Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

That quick for The Underground Railroad? I mean if its existing material was bad or contributing to “black suffering” how come it garnered such acclaim and won Pulitzer?

You can just look at the replies and quoted replies of that tweet https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1382725876714967041?s=21

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I could definitely see O’Connor get in.

Possible. We have seen performers manage to get a coattail acting nomination on the strength and goodwill of their other nominated piece of work (Ann Dowd, Jason Bateman last year) and the actor field is wide open.

Between his potential Emmy win for The Crown, this and Mothering Sunday it looks like this year is a big one for O’Connor.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Yeah, apparently Pierre is a major role in the series. Wouldn’t be shocked if Amazon moved either him or Edgerton up to lead.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Solos premieres this Spring. Some Supporting Actress contenders (if eligible):

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway, Constance Wu, and Nicole Beharie as Emmy nominees? I’m already campaigning for this show!

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I was totally underwhelmed by the TUR trailer, looks okay but so repetitive.

Anyway, the show is locked for a nod.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Solos premieres this Spring. Some Supporting Actress contenders (if eligible):

Can confirm that everyone is going supporting. I think that we were waiting for the public announcement before adding them to the predictions centre.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m hoping the show is good because it could really make the limited supporting categories a lot more interesting and a lot more fun.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

No way, last year they were already quite far from the 7 slots threshold and I don’t think there will be more submissions this year. They would need to increase by around 40%

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Well, I think we all agree that Anya is far safer than The Queen’s Gambit at its respective category. The more I think of The Underground Railroad, the more I remember how the entire award lovers were blown by Barry Jenkins’ work, Moonlight, winning the Oscar without defeating La La Land at any precursor (as far as I remember). A same project comes from a same brain and each day it is gaining more and more buzz. The difference is that this can take winter awards at the end of this unholy year.

I literally say this and no one listens.

No one writes a backlash about Victorian England in period dramas although it’s been put into film/TV like a thousand times. Why do they write a backlash for this beautiful drama adapted from Pulitzer-winning novel? I mean it’s part of American history, isn’t it?

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad is more of an ensemble piece. Definitely the one that can beat The Queen’s Gambit in the limited series. But interesting reaction from the twitter so far and mostly from the black community.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I literally say this and no one listens. No one writes a backlash about Victorian England in period dramas although it’s been put into film/TV like a thousand times. Why do they write a backlash for this beautiful drama adapted from Pulitzer-winning novel? I mean it’s part of American history, isn’t it?

The point they are making is that a large number of films made by Hollywood about black people center around them suffering or in distress. There are many more black stories to tell than just these and all the complaints and criticisms are valid and justifiable, especially when it seems to be coming from the black community itself. You can understand why it’s not comparable to something like Victorian England at all.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

The point they are making is that a large number of films made by Hollywood about black people center around them suffering or in distress. There are many more black stories to tell than just these and all the complaints and criticisms are valid and justifiable, especially when it seems to be coming from the black community itself. You can understand why it’s not comparable to something like Victorian England at all.

Is it a consensus? I guess I have to listen to Jenkins himself because I feel like he wants to make his Schindler’s List at least once in his lifetime. BTW, will Emmy get a backlash if this wins like they did back when Moonlight won? It was a very small backlash actually, but people like Spike Lee made a statement for that.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

BTW, will Emmy get a backlash if this wins like they did back when Moonlight won? It was a very small backlash actually, but people like Spike Lee made a statement for that.

I’m assuming you mean Green Book (which Spike Lee spoke out against), and no – the issues with that film are different to the point being discussed.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I’m assuming you mean Green Book (which Spike Lee spoke out against), and no – the issues with that film are different to the point being discussed.

No, when Moonlight won, Spike Lee said that it happened because of #oscarsowhite. Now, it seems like Emmy doesn’t really have the same issue, but it may happen since this series’ topic is mainly related to slavery and slaves’ struggle.

That being said, I don’t think the people’s reaction will prevent this to do well at The Emmy (of course if this turns out to be what has been expected), but I wonder others here have a different opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.