad is not a show that exists.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think my Ariana Grande fan brain must have autofilled that acronym because The Underground Nailroad is not a show that exists.

Lol, i presumed it was The Undoing 😂

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Halston FYC page is hidden but can already be found https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie/halston

Looks like Vera Farmiga won’t eligible. They are also only submitting one episode in both writing and directing (unless the show has the same director for every episodes, regardless, only Dan Minahan is being submitted).

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Ewan McGregor coming for his Emmy YupYupWendyWilliams.mp4

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Interestingly, The Serpent’s page is still completely blanked (https://series.netflixawards.com/limited-series-television-movie/the-serpent) while shows only premiering in May already have theirs up (https://series.netflixawards.com/drama-series/jupiters-legacy).

This will probably change, but I guess it confirms the show wasn’t on their radar at all awards wise.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I have a feeling Netflix will treat The Serpent like Giri/Haji last year. Missed opportunity on both sides.

Interesting that Krysta Rodriguez is listed first in supporting actress. She may be a big player. Rebecca Dayan too considering her character has a lot of prominence in the source material.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit adds the CDG to its list.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

The Queen’s Sweep

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

The Queen’s Sweep

The only thing that can potentially stop this year’s juggernaut is last year’s juggernaut, since it’s up against Watchmen at the last three guild awards (CAS seems like the weakest link; TQG’s sound design is fine, but it didn’t stand out to me). But that hypothetical of course doesn’t factor into the Emmys race.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

April 10, 2021 at 8:47 pm#1204191379
    Switched to The Queen’s Gambit at CDG. I’m getting the feeling that due to the wider pool at the guilds that The Crown is going to suffer (but I do think it will do well in Emmy wins below the line) and I’ve gone for Gambit over Bridgerton because of its character and plot themed costume design.

I don’t think The Queen’s Gambit will necessarily sweep the creative arts. It’s worth baring in mind that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 3 and The Crown season 3 did hold off Watchmen in some categories and both those seasons of Maisel and The Crown were weaker than this one of The Crown. So with the arguably smaller Emmy voting pool it’s not implausible that The Crown will be able to comeback in some of the craft categories considering we saw how Maisel managed this last year (I don’t think either The Crown or The Queen’s Gambit are breaking wins records).

But as I said on the first page, if The Underground Railroad wants to win key above and below the line Emmys against The Queen’s Gambit, it’s going to face an almost unbeatable hurdle.

On a separate note, I wonder if we’re overestimating how “safe” Boyega is for the win in supporting and if Bill Camp might beat him like Alexander Skarsgard beat David Thewliss and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II beat Jim Parsons for acclaimed buzzy supporting performances. Maybe I’m overthinking and Boyega is indeed the Ben Whishaw of this year and he’ll win the awards he’s nominated for regardless of Small Axe‘s weakness in Series but that SAG nod for Camp feels like it means something…

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Hulu are submitting three of their original films to TV Movie this year (“The Binge”, “Boss Level” and “The Ultimate Playlist of Noise”). Should definitely be enough for that category to get 5 nominations this year.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.