Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Obviously impossible to know, but with queen beating crown with costume guild, I wonder what would happen if they were to compete in the same genre at the Emmys.
    emma losing to gillian makes me think fellow 20something anya would beat her.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

were these already released? i have never heard of them.

Binge dropped last august, The Playlist was released Jan 15 and Boss Level was just released last month (surprised the latter didn’t make any noise since it stars Naomi Watts, Mel Gibson & Michelle Yeoh).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Another week, another viral tweet about Anya Taylor Joy, this time a BTS pic from her filming a Tifanny&Co ad (202k likes as of writing).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Another week, another viral tweet about Anya Taylor Joy, this time a BTS pic from her filming a Tifanny&Co ad (202k likes as of writing).

At this point, I don’t think any of us need to see a proof for her position as the likely winner.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

We don’t have any evidence that Boyega is the frontruner, while Bill Camp got a SAG nomination with 15-20 minutes of screentime, Small Axe wasn’t nominated for a single guild, which is worrisome for a period show.

Bill Camp is a veteran who is overdue for recognition.

I think Amazon will probably move Boyega to Lead.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II beat Jim Parsons  

And thank god for that darling 

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

It’s now 419k likes.

She’s giving me major Zendaya vibes except this time it’s for a project that’s steamrolled all season and I’m not only one of a handful who are predicting it.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She’s definitely winning the Emmy every factor is working in her favor right now.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

There’s also this tweet.

https://twitter.com/anyafiles/status/1382109353407250433?s=21

She’s clearly the it girl right now

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really wouldn’t look into Small Axe‘s snubs too much. In this particular case it tells us is that it’s weak in series rather than it’s weak overall.

It’s a bit like A Very English Scandal which when it came to the guilds only got a SAG nomination for Hugh Grant (who is one of the most famous and popular actors working today and had an incredibly showy performance in a weak field).

Just like A Very English Scandal (which in all likelihood was probably closer to a series nomination than Maniac and that show had WGA, DGA and PGA nominations), Small Axe doesn’t necessarily needs the guilds to get Emmy nominations because it is a show that seems to have industry respect on both sides of the Atlantic, the backing of critics and is one that will probably have strong support from the British bloc in the academy. All of which helps due to the more limited Emmy membership.

To cut a long story short, whilst I’m not sure about it doing well below the line and am sceptical about series and writing nominations, I don’t think there’s any cause for concern for Small Axe in Supporting Actor and Directing unless it somehow dramatically under-performs at BAFTA.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Minus a complete shut out, what would a Small Axe Bafta underperformance even be?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy

Can’t wait to laugh when she takes the Emmy and TCA to complete her squeaky clean sweep.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Minus a complete shut out, what would a Small Axe Bafta underperformance even be?

Essentially performing worse than A Very English Scandal there.

It will be worrisome if it under-performs below the line or if only McQueen and Parkes get in.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Nothing above the line except directing

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Letitia Wright is booking new projects, so it looks like she wasn’t so affected by the backlash for some reason.

She will be under my radar again for a nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.